Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the line you are trying to work with?

ProbablyEngine Addon - Warlords
    Ralphiuss's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by StinkyTwitch View Post
    What's the line you are trying to work with?
    ehh sorry to say I'm not sure how to answer.

Just got back into wow learning that PQR is gone.

Trying to learn PE as best as I can.

What I'm trying to do is just whatever I mouse over it'll try to interact with it. So I just took what you made and my simple LUA segment and tried to insert it into a profile into the out of combat section and just seems to never work.

StinkyTwitch's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    19/13
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well with PE you need at least 2 things per line. You need an Action (spell) and a Condition (checks) and third a Target (Target/Focus/Mouseover) it defaults to Target if not used.

so if I'm reading what you want you would just need a spell and your condition here's an example for Pick Pocket:

Code:
    { "Pick Pocket", { (function() InteractUnit( "mouseover" ) end), }, "target", },
    Not that it would actually work as InteractUnit is right-click I believe? Easiest way to learn is to look at the Default profiles and other profile writers stuff.

derfred's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by ImogenOC View Post
    All depends on your choice of unlocker, that's what measure's your safety.
    The addon itself is a non-issue, work's like nemo without an unlocker.
    Is there any general consencus on what might be considered the safest unlocker?

Edit;

Originally Posted by ImogenOC View Post
    Firehack.
    Additionally, it's more than just an unlocker. It's a quester, explorer, raider, and tea-baggers wet dream.
    Flying in draenor, climbing cliffs in pandaria and timeless isles, waterwalking, always facing, follow anything... All on 64x? Worth it for 4 bucks, and the discount for quarterly and annual is great.
    Thanks for the info, then I guess its just a matter of preference deciding between soapbox or firehack+probably
    Last edited by derfred; 11-20-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by derfred View Post
    I think most would say firehack, but that cost $3.99 a month.

ImogenOC's Avatar Contributor ProbablyEngine Community Manager
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firehack.
    Additionally, it's more than just an unlocker. It's a quester, explorer, raider, and tea-baggers wet dream.
    Flying in draenor, climbing cliffs in pandaria and timeless isles, waterwalking, always facing, follow anything... All on 64x? Worth it for 4 bucks, and the discount for quarterly and annual is great.
    ProbablyEngine - Developer and Lead Support
    A Powerful Rotation Bot: ProbablyEngine

Filint's Avatar Contributor Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    23/56
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info, then I guess its just a matter of preference deciding between soapbox or firehack+probably
    If I could just drop my 2 cents in here..

I've used Honorbuddy (with the Portal routine), Soapbox, and Probably Engine extensively, in raids, solo content and dungeons. My preference is PE. First, it gives me the highest dps on my frost mage, yes EVEN HIGHER THAN SOAPBOX AND PORTAL. Then in addition to that, there are profiles for every class, FREE, and you can edit the profiles to suit yourself. There are no fps drops, unlike Honorbuddy, and it runs on 64 bit too.

I use Firehack as my unlocker and can attest to its awesomeness (although I don't know how safe it is, given that it registers a global LUA variable called "FireHack"... if PE can detect it's presence, surely blizzard can too, but oh well).

But I would definitely go with PE.

derfred's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Filint View Post
    If I could just drop my 2 cents in here..

I've used Honorbuddy (with the Portal routine), Soapbox, and Probably Engine extensively, in raids, solo content and dungeons. My preference is PE. First, it gives me the highest dps on my frost mage, yes EVEN HIGHER THAN SOAPBOX AND PORTAL. Then in addition to that, there are profiles for every class, FREE, and you can edit the profiles to suit yourself. There are no fps drops, unlike Honorbuddy, and it runs on 64 bit too.

I use Firehack as my unlocker and can attest to its awesomeness (although I don't know how safe it is, given that it registers a global LUA variable called "FireHack"... if PE can detect it's presence, surely blizzard can too, but oh well).

But I would definitely go with PE.
    Hey thanks for the input!

I also used Honorbuddy aswell as PQR while raiding in world top 10 guild. PQR blows Honorbuddy away and with some of my own edits to the profile I used for PQR, it gave more dps then any of the payed ones (soapbox etc). But having not played for a while and heard that there was a huge PQR banwave I was now looking arounnd for the safest method that closest resembles PQR. I haven't tried soapbox in it current state, only when he was making PQR profiles, but Ill definitely do the trial-thing with it and also check out Firehack, seems pretty good.
    Thanks again for the info, it helps a lot hearing others opinions when Ive been away for a long time and not being up to date.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey thanks for the input!

I also used Honorbuddy aswell as PQR while raiding in world top 10 guild. PQR blows Honorbuddy away and with some of my own edits to the profile I used for PQR, it gave more dps then any of the payed ones (soapbox etc). But having not played for a while and heard that there was a huge PQR banwave I was now looking arounnd for the safest method that closest resembles PQR. I haven't tried soapbox in it current state, only when he was making PQR profiles, but Ill definitely do the trial-thing with it and also check out Firehack, seems pretty good.
    Thanks again for the info, it helps a lot hearing others opinions when Ive been away for a long time and not being up to date.
    My concern right now is the community. Handful of profile devs, which are doing a great job. I'm afraid that profile writers will start dropping off.

sany89's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    2/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i need a unholy dk profile, anyone got one? in the old forum someone posted some profile with the name "unheilig" - anyone got that?

akeon1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ralphiuss View Post
    My concern right now is the community. Handful of profile devs, which are doing a great job. I'm afraid that profile writers will start dropping off.
    If there is anything I have learned here, its that:

- Profile devs WILL come and go (few exceptions).

- Even if you can't get your favourite profile updated in x months time, you are not buying a rotation therefore you are not loosing any money (We do it because we enjoy it or are perfectionists or both).

- There are some people (myself included) that came from the "leecher" side, saw their favourite devs leave and then decide to pick up the mantle and learn it for themselves - thereby perpetuating a flourishing cycle of iteration and improvement. This IS a good thing. Though obviously its nicer when our favourite devs don't fade off in to the distance.
    Last edited by akeon1; 11-21-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by akeon1 View Post
    If there is anything I have learned here, its that:

- Profile devs WILL come and go (few exceptions).

- Even if you can't get your favourite profile updated in x months time, you are not buying a rotation therefore you are not loosing any money (We do it because we enjoy it or are perfectionists or both).

- There are some people (myself included) that came from the "leecher" side, saw their favourite devs leave and then decide to pick up the mantle and learn it for themselves - thereby perpetuating a flourishing cycle of iteration and improvement. This IS a good thing. Though obviously its nicer when our favourite devs don't fade off in to the distance.
    This.

One of the ways we grow is by word of mouth, so spread it about!

Christopher X's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does PE work for creating profiles? Can you still create profiles in basic WoW LUA or do you have to use another code because looking at some example profiles it seems that's the case?
    Last edited by Christopher X; 11-22-2014 at 05:13 AM.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PE uses an easy to use DSL-Lua language, I made a veryyy basic (read: old / uncomplicated) video tutorial on it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nzzxd2dsb...q9wM-D_yfRJ16a

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to pickup.

Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PE uses an easy to use DSL-Lua language, I made a veryyy basic (read: old / uncomplicated) video tutorial on it.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sc/nzzxd2dsb...q9wM-D_yfRJ16a

It's incredibly intuitive and easy to pickup.

Edit: In hindsight I wonder how drunk/stoned I was.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast