Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stops fishing after ~8 cycles, please fix.

Yeti Wild Catch - Advanced stationary fishing bot
    Gankfest's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    8/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought the problem was fixed with the latest patch but the bot still stops casting fishing after a few cycles. It shuts down entirely.

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Gankfest View Post
    Thought the problem was fixed with the latest patch but the bot still stops casting fishing after a few cycles. It shuts down entirely.
    It's really strange, I've been speaking with some people that didn't have any problems but some seem to have a lot. Currently, for me, I installed Easyloot and I haven't had any looting issues since. I'll continue investigating though.

4. Thanks Gankfest (1 members gave Thanks to Torpedoes for this useful post)
    iblackihiawk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    It's really strange, I've been speaking with some people that didn't have any problems but some seem to have a lot. Currently, for me, I installed Easyloot and I haven't had any looting issues since. I'll continue investigating though.
    It has to do with macros for sure. I tried the bot with only the regular fish button and a fish macro and it never went off but if you use a bag cleanup/filter macro then eventually it will freeze up. I eventually started filling bags with stacks of 1 of the fishes I want. I would definitely just get easyloot as it should do the same.

Kir13y's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey

Your bot is rly awesome! Ive used it much in retail but now i am playing vanilla. Is there any Chance to get this working for vanilla?

Thank you

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Kir13y View Post
    Is there any Chance to get this working for vanilla?
    Unfortunately, the current version of Wild-Catch is only able to support a single version of the game at one time. But even if it was able to support multiple versions, it would take far too much effort to support older versions of game clients, especially vanilla which did a lot of things differently. That being said, you might be able to (Writing Bots with Robot-js)write one yourself or use many of the other fishing bots available.

BadPapacharming's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is there any benefit to running in background mode? i saw where you @Torpedo say is the only way you use Wildcatch.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by BadPapacharming View Post
    is there any benefit to running in background mode? i saw where you @Torpedo say is the only way you use Wildcatch.
    One advantage is that it allows you to use your computer while you're fishing. Another advantage is that people on fat mounts hovering over your bobber won't stop you from catching the fish. And it's also generally faster to catch the fish then when not using background mode. That being said, use it at your own risk and it's optional (at least it's designed to be optional, not sure if there is some bug I'm not aware of).

10. Thanks BadPapacharming (1 members gave Thanks to Torpedoes for this useful post)
    Malovent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One advantage is that it allows you to use your computer while you're fishing. Another advantage is that people on fat mounts hovering over your bobber won't stop you from catching the fish. And it's also generally faster to catch the fish then when not using background mode. That being said, use it at your own risk and it's optional (at least it's designed to be optional, not sure if there is some bug I'm not aware of).

Hi torp, I know all bots are a risk, coming from a 6 month ban from HB, gg HB, has anyone, as far as you know, been banned using any Yeti product?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Malovent View Post
    Hi torp, I know all bots are a risk, coming from a 6 month ban from HB, gg HB, has anyone, as far as you know, been banned using any Yeti product?
    Hey there, from my experience I haven't seen any automatic bans of Yeti products yet. I have, however, seen people banned for fishing 24/7 and getting reported by players but those reports were dubious at best. Regardless, I use the same products everyone else uses (and then some) and haven't seen any bans yet. Please use this at your own risk though.

Malovent's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey there, from my experience I haven't seen any automatic bans of Yeti products yet. I have, however, seen people banned for fishing 24/7 and getting reported by players but those reports were dubious at best. Regardless, I use the same products everyone else uses (and then some) and haven't seen any bans yet. Please use this at your own risk though.
    Ok so in the sense of Blizz cant actually detect the bot but reports, as we know, will get you noticed?

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Malovent View Post
    Ok so in the sense of Blizz cant actually detect the bot but reports, as we know, will get you noticed?
    I'm sure Blizzard can detect it but they just don't care.

Roast's Avatar Established Member
    Thanks G/R
    7/83
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always relatively worried about trying things like this, as there seems to be a trend of me using things that haven't caused bans in ages and suddenly getting banned. I've had a look through the thread and it seems like if I want to stay safer it's best not to use background mode, is there anything else it would be best to stay clear of to lower my ban chance from using this?

Slightly off topic: I've got the admire the dedication you've put in to this program with the 3+ year long history. It's crazy that you're still supporting your releases with new features, fixes and updates releasing things for free. I didn't realise when I started writing this but the thanks I gave you has bumped you over to elder, congratulations!
    Developer of RoastBot https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/fps/overwatch-exploits-hacks/619893-roastbot-continuation-of-serenity.html

16. Thanks Torpedoes (1 members gave Thanks to Roast for this useful post)
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Roast View Post
    I'm always relatively worried about trying things like this, as there seems to be a trend of me using things that haven't caused bans in ages and suddenly getting banned. I've had a look through the thread and it seems like if I want to stay safer it's best not to use background mode, is there anything else it would be best to stay clear of to lower my ban chance from using this?
    On my own accounts I run this with admin privileges (with background mode, but that's just me). I also changed the hash of the executable (should be as simple as adding junk to the end of the exe file). Also, and this is new with version 0.5, you can run wow or the bot as another user and probably get some additional safety that way. That being said, although I feel relevantly safe with my tools, we've seen reports of Blizzard banning other free programs in other games (like TurboHUD in D3). So nothing is ever fully safe? I don't think my bots do enough to get Blizzard to care enough to ban people. But that's just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Roast View Post
    Slightly off topic: I've got the admire the dedication you've put in to this program with the 3+ year long history. It's crazy that you're still supporting your releases with new features, fixes and updates releasing things for free. I didn't realise when I started writing this but the thanks I gave you has bumped you over to elder, congratulations!
    oh wow, I didn't even realize that 1000+ meant elder status, that's amazing, thank you!! Although I do my best to support the current releases, I'm a bit saddened that I've had such little time to work on it, there are so many features I want to add and other products I want to create but it's hard when you have to do everything yourself. But I still think the research I'm putting in today will hopefully benefit the community as a whole in the future.

Noobalator's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was working fine at first, then it started Fishing without looting, now it wont even start Fishing.

Tried reloading both clients, and running in Admin.