0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lance989 View Post
    Glider with Ppather is far superior then any other bot out there. With complete 1-70 task + training and taxi nothing can compare.
    PPather is new. It's only come into existence once people started noticing more and more of the Glider community going with OB instead. (All of PPather's functionality has been in OB for well over a year)

Glider vs. Openbot (25th of January)
    headshotlord's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol i love glider

n3xx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought Glider and Open bot and I use them both (Openbot now mostly) I like Openbot way more it has alot more features though it took me a while to get used to everything and figure out how to map and stuff...... I find though that I'm constantly looking for fixes to bugs not that i mind because its superior and I learn as I troubleshoot. The worst thing about Openbot though is that you have to map everything yourself which i didn't know before i got it, I thought i would be able to set it up and it would just go, But i found I have to map out every new area i go too and watch the bot for a while to make sure its going ok (Even after i do that there will still be some bugs happen now again). I understand that everyone haveing different maps is a security feature because it keeps bliz from programing dectection stuff ...on people who do certain paths. But it sucks because it takes away from the point of botting which is i can set it and forget it. I really don't feel like i can leave it ...I stay near my computer. Also i just got Openbot v2.6 and apearently because is ISXWow bug it doesn't allow you to use the items features which was something i was really looking forward too. All in all im kinda dissapointed ..... I thought it was a bot that could just lvl my char up with little to no imput from me (Once i got it going) but found its just like glider in that i have to check it all the time and set up each glide. But oh well its the best out there I've seen and it cost 15$ less then Glider soo woot.

Apoc's Avatar Angry Penguin
    Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by n3xx View Post
    I have bought Glider and Open bot and I use them both (Openbot now mostly) I like Openbot way more it has alot more features though it took me a while to get used to everything and figure out how to map and stuff...... I find though that I'm constantly looking for fixes to bugs not that i mind because its superior and I learn as I troubleshoot. The worst thing about Openbot though is that you have to map everything yourself which i didn't know before i got it, I thought i would be able to set it up and it would just go, But i found I have to map out every new area i go too and watch the bot for a while to make sure its going ok (Even after i do that there will still be some bugs happen now again). I understand that everyone haveing different maps is a security feature because it keeps bliz from programing dectection stuff ...on people who do certain paths. But it sucks because it takes away from the point of botting which is i can set it and forget it. I really don't feel like i can leave it ...I stay near my computer. Also i just got Openbot v2.6 and apearently because is ISXWow bug it doesn't allow you to use the items features which was something i was really looking forward too. All in all im kinda dissapointed ..... I thought it was a bot that could just lvl my char up with little to no imput from me (Once i got it going) but found its just like glider in that i have to check it all the time and set up each glide. But oh well its the best out there I've seen and it cost 15$ less then Glider soo woot.
    Alot of this is to keep YOU safe. If you want to be running the same path as 5000 other people, feel free. But it's not allowed within the OB community itself.

And as for your item problem, update ISXWoW. That's recently been fixed. (2.4.2-2)

Lance989's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
    PPather is new. It's only come into existence once people started noticing more and more of the Glider community going with OB instead. (All of PPather's functionality has been in OB for well over a year)
    yes PPather is is new, and it is already better and far superior.

Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've yet to see that statement be true. =\

I have nothing against ppather at all. I find it to be sub-par navigation wise, especially when it comes to collisions and pathfinding. (The pathfinding in ppather is just horrible, looks like a really bad attempt at an Manhattan A*)

Lance989's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U should really check it out. i dunno how it does it but i watched it navigate from a GY by a canyon in Nagrand across the map using bridges and all that stuff. also once its been grinding in an area for an hour or 2 and learns the landscape it usally never runs into anything. ive never seen it run into the same thing more then twice(if it runs into anything at all). I personally have never used OB so i really shouldn't be talking down about it. and from what i can see the pathing is flawless. maybe the ppather you have seen is the SVN or an earlier version. the only real annoying thing ive found with ppather is that is can stray to far away from hotspots.
    Last edited by Lance989; 05-16-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/12
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    U should really check it out. i dunno how it does it but i watched it navigate from a GY by a canyon in Nagrand across the map using bridges and all that stuff. also once its been grinding in an area for an hour or 2 and learns the landscape it usally never runs into anything. ive never seen it run into the same thing more then twice(if it runs into anything at all). I personally have never used OB so i really shouldn't be talking down about it. and from what i can see the pathing is flawless. maybe the ppather you have seen is the SVN or an earlier version. the only real annoying thing ive found with ppather is that is can stray to far away from hotspots.
    I have checked it out. And just looking at some of the code in it, (and the very little use of optimized code) it's really sub-par of what it should be.

I applaud them on what they've done, however, it could use for a good "push" into proper code. (Alot of redundant code, unused code, pointless checks, and statements that just waste CPU time, and return false results.)

Deathsenemy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not.

Ive been a glider for 2 1/2+ years, and I can tell you even with PPather, its nothing compared to OB. Yes, Glider is much easier thats why its sold so good. Its still a great product and gets the job done. But as far as actually looking human and doing more in game, OB is the way to go. By far.

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Deathsenemy View Post
    Not.

Ive been a glider for 2 1/2+ years, and I can tell you even with PPather, its nothing compared to OB. Yes, Glider is much easier thats why its sold so good. Its still a great product and gets the job done. But as far as actually looking human and doing more in game, OB is the way to go. By far.
    yes, i agree alot, i was a firm glider user, but i needed to test the other side out, since i was bashing openbot back then, or it was bytebot or sumfin.
    I tried it and it was much better than glider, every now and then i check up on glider, they have done progress and a great progress. But they are still ****ing miles away.

Shinoby's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mmh maybe i will test Openbot out, this "vs" thread really brings hope to me up about Openbot, and a Year subscription isnt expensive

jordy5000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guys nice battle

jordy5000's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    srry for dubble post but i forget to give my oppinion
    i have glider and it is better than openbot i am sure about that

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by jordy5000 View Post
    srry for dubble post but i forget to give my oppinion
    i have glider and it is better than openbot i am sure about that
    haha lol, have you tried openbot? i guess not... then how can u say that u think glider is better???
    I have infact tried both, and was a firm believer that glider was better than the far less advanced wowbot.. i tried wowbot and bytebot so i could compare it with glider and i didnt go back to glider..

KuRIoS's Avatar Admin
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    351/296
    Trade Feedback
    9 (100%)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    haha im guessing you havent :P since u havent replied

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast