9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Glider vs. Openbot (25th of January)

Glider Versus OpenBot: OpenBot

Press -->> here <<-- for the glider part

Don't forget to rep Ocktra as well if you like this guide that we have written. you can do that by pressing here or by pressing the +REP button at his reply to this post.

I have made a fatal error the day when i posted this thread, I should have edited a part, but I must have had two windows open and overwritten my edited part. I had forgotten some of the most -and perhaps the most important - part of the OpenBot team, Fluffster. It is his project and he is the guy we should thank for this wonderfull bot. Sorry Fluffster, Oog, JHN, Yaxa, M^3 and Glave + any other I may have forgotten. This was a dumb case of bad editing from my side tho.

A little introduction first. As some of you know, I am administrator here on MMOwned and have been for quite a while. I have been a regular botuser for just over 2 years, where i started with Glider then moved on to Bytebot, WoWbot and OpenBot.
    This is the counterpart to Ocktra's Glider thread, We hope to bring u a better picture of what the two bots are capeable of and what they can do. Hoping that it will make your decission when chosing which bot to use, easier.

OpenBot is my favorite bot at the moment, and has been for quite a while. OpenBot requires the Innerspace platform in order to function. It is not as well known as Glider, but it is getting more and more popular, it is under constant development from Fluffster, Apoc, Ritz, Part4ever, Oog, and M^3, and Glave and our own Chazwazza and their developing team, Apoc and chazz are active MMOwned members.

OpenBot:
    OpenBot is my favorite bot at the moment, and has been for quite a while. OpenBot requires the Innerspace platform in order to function. It is not as well known as Glider, but it is getting more and more popular, it is under constant development from the development team.

Price:

In order for OpenBot to function you need Innerspace as I wrote further up. To download, and log on to the Innerspace Network, you need a subscription from Lavishsoft.com called a "GamingTools Pro Subscription". You can use the large range of scripts like AVbot, WoWbot, BGbot, Partybot, Openbot and more on the Innerspace platform. If you refer someone to Innerspace you get a bonus, the size of the bonus depends on how big a subscription the person you refer signs up for:
    • If a friend you refer subscribes for 3 months, you get 30 free days and they get 15 free!
    • If a friend you refer subscribes for 1 year, you get 45 free days and they get 30 free!

The Sucscription fees are as follows:
    • A 90-day Gaming Tools Pro subscription is $10
    • A 365-day subscription is $36

OpenBot has features such as Background mode, Custom routines(custom Classes), Vendoring and more.

Ease of use:
    In my opinoin OpenBot is just as easy to use as Glider, actually if i was to set up one of these bots now, i would find it easier to setup OpenBot, what makes Openbot a bit more difficult is the aspect of Innerspace i think and the fact that you need to read something instead of just pressing GO . But as OpenBot is developing it is getting more and more userfriendly.

OpenBot doesnt need to use the actionbars, if you have the spell and you have set ur toon to use it then the bot will find the spell and use it when told to.

There are two things that can cause you trouble with openbot as i see it: Routines and Mapping.
    However that being said, the only way that Routines, as i see it, will cause you trouble is if you decide to use something else than the default routines. I would like to say tho that everyone should take a look at OpenBots routine section to find a routine that fits your needs completely.
    Mapping on the other hand takes some time to get used to, it is fairly easy when you think of it tho as you can press "Rendered Mapping" so you can see where you have mapped and where you haven't.

Check out the Links and Information section located below for some links to tutorials and Routine section.

Player Detection:
    OpenBot has a few tools that can be enabled to help to prevent Player Detection, meaning players reporting you to Game Masters.
    • Follower Logout timer: You can set a timer to logout after someone has been following you for a certain amount of time.
    • Wave to follower: Waves to the follower if you have been followed for some time.
    • Target follower: It will target the follower and then move on. (not to sure about this one)
    • Attack Other Faction: You can set the bot to attack the other faction, there is an option to set it to attack only if you are attacked first.
    • Change Location on Follower: Pretty much self explanitory
    • Smart Emotes: OB can emote back depending on the emote sent to it. It will try hard not to emote the same thing twice.

However when looking at player detection, the biggest risk, as i see it, is how the bot moves, meaning pathing.

Pathing:

Openbot has an advanced pathing system, it uses LavishNav. When running around in a town or a city it will detect the vendors, questgivers etc.
    Where as Older bots uses waypoints, which in my opinion makes bots look very robotic, openbot uses HotSpots. Hotspot is a point at the map where you want your bot to roam around, you can then set the range to anything from 0 - 200 yards which determines how far the bot will go from the hotspot - once done at one hotspot it will go to the next.
    It uses what's called a Navigational Mesh. This means it will try not to follow the same path twice, and does not have a "predefined" route to take. Making it much more human looking.

Black area => Fightzone
    Red stripe => Dead walk
    Blue stripe => Vendor walk
    Green => Hotspots

thank you tttommeke for the image of your steamwheedle map.

Stuck

OpenBot has a feature called "Micro IPO" (Micro IsPathObstructed) that is constantly scanning the terrain nearby for obstacles such as walls, trees, or buildings. When the Micro IPO sees that it has a chance to get stuck, it will attempt to avoid the obstacle. (Usually by strafing left or right, sometimes by jumping) If you do manage to get stuck after the Micro IPO fails, the unstuck feature kicks in about 2-5 seconds later. This forces you to try and jump out of your current location. If a jump forward does not work, it will attempt to jump side to side, and backwards. If all else fails, it will attempt to runthe path you took in to get out of being stuck. If that happens to fail as well, it will hearth you, and given enough mapping data, run you back to where you were grinding.

The same goes for Openbot that a large part of player detection is up to you. Don't use public map + hotspots, respond to whispers, and don't be stupid aka bot in public places, eventho OpenBot has been know to be able to do this.

Software Detection:
    OpenBot uses the warden protection from Innerspace called ISXWarden. We usually see around 1 - 2 bans in every 3 - 4 months from people using Openbot, these bans are more than likely because of player detection.

Injection:

OpenBot (Innerspace) uses code injection into the WoW client. This enables endless possibilities to what can be done within the game.
    Since OpenBot injects code directly into the client, it can easily scan the area for quest items, certain types of NPCs as well as capture a greater number of things in the surrounding environment.
    The major plus to injection, is you do3n't en1d 8up t2alki3ng li3ke thi0s2. You can type clearly as the bot goes on happily killing things, and doing quests for you. Since Openbot does not take over your keys or mouse, you can talk to people as you normally would, and look around, organize things in your bag, etc, while the bot is running. Definitely cool!
    You can also minimize it without worry of something going haywire on you. - which means you can continue to browse those pr0n sites while ur bot is going.

Interface:
    Seeing as there are so many options in OpenBot and so many things u can set it to do like restock, equip(better items), Mule(send stuff to another char), it has a bit more tabs, it is still very userfriendly though.
    Also it is possible on most - if not all default routines - to change the way that your character kills the mobs while ingame by a userfriendly UI.

Once u have ur mapping area setup then it is basicly a "just press go" Interface. I login to the game and just press Go, My bot will go from the Inn then maybe go and buy some arrows, some food and water if needed and then go on a killing spree wherever i have set my hotspots.

Battleground Capabilities:
    OpenBot does have a battleground capabillity, it is not integrated in this version but will be in the next, however it is out on Apocs site and u can get it there, it is still in beta and updated very frequently so therefore it is not in the OpenBot standard package at this time.

It will kill, heal, cap and defend for you and the best part is that it is free and opensource
    If you cant wait for the next version of OpenBot then u can go here to find out more info about it or go to the post here on mmowned that Apoc himself has published by pressing HERE

Vendoring Capabilities:
    Openbot actively scans nearby NPC's and automatically adds them to storage to remember for later. All you need to do, to be able to use them, is walk near them while OB is loaded. Openbot supports EVERY NPC in the game.
    Vendors, restock merchants, flightmasters, quest NPCs, class trainers, profession trainers, the whole nine yards. Elevators are coming in the next release as well!

Dual-Capabilities:
    As i said earlier you, you can easily minimize openbot while botting, or even start playing another game. It wont mean a thing, it will continue to bot without any problems.
    The "Disable video Render" makes it very efficient for running multiple versions of wow on one computer at the same time. In fact I have seen people run up to 21 instances of openbot on one machine at the same time.
    My own record is 7 tho, i didnt have any more accounts at that time , but i ran seven without a struggle.

Talents:

It is possible and easy to setup Openbot to place your talentpoints automaticly. The same goes for training, if you gain a level then OpenBot will go to the nearest classtrainer and train for you as well.

Combat:
    OpenBot comes with default combatroutines, but there is a "Class config" button in openbot which allows you to modify the routine to your likings. Further than that you can go to OpenBot's routine section and download a routine or you can find the info needed to write one yourself. All this is Opensource as well, like everything else when it comes to OpenBot.

Support:

The Innerspace/OpenBot community is very helpfull(If you have searched for your answers on the forums first). We have two stickies on MMOwned which shows you how to setup OpenBot and Innerspace without any problems it's pretty idiot proof. Other than that there are the OpenBot forums where quick help is usually offered from both members and developers. There is also the IRC channel where there is always someone who might be able to assist you in finding a solution to your problem.

With Innerspace/OpenBot community I have found that if you are able to help then you help. This means that you will usually get help very fast, unless you have not made any effort yourself to sort out your problem.

Biggest benefit of OpenBot:

It's open source! This means if something doesn't quite behave the way you want, you can easily change things around to suit your needs.

Credit goes to everyone who have helped me making this possible specially Apoc and tttommeke.

Links and information:

If you wanna donate to the dev team for their effort then its possible by pressing here
    Donation

Click here to get yourself a Lavishsoft Subscription using me as referrer - This will give you 15 days extra if you buy a 3 months subscription and 30 days if you buy a subscription for a year.
    My E-mail adress is [email protected]
    I can be found on Irc.lavishsoft.com in #openbot channel or #ob-obg channel as well under the nick KuRIoS
    Guide to setting up OpenBot
    Guide to setting up Innerspace
    OpenBot Homepage
    Last edited by KuRIoS; 06-28-2008 at 02:48 PM.

Glider vs. Openbot (25th of January)
    ocktra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glider Versus OpenBot: Glider

Firstly, let me introduce myself. My "name" is Ocktra. I have been Gliding for almost two years now. I have been on the official Glider team since June 06'. Well, I am obviously a die hard Glider with bias towards OpenBot. That is why me and our neighborhood mmowned admin, Kurios, have decided to create a joint Glider versus OpenBot thread. This will allow mmowned users (yes, you!) to have a fair taste of what both bots have to offer.

Glider:

I am sure almost all of you mmowned.com users have heard about Glider before. Formally WOWGlider, and also known as MMOGlider, Glider is the most popular bot in history. Glider has been operating for approximately two and a half years.

Price:
    Glider comes in two forms: Regular and Elite. A Glider product key cost a one time payment of 25 USD. The regular, 25 dollar Glider has all the features necessary for the average player. More experienced Glider's can opt to purchase Glider Elite. Glider Elite cost an additional 5 dollars per month, or less with a longer commitment.

1 Month - 5
    2 Months - 10
    4 Months - 18
    Lifetime - 60

Glider Elite features include cool stuff such as background mode, custom classes, vendoring, and more.

Ease of use:
    Some people argue that Glider is so popular because of how easy it is to use. I partially agree, Glider is very user-friendly. There are no complicated instructions, Glider does most of the work for you.

To install Glider, all you have to do is run an .exe file. To run Glider, just start up World of Warcraft, start up Glider, run to the spot and hit the Glide button.

The hardest part, which isn't that hard, is to configure Glider and set up your action bars. The excellent documentation and Guides on the internet make it very easy to do so. Glider is easy to learn, but hard to master.

Check out the Links and Information section located below for some links to tutorials and what-not.

Player Detection:
    Glider has some great core features to help prevent player detection. We have had only two software detection waves since we started.

Pathing: Glider uses the waypoint system which makes it easy to avoid obstacles and control what you want your character to do.

Stuck: If your character gets stuck, Glider will do everything within its power to get your character out of that sticky situation. By default, Glider will do a bunny hop to try to clear whatever obstacle lays in its path. If that doesn't work, Glider will back up, do a 90 degree spin, run in that direction, and then turn back around to breeze past the obstacle. Another handy feature that Glider has is that it will log off if your character cannot get unstuck, handy to avoid players from seeing you run into a wall for hours!

Followers: Glider has follower-timers. First off, if somebody is following you for an amount of time that you specify, Glider will play a warning beep to warn you. If somebody continues to follow you after the warning beep, after the amount of time that you specify, Glider will hearth your character and log out. Glider also automatically dismisses pop-up windows such as duel request, group invitations etc. Glider also plays a warning sound whenever you get a popup.

All in all, a large part of player detection is up to you. Don't use public profiles, respond to whispers, and don't be stupid.

Software Detection:
    Glider has a spectacular track record when it comes to evading Blizzard's warden.

NetCheck
    : NetCheck is a very handy tool. Basically, if a Glider Developer thinks that there is a chance Glider is detected, we flip a switch which shuts down all instances of Glider on everyone's machine. This can be disabled of course, although this is ill-advised.

Tripwire: Tripwire is just what it sounds like; it is a tripwire! If Tripwire detects a change in the warden that it doesn't like, it immediately closes Glider. This is an amazing security measure. Glider has not had a ban wave ever since TripWire was integrated.

No Injection: Glider is very safe because it doesn't use ANY code injection. Glider uses something called Passive Reading, scanning the game's memory to gather information. Glider plays the game just like you do. Glider presses keys, moves your mouse, and does other various human-like things.

Interface:
    Glider has a very newbie friendly interface. On the top, Glider clearly lays out your statistics such as health, energy, kills etc. In the middle, Glider has five big buttons: Glide, 1-kill, Stop, Open Profile, and Configure.

Battleground Capabilities:
    By default, Glider does not do player versus player by its own (unless you get attacked first! Some fine programmers decided to make an addon to Glider which enables Battlegrounds capability. Now Glider can farm honor for you with no human intervention, cool!

Click here for more information on BGTool.

Downside: it cost an additional one time fee of 10 dollars for BGtool.

Vendoring Capabilities:
    Glider has vendoring capabilities! Whenever Glider sees that you are out of ammo, low on durability, have full bags, or out of food and water, Glider will hearth your character, repair/vendor/buy items, and run back to your original path! You get to pick what you want to vendor. Glider vendoring operates similarly to Loot Filter: pick what item types you want to vendor and fill out a white-list. You must have Glider Elite to take advantage of the vendoring features.

Dual-Capabilities:
    Glider Elite offers background mode and dual-Gliding. What does that mean? Glider can run in the background of your computer. You can do other tasks such as browse the internet or play other games, while your character is leveling! I, Ocktra, have personally had eight characters farming on one computer. I have heard of some people getting up to 12 running at once.

Combat:
    Glider comes automatically loaded with combat routines. For Glider Elite customers, you can download custom classes which allows for different combat routines, anything you can think of!

Support:
    Glider has it's own office where two developers spend at least 8 hours a day (most of the time much longer) programming Glider, providing support, and much more. Glider also employs one full time support staff member who mans the email. Glider has three minions, myself, RabidDog, and Sup. We handle the forums. We also now have two more mini-moderators to help handle forum upkeep. That is a total of eight people who are here, dedicated to help Glider customers.

On top of that, the Glider community is very helpful. If you have forum access you can easily get a lot of help from other Glider customers.

There are tons of Guides and tutorials on the Glider forums and elsewhere. Glider also has a ton of polished documentation to help get you started.

Links and information:
    Glider :: The official homepage
    My email address is ocktra (at) mmoglider (period) com
    My AOL instant messenger screen-name is Ocktra.
    Feel free to contact me with any questions about Glider.
    Here are some video tutorials.

I am open to any and all suggestions. Please leave them in this thread.
    Last edited by ocktra; 01-24-2008 at 08:01 PM.
    Glider FTW.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win thread. +rep for both of you.

goatjuh's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet guide!

snazzyjdawg's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO OPENBOT>GLIDER used both I have stuck with and attached too openbot Kurios post was better as well

~OddBall~'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    4/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok Openbot just owned glider. Nice thread

Elmo23's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great comparison, I greatly enjoy seeing such in depth analysis which is beneficial to everyone on this site.

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by OddZor View Post
    ok Openbot just owned glider. Nice thread
    Go watch your fake WWE.

Ocktra&Kurios
    Very nice comparisons guys. +rep to you.

Saint-Pasdoy's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Openbot for level is a very,very big plus and bg too, but i love glider for farm bcause he always do the samething lol

utarda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got Glider Elite and it hasn't worked since I got it..now I can get Innerspace right now...on my parents Paypal...should I? Its only $10

ocktra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by utarda View Post
    I just got Glider Elite and it hasn't worked since I got it..now I can get Innerspace right now...on my parents Paypal...should I? Its only $10
    If you can't get Glider to work, have fun with OpenBot

Did you ask for help? What are you having trouble with?
    Glider FTW.

Windsaiyen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, I've used both (way back before the glider elite days) and must say that if you couldn't use glider, don't attempt openbot. i tried wowbot and openbot and must say that at the time, they were a bit confusing to say the least.

Finally got things set up, but I can just imagine that openbot still has the slight learning curve higher than glider's that it used to.

Plain put from what I've experience:

If you want something quick, simple, and 1 button control: Glider
    If you want to fine tune your elements and be a bit more involved in the boting process: Openbot

All in all, which one is better is up to the person's own preferances. (even thou i do like the new tripwire and switch feature in glider)
    Last edited by Windsaiyen; 01-25-2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Pretty_Mage27's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent thread guys, I see much work was put into this.
    I will now deeply consider each of the bots pros and cons for the next 2 weeks.
    When I come to a decision I will inform the community.
    Thank you.

tttommeke's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You stola my imagas !!! and also
    Code:
     anything from 0 - 200 yards which determines
    must be
     anything from 0 - 300 yards which determines
    But still great guide :K

tranta's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dnoo about openbot ..but i use glider and its very good bot nice and fast config ..and what i like at him very much that you get new updates very soon i;m a noob in bots market i use it for few months now so ..till i don;t get anything rong at this bot i will remain glider..i don;t say nothing about openbot bcs i don;t know nothing but i think is the same as glider good and eazy to config ..

Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast