0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PQR] Boomkin PVP Profile

Hey guys, just finished school, haven't had time to play WoW in the past month due to finals but now that I'm done I have decided to start my Boomkin PVP project. Profile is in the works (started yesterday =P) but I need ideas for the profile to be functional. In due time I will finish it although it could take me some time to get used to the LUA API although very similar to java and c++.

Current Implementations:
    Dot Spreading when a hotkey is held down
    Auto use starsurge on procs
    Burst mode, using starfall 3 times in a row with all cooldowns
    simple DPS rotation for wrath+starfire
    hotkey for vortex+beam interrupt combo
    healing logic, built in logic for symbiosis

Any ideas welcome, I have a much larger list then what I have mentioned above but that's what currently comes to mind.

[PQR] Boomkin PVP Profile
    Christopher X's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auto-cyclone arena targets with burst CDs up and root melee with burst CDs up if cyclone DR is too high

Taran32's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't require a key to be held down for dot spreading. If anything, have it be a keypress "on" and "off" switch for dot spreading to make it less hectic if you're on the move. With keybinds the way they are with Druids, your best bet might be to have it work similar to the Paintballer's (i.e. if you tab target, it puts the appropriate dots + rotation).

I'd say try and get with him about working your ideas into his existing rotation. It seems to be doin pretty well, though I'm glad you're on top of this . I know you and I had some ideas on how to make his viable for PvP and from what I understand, he's not doing a major update until the new PQI is released.

joboy_67's Avatar Active Member Super Wiener CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Taran32 View Post
    Don't require a key to be held down for dot spreading. If anything, have it be a keypress "on" and "off" switch for dot spreading to make it less hectic if you're on the move. With keybinds the way they are with Druids, your best bet might be to have it work similar to the Paintballer's (i.e. if you tab target, it puts the appropriate dots + rotation).

I'd say try and get with him about working your ideas into his existing rotation. It seems to be doin pretty well, though I'm glad you're on top of this . I know you and I had some ideas on how to make his viable for PvP and from what I understand, he's not doing a major update until the new PQI is released.
    My idea was to be hold down for dot spread if standing in 1 spot otherwise normal dps, and while on the move it could dot spread. After I get the bulk of the work done it can be tested both ways or I can just make it PQI interface compatible.

Taran32's Avatar Knight-Lieutenant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jonni67 View Post
    My idea was to be hold down for dot spread if standing in 1 spot otherwise normal dps, and while on the move it could dot spread. After I get the bulk of the work done it can be tested both ways or I can just make it PQI interface compatible.
    Gotcha ok . I still like the idea of a toggle better. Holding any key down is just a major hassle, especially when the toggle option exists and can display a nice, clear message that dot spread is "on" or "off." Is there any way you could create both options? That'd obviously take care of the issue completely.