0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some tips for gliding.

I know many people think that its hard to get banned while gliding, and on the flipside many believe the opposite. I'm here to give a few tips that will keep you from getting banned and will make your gliding as lucrative as possible.

1)Recently, more and more people's computer monitors can serve as television screens (like mine). Thus they have something called PIP (picture in picture) this is a great excuse to not talk to people if you have it, but if you don't lieing always works. Set yourself to DND and say you have PIP open, and explain what PIP is in parenthasis. This is very useful.

2) This next tip goes hand in hand with the last step. You have to stay consistant with this if you want it to work though. Come up with a name of a "friend" and in your DND say that they are playing, and that they have PIP open. I have found people find this more believable if every once and a while you take a break from gliding and make some small talk. Come up with something that you are watching. This works quite well for me and my friends.

3) I suggest logging out once maybe every two to three hours or so, taking a five minute break in between if this is possible. If not, there doesn't seem to be anything too shady with playing for 8 hours straight, many people do it.

4) Try not to glide with a mage. As tempting as you think it may be, mage gliding is the only time I have ever gotten caught, and I have gotten caught with it somewhere near four times. The mage part of glider is supid and doesn't know how to use a mage properly. I suggest Hunter, Warrior, Shaman, Rogue, and Paladin. I haven't yet tested Warlock, sorry.

5) (for low level hunters only) PLEASE name your pet! I have seen way too many gliding hunters who forget to name their pet. This is crucial. Any time I see someone with waypoint paterns and an unnamed pet, I have half the mind to report them myself, for them being incompetant.

6) If money is an issue for you, make sure you invest in large bags. Especially if you are a hunter, because you have your quiver taking up so much space. Make sure you have big bags, because you can often pick up greens, and lately more blues. I have gotten two epics in the passed week and a half.

7) Try to get as many profiles as possible, this will prove to be a great ally to you when gliding. Often times, the biggest problem with gliding is that it doesn't always resurect, so you may want to find a better place with less ganking or more spread out mobs.

Watch your glider for a few minutes each time. This could help you out so you don't have to come back an hour later and find yourself dead and logged out because you were AFK. Sometimes it seems like glider needs a little bit of help to warm up.

9) If you think that Glider is spamming a spell that could be spammed less, and isn't using a spell that would prove more usefull, switch them up. I have found that if you DO use a mage (and are frost) sometimes putting frostbolt where fireball is, and having two frostbolts keeps you from getting attacked a bit more.

10) Gliding almost requires you to have certain speccing. If you don't know which spec for which class, I am here to help with that. (These are just my suggestions)
    -Hunter-Beastmaster
    -Mage-Frost
    -Warrior-Fury
    -Rogue-2h Combat
    -Shaman-enhancement
    -Druid-Feral Combat
    -Warlock-Destruction (some people say that they really like destruction)
    -Priest-Shadow
    -Paladin-Retribution

I have more to learn with glider, but for now I hope this helps. If you have anything I should update, please add.
    Last edited by xdaemonx2; 01-18-2008 at 01:07 PM.

Some tips for gliding.
    Submit's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem i truly have with this post is the DND thing. I am also a botter and believe that having DND near your name is inviting a GM to you toon. Normal people don't usually grind with DND near their name XD +Rep though, thanks for contributing.

foxlin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, PIP, thats smart, but dnd, idk. i'd plus rep u, but i can't

joedude11's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by foxlin View Post
    lol, PIP, thats smart, but dnd, idk. i'd plus rep u, but i can't
    You have 1 rep power champ
    Also good guide if i were to glide

TehGoggles's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh only thing I say is warrior go arms till 36ish, then switch to 2h fury till 60, then get some hit gear and go DW fury. With Warlocks go Affliction till 50, then respec for Fel Gaurd, your xp per hour will go up, a lot. Mage, I say it all depends on how you wanna lvl, fire burns down things faster(But so does their mana) but frost rarely gets hit.

Also, yes, the default mage class does suck(A lot of em do), that's why you get elite subscription and use a custom class.
    Last edited by TehGoggles; 01-13-2008 at 10:33 AM.
    It's true, I pwn faces irl

finalz05's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its good but im not into gliding anymore.

xdaemonx2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, ill probably add the warrior note, or just leave it as your post.

sant0918's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this prob isn't the thread to be asking this... but i cant start threads since i dont have 5 rep yet. Is there a free glider registration key floating around anywhere that I can use? I refuse to pay for a 3rd party app that's not even suppose to be used legally...

tsincaat's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, there aren't free keys floating around. Also, glider is entirely legal. The only people who don't want you using it are Blizzard, And they aren't the law.

Fragmad's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice stuff mon!

mpollywolly's Avatar Active Member

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I find that Warlocks are quite good at gliding, and the best spec for them gliding is demo. (I have 2 70 warlocks glided from 1-70)

popoxb's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice . +Rep

xdaemonx2's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I havent had time to update recently. Updates will be made at some point durring the weekend. Thanks for the replies and suport!
    You are now manually breathing. Shit, the Cake is a lie...I lost the game.

mmmurloc's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweet. ill take that in thought while gliding

PuffDank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Warlocks are probably the most efficient gliding class and def don't spec destro for gliding. Always go demonology.......destro will leave you dead 9 times out of 10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast