0 Thread(s)

Nova Command Center

Introducing: Nova Command Center!

Link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23527046/Nova_Command.exe
    VirusTotal: ncc.exe
    MD5: 93B9DCFCA414712948D32D29F92AC97B
    SHA- 1: 3333D712620C93FD1474F0F10370D54F46334898

What it is:

Nova Command Center (aka ncc) is a custom program that allows pqr users to get the teams updates faster and easier. However we expand on that idea to allow it to be a launcher for pqr, wow, dev tools, ownedcore threads, and we've added in our very own feedback system.

Why Use It:

With this program you can get profile updates and view changelogs in one place. If you don't want to hunt down different shortcuts to launch different programs located in different folders with this you set your folder paths and use the menu bar to open the programs from one space.

Other Features:

Some have noticed that Team Nova's profiles are somewhat encrypted, how would you like the power to do this for your own profiles? Using this program you can crypt your own profiles using the same cryptor we have begun using!

Feedback has been a problem for us so we've created our feedback system to help us help you, if its a bug or you want to drop us a line please do!, include your owncore name in the message and if we can we'll give some rep here on ownedcore!

Play on an older build of wow? can't find the offset? We've added in a build search and if the build is found NCC will download that offset to your current PQR folder!

Notes:

as this is the first release there may be things i've might of overlooked, if so please use the feedback!

the installer bundles (PQR, PQRUPDATER, PQR DEBUG, ZEROBRANE STUDIO) to make it easier to get going.

in Nova Profiles you may notice default changelogs on the class tabs, this is due to Us starting out and this will change as time goes on. Its not Broken!

Thank You, for helping Us Grow and Using Our Profiles!

Please if someone helped you donate rep to them.

Ninjaderp's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing tool, gonna give some rep when I've spread some around. This may become really useful for new people and experienced as well ^^

bu_ba_911's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sexy!!! I added the info and link to the main post ^_^
    ^0^Team Nova's PQR NCC ^0^

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!

joemejiav's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will you limit this program by restricting it to only display nova profiles in the profiler? You guys have the market for this kind of PQR and profiler launcher right now, do you want competition that would arise because something intuitive is not offered? such as the ability for other developers to put their profiles in the lists and also be able to receive feedback.
    I'm not too sure how I feel about you guys making your encrypter so easily accesible. Not too sure that I like, or know what it means for the future of the community
    Humbly
    - Just a member

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by joemejiav View Post
    Will you limit this program by restricting it to only display nova profiles in the profiler? You guys have the market for this kind of PQR and profiler launcher right now, do you want competition that would arise because something intuitive is not offered? such as the ability for other developers to put their profiles in the lists and also be able to receive feedback.
    I'm not too sure how I feel about you guys making your encrypter so easily accesible. Not too sure that I like, or know what it means for the future of the community
    Humbly
    - Just a member
    haha we put a lot of work in to make these nifty lil programs, we haven't discussed if we'll release anything at a later date for other devs to use to help release their stuff... but for now this is strictly us...
    to many things are hard coded in to work only for us to really add in different dev's works and such, so that wont be even possible unless we rewrite a lot of the code in the program

and for the future of the community.... frankly it's either going to help it out immensely (our hope and we think it will from dev reaction), or it will kill it (when a dev goes inactive and someone wants to continue their work)

you can't blame us for giving devs more power it all relies on the devs that use it and how

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!

kclux's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to see someone making a decrypter for this encrypter Sorry to say but I still think that is a horrible idea there, in my personal opinion it is worse than selling profiles for donations. I rather donate and am able to have a look at the code and make some small changes to my likings than just having to play with it as it is.

That is what made PQR so great and what made all the new developers arise. So many of the current developers say they did not know LUA at all and still even don't know it to well yet but they learn so much from other profiles and combine things they learned to make new and better profiles.

Personally I think what you do hurts the PQR community big time especially since developers are on come and go basis and others take over their work. You also decided to stop your work for months and luckily other ppl jumped in and parts of your code got used too. So next time you are fed up and stop it will hurt the community a lot more.

My personal hope is that developers wont start to encrypt their stuff, so that it will be only you guys from team nova or even better that you also change your mind and stop doing it yourselves Because I really would want to keep PQR as awesome as it is. The profiles should stay open source as it was, open source was always THE way to go.

crystal_tech's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    1/6
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humbly
    - Just a member
    I'd like to make it so if a dev wants to include there profiles/changelogs that we could add it to them to ncc, but for the moment its just us as the feedback goes to only us atm, For now, ncc links to the community thread here on ownedcore.

@kclux
    i know encryption is a double edge sword, but the reason is peps would take someones profile, add maybe 10% more to it, sometimes not change any function names etc, and sell it as if they coded it 100%.

we are still trying to find a good middle ground with it,

a) full script encrypting
    b) functions only encrypting
    c) rotation only encrypting
    d) new feature only encrypting
    e) no encrypting

we aren't saying everything we code will have encryption.

Please if someone helped you donate rep to them.

kclux's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @crystal yeah I totally do understand where you are coming from, it sucks when someone takes your work and sells it, no doubt.

I am just really worried bout the future and profile developers and how it will most likely also scare possible new developers away. I myself for example use custom profiles for basically everything and it is always like Xmas when some major new profiles get released and I can learn new stuff from them. Some of my personal profiles are only small modifications of the original ones and some are a total rewrite but when everything new will be encrypted, sad times are coming for ppl like me.

Now I am not the most beneficial example for the community since I do not feel comfortable enough with what I put together to release it, since for others it might just not work at all but there are other ppl that actively release and might have the same issues then.

So yeah the main thing that concerns me, is that before it have been only you 2 but with now basically telling everyone to do it, we might end up with encrypted profiles all the way ( worst case scenario ) and no one will be able to learn anymore from the profiles and we will not get new developers anymore ...
    Last edited by kclux; 09-23-2013 at 06:51 AM.

joemejiav's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest, if the rotation editor wasn't encrypted and there was some variation between the "available abilites" and the "current abilities" in the rotation editor. I wouldn't mind encryption
    But a profile that doesn't have good PQI support for tweaking should probably not be encrypted.

kclux I've heard quite a few stories of devs in different communities where the community dies because of code stealing drama. I don't think this issue is black and white and has always been a debate with Open Source. We'll have to wait and see how things play out.

One thing I do think is black and white is how detrimental it is for the profiler and feedback to only go back to you guys. I doubt it will grow beyond only the people that already use your profiles regardless of it's many other functions and utilities. This tool will hardly be the norm if it isn't adopted by all the other devs.

Another aspect of this is that optimization of profiles get slowed down.
    Hello CT
    Here is some feedback
    The profile shouldn't start with Stormbolt when AOE mode is enabled, the other mobs just run past you on that one GCD.
    It uses Shattering Throw whenever it's off CD, therefore at the beginning of every fight when it should be building rage or gaining aggro. Shattering Throw should be manual as it is a raid cooldown and it has a cast time.
    I think it should always auto Shield Reflect when a spell is reflectable as it's outside of every other GCD and costs nothing.
    These changes would have been done by myself in 10 minutes if it wasn't encrytped. I think A LOT of people don't program lua but know enough to make a few tweaks for themselves. It's been a week and who knows how long until these tweaks come next in your to-do list.

Losing flexibility is always a bad thing
    BUT with how great is PQI coupled with non-encrypted rotations I think you can retain most of your flexibility while still remaining encrypted. Otherwise you're really taking away from the functions of PQR, It may as well have no interface and just execute profiles, that is all it can do when they are encrypted..

That being said, I don't wish to bring any more drama to the release of this tool!
    CONGRATULATIONS
    IT LOOKS AWSOME
    Last edited by joemejiav; 09-23-2013 at 09:44 AM.

syphilis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any idea how I'd get this to refresh diseases with blood boil, and add a keypress to apply diseases manually?

I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by syphilis View Post
    Anyone have any idea how I'd get this to refresh diseases with blood boil, and add a keypress to apply diseases manually?
    when doesn't it use Blood boil to reapply diseases? and why would you need a keypress to do it? diseases should always be up on the target >.>

syphilis's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bu_ba_911 View Post
    when doesn't it use Blood boil to reapply diseases? and why would you need a keypress to do it? diseases should always be up on the target >.>
    I must have been using a well outdated version, or I messed something up in the code myself. It was only using outbreak and not using manual diseases, but after an update everything works perfectly. +rep and sorry for the stupid question.

I stuck that lovin' .44 beneath my head.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by syphilis View Post
    I must have been using a well outdated version, or I messed something up in the code myself. It was only using outbreak and not using manual diseases, but after an update everything works perfectly. +rep and sorry for the stupid question.
    Glad you were able to get your issue resolved

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just a heads up.... The reason no other profiles have come out on my end are for a couple reasons.

A.) I was helping Crystal Tech with NCC whenever I could (LOVE that program)
    B.) I've been utterly and completely addicted to Battle Pets (I don't have a raid group at all >.>)
    C.) I've been researching a lot to expand my knowledge on how to get things accomplished
    D.) In order to practice using the knowledge I'm gaining to verify my understanding of it.... I'm nearly done rewriting the Healing Engine using my new knowledge ^_^

the new healing engine is similar to the old one... and if it doesn't react as fast as the old one, i'll scrap the whole thing all together as this is really just me working on new coding techniques BUT I'm hoping this will work better as I'm trying to cache as much data as possible, instead or remaking the entire table every single time.

If i end up scrapping the project, I'll release the code for others to toy around with... If I end up using the code.... You shall see it in action when i finally finished my Mistweaver Update xD I see a lot of holes in my own....

Now bear with me, I would still recommend Deadpan's over mine as he actually plays his a hell of a lot more than I do mine... it's just going to be my guinea pig <3

Projected Release Data: 9/29/2013

If you have any suggestions or issues with our profiles, please use the NCC feedback tool to send us any and all information you consider relevant