Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's failing because the update server seems to be down. An uncaught exception that is thrown when the connection times out makes it break. This is one of those "single point of failure" scenarios where a simple try-catch with a confirmation dialog (e.g. "Update server is down, continue?") would solve the problem. Does anybody know if Ragehunter's code is opensource or if he allows other people to contribute?

LAZYBOT support thread, Q&A, requests and updates
    jumperu's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/45
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gerardolm View Post
    It's failing because the update server seems to be down. An uncaught exception that is thrown when the connection times out makes it break. This is one of those "single point of failure" scenarios where a simple try-catch with a confirmation dialog (e.g. "Update server is down, continue?") would solve the problem. Does anybody know if Ragehunter's code is opensource or if he allows other people to contribute?
    He did not share his source so far, but u can try and post on the russian forum Lazy Evolution 5.0.5 16057 -

@all

wait for the fix and stop posting the same error again&again, i'm sure we will get a fix soon.
    :gusta:wow:gusta:

Jolted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't seem to make an account on that site for whatever reason it won't send the email confirmation to my email so I cant't post. Do you have one? Could you post for us? Thanks..

gerardolm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for those that do not want to wait, grab .NET Reflector and the Reflexil addon and remove the update check. I would upload the patched .exe but I would need Ragehunter's approval for that.

drncrll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, for those that do not want to wait, grab .NET Reflector and the Reflexil addon and remove the update check. I would upload the patched .exe but I would need Ragehunter's approval for that.
    Hey bro can you please explain a little more what to do? I honestly didnt understand much...thanks!

jumperu's Avatar Contributor
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    5/45
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Jolted View Post
    I can't seem to make an account on that site for whatever reason it won't send the email confirmation to my email so I cant't post. Do you have one? Could you post for us? Thanks..
    Check the spam folder.
    I'll post also when i get home..
    :gusta:wow:gusta:

gerardolm's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by drncrll View Post
    Hey bro can you please explain a little more what to do? I honestly didnt understand much...thanks!
    LazyBot is written in a .NET language, meaning the .exe file (which contains .NET bytecode) can be "disassembled" to take a look at what it does in a more or less readable way (more than asm at least). This is what .NET Reflector does, you can open a .NET Assembly (like a .exe or a .dll) and see, to a certain extent, what it does. Reflexil is an addon for this tool which lets you, aside from seeing, write or modify this code. Basically what I did was disassemble the LazyBot executable, find where it's checking for updates and just remove this method call and then save back the .exe. This way, when you start it up, it skips the check for updates step and goes directly to the main screen.

drncrll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LazyBot is written in a .NET language, meaning the .exe file (which contains .NET bytecode) can be "disassembled" to take a look at what it does in a more or less readable way (more than asm at least). This is what .NET Reflector does, you can open a .NET Assembly (like a .exe or a .dll) and see, to a certain extent, what it does. Reflexil is an addon for this tool which lets you, aside from seeing, write or modify this code. Basically what I did was disassemble the LazyBot executable, find where it's checking for updates and just remove this method call and then save back the .exe. This way, when you start it up, it skips the check for updates step and goes directly to the main screen.
    Oh thanks for the quick answer gerardolm, can you check your inbox plz?

tylen's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    17/14
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    since Ragehunter never shared his code which he got by modifying open source code, you dont need to ask his permission.. making him what, like the owner of copyright?

EUROBOT's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by tylen View Post
    since Ragehunter never shared his code which he got by modifying open source code, you dont need to ask his permission.. making him what, like the owner of copyright?
    I think everyone could choose share his work or not, no matter it starts after shared work from another one or not. I think it's also applied to drncrll. Ragehunter has done that LB will continue, so his contribution must be apreciated, and I understand gerardolm.

Mreguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If possible, could you send me your patched version of this?

andrewpaulmurray's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took LazyEvolution.exe from the last ROMBOT release, copied it across and used it to launch the new RAGEHUNTER version. Lazybot now works, (Pandaren also), but the interface has reverted to the "old style".

Jolted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by andrewpaulmurray View Post
    I took LazyEvolution.exe from the last ROMBOT release, copied it across and used it to launch the new RAGEHUNTER version. Lazybot now works, (Pandaren also), but the interface has reverted to the "old style".
    Could you post a link to the ROMBOT download.

drncrll's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok to make it START for now (atleast it works for me) the only thing you have to do is what andrewpaulmurray said, take the .exe from here : DepositFiles. The problem is that i cannot manage to "Attach" the bot, it recognize the process but it says that i'm not in game... I dont know if he's using another version of the .exe.
    Last edited by drncrll; 10-25-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Jolted's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    drncrll I used your link and copied to my Lazy Evo folder. When you start the exe it says "not ingame" however if you just click attach it will open the bot. When I click start bot i get an error saying the program needs to close but if you just keep the window open rather than clicking close the bot works just fine. Let me know if that works for you as well.