0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple WoW Fishbot

Hi all.

First post here.

I've poked around before looking for bots but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. So I decided to make it.

I am a MS developer by trade and everything I found used some weird DLL references or messed with WoW directly. So, I hacked together a few pieces from other bots I found and threw in a dash of my own skill to come up with a working fishbot. I'm not looking for anything for it, I don't need donations or anything. I am just throwing it out there for the world to consume since I barely play WoW anymore and it has served me well for 3 or so years now (with no updates required besides any new features I wanted to add). It took me long enough to get it all figured out, and I would rather not see that go to waste. So for your perusal: https://github.com/trenus/Bots.WoW.Fishing.

Mods, please feel free to move or delete this thread if it's in the wrong place or whatever. I'm still finding my way around the site.

Simple WoW Fishbot
  2. Thanks Smitten (1 members gave Thanks to Trenus for this useful post)
    brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I tried it on 3.3.5 but it didn't work. It uses the fishing ability once, but it doesn't catch any fish. Is it for the current WoW version only?

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This reminds me of the first fishing bot I wrote in Java, though a tad smarter with the changing cursor code. Still you should look into writing a version that reads memory directly, you'll get much better accuracy.

Trenus's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by brotalnia View Post
    I tried it on 3.3.5 but it didn't work. It uses the fishing ability once, but it doesn't catch any fish. Is it for the current WoW version only?
    Not sure why it wouldn't work with that version if you followed the instructions on the readme page. I started using it around that time.

The long and short of the instructions are:

1. Make sure you have .Net Framework 4.5 installed or change the target version for the project from inside Visual Studio (I don't have any reliance on the framework specific stuff that I can think of in it).
    2. Compile with VS (or just run in debug mode from there, whatever floats your boat).
    3. Use WoW in windowed mode (I use "fullscreen - windowed" in the graphics dropdown -- this is likely your problem).
    - Failure to be in windowed mode breaks the whole deal. You can't (easily) send keystrokes from one application to another using the native Windows APIs when the receiver has an exclusive lock on your screen (true Full Screen mode). At least I never found one that didn't require me to some backhanded stuff with window owners and such.
    4. For best accuracy make sure you have the cursors either copied from the images folder to the same one as the exe or use the Save Cursors menu option to highlight your bobber, so that it knows specifically what target cursor to watch for.
    5. Make sure your fishing skill is in keybind #1.
    6. Make sure auto loot is turned on if you care about retrieving the spoils (or don't bother if you just want the skill points).
    7. Drag the bot window out of the way and then click Start
    - I have it set to be on top b/c I like to alt+tab to it and hit escape to stop it when I come back to the computer, you can set the form to normal display mode in VS if you don't like that functionality.

I realize my documentation is pretty lacking. I always hated that part of development. There are all kinds of little shortcuts I did to make it work in different ways. I really never expected to publish it to be honest.

The basic rundown of how it works is like so:

1. It clicks the #1 key from your keyboard (casting your fishing skill if it is bound there).
    2. Then it scans across the screen looking for your bobber (if you have it from the images folder or from the Save Cursors menu - otherwise whatever the first cursor change is is what it takes as being the bobber/target cursor).
    3. Once the bobber is found, it measures the width in both horizontal directions and then moves to the horizontal center and finds the bottom of the bobber.
    4. Then it sits just below the bobber waiting for 20 seconds or for the cursor to change back into the same one that you get when you mouse over the bobber (when the bobber splashes it goes down and then up, thereby triggering a cursor change if your mouse is close enough).
    5. Once the cursor changes to the target one it right clicks that spot and waits 3 seconds for the auto loot to work.
    6. After the auto loot or the 20 second fishing timer expires it recasts you fishing skill from step #1.
    7. There is an optional Lure Refresh menu item that will automatically cast whatever is on keybind #2 every 10 minutes.

Trenus's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    This reminds me of the first fishing bot I wrote in Java, though a tad smarter with the changing cursor code. Still you should look into writing a version that reads memory directly, you'll get much better accuracy.
    I thought about that in the beginning, but Blizzard's response to botters scared me straight for a while and I actually originally tested this with Eve Online with a "Warp to 0" bot. I figured if I got into the memory I would either get caught or have to refigure it out going from Eve to WoW. Seeing as I was using this on my main account from back in Vanilla, I decided to go the least intrusive way I could. I also didn't want to have to rework it if Blizzard played with the memory stuff to break bots. I am a big fan of the KISS method when it comes to code.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Trenus View Post
    I thought about that in the beginning, but Blizzard's response to botters scared me straight for a while.
    What do you think they'll do to you?

I figured if I got into the memory I would either get caught or have to refigure it out going from Eve to WoW. Seeing as I was using this on my main account from back in Vanilla, I decided to go the least intrusive way I could. I also didn't want to have to rework it if Blizzard played with the memory stuff to break bots. I am a big fan of the KISS method when it comes to code.
    Yeah you'll have to reconfigure it for sure, and update it every patch, but you'll learn a lot in the process and have a more accurate product. The problem is not so much software detection, but player reports, 24/7 bot detection and market flooding. Any of those three things will get your ass banned (for example, I got a 72 hour ban for something stupid a while back using a private bot). I also like KISS but it doesn't apply when the software works only 50% of the time right (I don't know how well your bot works, I only know how shitty mine was using a similar technique). Either way good luck.

Trenus's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    What do you think they'll do to you?

Yeah you'll have to reconfigure it for sure, and update it every patch, but you'll learn a lot in the process and have a more accurate product. The problem is not so much software detection, but player reports, 24/7 bot detection and market flooding. Any of those three things will get your ass banned (for example, I got a 72 hour ban for something stupid a while back using a private bot). I also like KISS but it doesn't apply when the software works only 50% of the time right (I don't know how well your bot works, I only know how shitty mine was using a similar technique). Either way good luck.
    Hehe 3 years ago? I figured I would get a perma-ban. Now? Probably nothing much, and I wouldn't care about it nearly as much either.

I probably get about 95% accuracy with this one. It usually only misses the ones that bite right after the cast. I was particular about the catch rate actually. I figured it would be worthless if it got much below 75% since there were other bots out there that did at least that much (ultimate fishbot for example, who actually inspired this one).

You make a good point about learning a lot in the process with memory manipulation. I may have to look at that for a future one. I have moved into managing multiple development teams now instead of just being a humble developer with some cycles to burn in the evening. So I could definitely use something to help keep my code skills sharp during some of my weekend warrior projects.

Best of luck to you too. Looks like you have a solid product on your hands. Pretty impressive actually. Kind of scary the level of commitment you must have to have to keep it all working and bug free after each patch and with all the crazy different configurations people can have though. That's what probably kept me from handing this out long ago. Kudos man, nice to have someone step up and do it.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck to you too. Looks like you have a solid product on your hands. Pretty impressive actually. Kind of scary the level of commitment you must have to have to keep it all working and bug free after each patch and with all the crazy different configurations people can have though. That's what probably kept me from handing this out long ago. Kudos man, nice to have someone step up and do it.
    Thanks, It's becoming a real struggle to stay committed, but I still want to do something with it. Put in way too much effort into this to stop now.

brotalnia's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    26/301
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For anyone interested, i figured out how to make it work on older versions of the game. You have to change this line:
    _GameWindow = new Window(FindWindow("GxWindowClass", "World Of Warcraft"));
    Into this:
    _GameWindow = new Window(FindWindow(null, "World of Warcraft"));

Ymovement's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried on wow 1.12.1 but no fish is being looted.. I have no autoloot option in this version of wow