Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And They Lived Happily Ever After
    The End.

tMorph — 64-bit Morpher (updated for Legion)
    wanderley's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Allureana View Post
    Why am I staying in WoW wiith so many things that now stress me? Because there are still so many things in the game that I love and don't want to leave. I just can't abandon my many alts.
    And besides, even compared to WoW as it is now or as it ever was, all the other games just plain suck, and I'm pretty sure that will always be true.

Yeah thats how I feel too, Ive never played any other video game for more than a few days other than wow. I can completely relate to everything the past few posts have said - may seem like little details to some, but to us theyre a big deal!

But lets not get down, it always takes more time for an update to happen. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by wanderley; 09-03-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Slowsiph's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So readying through the "End of Free Lunch" thread, is this potentially the end of the program's lifespan as we know it? I'm not exactly sure what all that information means in terms of the future of Tmorph. Some of you guys are talking about it like Tmorph is dead before it's even hit the ground. I'm not a modder myself, and I only slightly understand the terminology of this community, but has Blizzard's detection methods changed to the point where Journey cant get around them? Or do we even know for sure yet?
    Last edited by Slowsiph; 09-04-2017 at 04:19 AM.

Allureana's Avatar Active Member
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a retired programmer from a 32 year career, I figure this will only be a temporary setback. Anything one programmer codes, another can eventually figure out and work around. It will, as things look now, take a good bit longer than the usual "patch as always" made for previous updates, but I'm pretty sure there are programmers out there (way better than me) who will eventually puzzle out a way around this new executable. Take heart, don't expect any soon-to-happen update, but eventually, I'm sure Tmorph will return in some new and working form. Too many people want it, and I'm sure several are already picking at the new code. There is always a more clever programmer somewhere.
    Meanwhile, I want to thank the many modders and programmers who've given us so many years of fun with these things while they worked. I hold firm hopes that someday soon, their work will once again become displayable in the game for users who wish to do so.
    Last edited by Allureana; 09-04-2017 at 12:20 PM.

5. Thanks lululalaland (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    Burger87's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know tmorph code for green version of Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps? It looks nice but i can't find code for it.

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a retired programmer from a 32 year career...there are programmers out there (way better than me)...
    I once worked with such a programmer. Sadly, he passed away in 2005 We both worked at Bell Atlantic from the 1970's up to 2000, and he maintained custom code for the company, that had hooks to tie it into IBM's Job Entry Subsystem (JES2). The disassembler listing for JES2 lived on his desk in two stacks, each consisting of a full carton of continuous feed printer paper in the 14"x17" size pages. He pretty much had the whole thing memorized. He personally and alone wrote custom drivers for Bell Atlantic to run their huge Xerox 9700 laser printers. After he retired, IBM changed the JES2 code and Bell Atlantic had to hire him back as a consultant to re-write the drivers which had all been coded only in Assembler. They had to pay him about $4500/month for the month and a half it took him to do it.
    Way back in the early 1980's, I had a TRS-80 Model 1 running Visicalc. I had added the BigMem mod kit from Microhatch that had me remove the eight 16k-bit chips off the motherboard and add sockets to replace them with eight 64k chips. There was also a lot of trace cutting, soldering, and adding 21 wires to connect in the small controller circuit board that MicroHatch had supplied. It took me 3 days to complete, but the system booted up with no smoke (LOL). Everything ran fine and the extra ram gave the TRS-80 the extra 48kb (now there was 64kb in the keyboard/motherboard housing (which are one and the same on a TRS-80 model 1), With the expansion interface's 32kb, I now had a 96kb TRS-80 Model 1.
    Visicalc used to report 23kb free memory and I was expecting it to come back with 55kb free now. But it didn't. Joe took a half hour to disassemble Visicalc, find spots where their programmer had hard coded the maximum (normal) TRS-80 ram size, and patch them and reassemble it. So now the custom modded version of Visicalc he made me was able to correctly report and use the 55kb free memory it had available.

Another time, I had him help me with the X-10 remote control PC interface software. The company at that time, only supplied a "BASIC" (text-based only) program to interface from the PC to the X-10 tyhrough it's CM-19A RS232 serial interface. I wanted a Windows GUI type program to do it, so I asked him. 3 days later he called me over to see the result - which was awesome. I asked how he'd done it.
    Thursday night, he coded up from scratch, a "breakout" program to monitor two serial ports on an IBM PC and use it as a customizable break-out box to show him all the data going either way through the serial interface between the main PC and the CM-19A X-10 serial interface. On Friday, he installed Visual Basic 3.0 (for the very first time) and learned how to use it. He described it as "ok, but kinda awkward because they make you go to separate menus for nearly everything.". Saturday morning, using Visual Basic, interpreting the data bytes being passed to and from the original DOS BASIC X-10 control program, he reverse engineered and then coded up a Windows GUI type program that di the same and more that the original X10 program, effectively making it easy to utilize all house and unit codes for the X10 devices, and set clocks, timers, brightness levels, and other stuff. They was also an option (that he'd added for himself) to turn on a status line display in the Windows program that would show the hex bytes of all the communications coming and going between the PC and the X10 controller.

At his house, he had over 250 computers of all sorts EXCEPT for Apple. He had HP, Radio Shack, Amiga, and many others. He had the original TRS-80 vox-box voice command controller and also the Radio Shack speech synthesizer and I believe he likely knew the ROM codes (disassembled) of every model of PC that he had. I once bought an IBM PC "clone" and took it to visit him and he saw it had three empty sockets on the clones motherboard. He went back and cloned the three eproms out of his own genuine IBM PC and plugged em in my PC and it then booted up IBM BASIC for me.

He had also hooked up a microphone and speakers to the CASSETTE IO ports (5-pin DIN sockets) that used to be on the original IBM PC's and coded up an Assembler program to measure and record incoming signals from the mic and store them in what was probably the earliest of WAV files to play back later through the speakers, either connected to the tape port, or with lesser fidelity, through the front PC speaker (which was usually only used for BEEP codes back then.

In 2004, I once needed a way to capture and handle left & right mouse clicks and treat them as "Page UP/Page Down" or "left arrow, right arrow" or some other keys selected by the user. He wrote an assembler program to do the intercept on the mouse data and handle it with a default or something selected by the user. The handicapped boy I worked with at the time, had cerebral palsy and I wired a mouse with two mono earphone sockets to the left & right buttons and plugged in the giant buttons from his CheapTalk 4 accessibility device. I scanned a children's book into a PDF file and set it all up and now the kid could flip pages in the book on the PC by himself and was thrilled at the added independence. My friend and programming savant passed away the next year, but his program still works, even in Windows 10 and lives on as a memorial to him. I've modified and mailed a few other mice to others who've asked me about it. Joe's mother said I could freely give away his ("MouseTrap") program to anyone who needed it. As I doubt Microsoft will ever want to change how a mouse interfaces with Windows, and considering my friend preferred to write things using Assembler to get down to the lowest levels of control, I feel confident his program will continue working for a long, long time. He had even added a feature so that once it's loaded, the ScrollLock key can be used to disable/enable it without having to reboot the PC.

Somewhere out there, must be several other programmers like him, or we wouldn't have Linux and it wouldn't have DVD players and things like VideoLan's VLC wouldn't be able to do what it does.

Someday once again, there will be ways to change appearances in WoW on a user's PC that Blizzard will not see.
    Last edited by Allureana; 09-04-2017 at 01:08 PM.

8. Thanks lululalaland (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    emmy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Someday once again, there will be ways to change appearances in WoW on a user's PC that Blizzard will not see.
    Can we hold off on the doomsaying before Journey has actually had the proper time to look at this?
    woop woop phoakin diddy daunauts!

CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    21/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by emmy View Post
    Can we hold off on the doomsaying before Journey has actually had the proper time to look at this?
    C'mon folks! Quit saying that I'm doom saying. You have it backwards. I'm saying it WILL be coming back.
    You want to hear the facts of the situation, read it from JH16 directly: Darknest Fantasy posted in "[7.3+ Modding Discussion] Current situation + Updates + Q&A"
    or more easily found in the repost and sourced link at https://www.azerothica.com/

It's JH16 who says:
    "Due to the way Blizzard is going to start packing their exes, it renders disassembler programs useless to do anything with it. I would have to extract a specific file within the exe, do the edit then reinsert the file back into the exe. However at this time there isn't any software out on the market able to do this (basically Blizzard is keeping their packing software in-house).

So until either Blizzard stops packing their exes in this manner or someone comes up with software that is able to properly extract and repack the newer exes. I won't be able to do any edits, thus no custom data. I will though keep my eyes on OwnedCore for anything that could be useful, as should the community."

Notice even JH16 tempers his comments with "at this time".

I am and have been saying, that another workaround WILL BE FOUND. But, hey, you have to admit the person who MADE tmorph is clearly saying that FOR NOW, it is broken.
    Expecting Tmorph to be "updated" as usual while there is currently no way to create the "fixed" wow64.exe's that Tmorph clearly depended on, seems unrealistic at this time. No matter what Tmorph does, not having any PRESENTLY KNOWN way to make "fixed" wow64.exe's is going to put a delay on things. Possibly a long delay. But we're NOT saying that the new security won't get riddled out and worked around.
    So quit saying I'm a doomsayer please. Just hold your posts and wait until JH16 or Journey or someone else comes up with a new method of "fixing" wow exe files and tweaks Tmorph to poke codes in for us.

NOT SAYING DOOM HERE.

I am continuing to watch this thread in the HIGH hopes we'll see a post that things are working again. Meanwhile, I'm playing WoW as it is.

11. Thanks lululalaland (1 members gave Thanks to Allureana for this useful post)
    Razzko's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    15/5
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure the problem isn't with morphing itself. The problem is getting away with it.

Blizzard made a move, and more moves are likely to follow. Obfuscation makes it a lot harder/longer to understand what exactly they change from patch to patch, and you'll be risking walking into tripwires/traps until you reverse all of it.

Journey specifically says "I don't want to get anyone banned." And the whole conversation in the 'dinner is over' thread can be summed up to "the question is how far will they go."

If they keep changing the obfuscation, adding tripwires or even more security measures, then tmorph automatically goes from 'grey zone' into 'high risk zone' for your accounts status.
    Last edited by Razzko; 09-05-2017 at 01:05 AM.

maclone's Avatar / Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    0/1029
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    7.3 brings a lot of changes with regard to 3rd party programs (see The Free Lunch Is Over - Obfuscation is Coming), so don't expect an update until I've had time to sort through it. I don't want to risk anyone getting banned.
    Read this message.

As this thread is derailing, I will close it until there is an update.
    Feel free to discuss the newly implemented anti-cheating in a thread dedicated to it.
    (However not in the linked thread, unless you can help figuring out the memory editing implications of the changes.)

14. Thanks TwoJoints, Rhythmic, Fraks, Allureana (4 members gave Thanks to maclone for this useful post)