148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by flash70 View Post
    Can it also track trees for lumber? They can be tracked on the mini map as dots like herbs and mining nodes.
    Yes, they are objects. Search Timber in the dynamic filters section on the main window to filter them out.

Yeti Sonar - Advanced Proximity Radar System
    blearish's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like this, it got me thinking how useful it could be for doing archaeology too, so a bit of a feature request (i have no clue how complicated this would be to do though sorry):

1) when inside a digsite, scan gathermate2 addon and place overlay for all potential nodes (at this point, these would be objects that are not actually in the game).
    2) after performing a survey, calculate all the nodes which are outside the survey area and remove them.
    3) after a couple of surveys you should end up with only 1-2 possible nodes left.

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by blearish View Post
    I really like this, it got me thinking how useful it could be for doing archaeology too, so a bit of a feature request (i have no clue how complicated this would be to do though sorry):

1) when inside a digsite, scan gathermate2 addon and place overlay for all potential nodes (at this point, these would be objects that are not actually in the game).
    2) after performing a survey, calculate all the nodes which are outside the survey area and remove them.
    3) after a couple of surveys you should end up with only 1-2 possible nodes left.
    Yep I already have an application that does this and more in production. The problem I've been having though is rendering performance. I'd like to render complex geometry but unfortunately that means I'd have to switch over to OpenGL. And let me tell you, that stuff gets really nasty when you try and combine OpenGL with transparent windows. I also ran into big problems where it doesn't look good, like really awful so there's a lot of user experience problems I have to work out as well. Either way I hope to get back to it when I'm not super busy and hopefully I can get something out soon™.

bumr's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for your work .
    Used sonar to found Highmaul Reliquary chests in Nagrand and did exa reputation with Steamwheedle in 5 hours. also using it to find Mine Cart in garrison mine , cause i always forget one

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bumr View Post
    Used sonar to found Highmaul Reliquary chests in Nagrand and did exa reputation with Steamwheedle in 5 hours.
    oh shit, thanks for the pro tip, I'll have to make sure to do that as well!

Ceen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any ETA for the PvP Sonar System and what will it display?
    I would like to see who is targeting me and the radius of traps etc.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
    Do you have any ETA for the PvP Sonar System and what will it display?
    I would like to see who is targeting me and the radius of traps etc.
    Okay so the whose targeting me is planned for next patch and will work similar to how the special keywords work now but a pure PvP Radar with radius for traps and stuff, I think that's a bit out of the scope of what I'm trying to do. But in the future I'm hoping to release some sort of SDK system to allow you to write your own stuff. The next patch will be released when I actually have time to work on it, I'm thinking if I can sit down mid-December I can get it out early January or something but I can't promise anything, just that I'm still interested in maintaining the project but I need to find the time to do it.

Atross's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Useful tool, I never play now without this radar.
    Do you have anoter icon above the grid ? Like the "Loot" in the NPC section.
    +rep

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Atross View Post
    Do you have anoter icon above the grid ? Like the "Loot" in the NPC section.
    You mean special keywords? See here.

Ceen's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    Okay so the whose targeting me is planned for next patch and will work similar to how the special keywords work now but a pure PvP Radar with radius for traps and stuff, I think that's a bit out of the scope of what I'm trying to do. But in the future I'm hoping to release some sort of SDK system to allow you to write your own stuff. The next patch will be released when I actually have time to work on it, I'm thinking if I can sit down mid-December I can get it out early January or something but I can't promise anything, just that I'm still interested in maintaining the project but I need to find the time to do it.
    Thx for the fast answer and all you have done so far =)
    If you look into displaying who is targeting, can you make it visible with a LoS line from my enemy to me? That would be awesome =)

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Ceen View Post
    If you look into displaying who is targeting, can you make it visible with a LoS line from my enemy to me? That would be awesome =)
    Yes I'll see if I can do something like that.

JarHead95's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this bannable, or is it something like a morpher where you MOST likely wont be banned but do so at your own risk?

EDIT: Totally didn't read the entire OP my apologies, i just wanted to be sure :|
    Last edited by JarHead95; 11-27-2014 at 01:16 AM. Reason: I herped

Justink15's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great program, I have a queston though. Sometimes I can see things like Timber/treasure from across the map. And other times I can only see pretty much what the in game finder can see with a small radius such as when mining. Is there a reason why sometimes the program works godlike and sometimes its just a substitute for what the game already does? Thanks.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Justink15 View Post
    Sometimes I can see things like Timber/treasure from across the map. And other times I can only see pretty much what the in game finder can see with a small radius such as when mining. Is there a reason why sometimes the program works godlike and sometimes its just a substitute for what the game already does? Thanks.
    Sonar reads whatever's in memory. Some entities like timber have a really large targeting radius while others only appear when you are close to them, as indicated by the outer circle in the 2D radar. Targeting radius is also increased in dungeons and raids. Now the minimap does have some special way of showing entities before they appear but I don't know how that works. Radius is also reduced when there's a lot of lag.

Khios's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job on this one man, loving it

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast