148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Firegone View Post
    At the moment I am trying to get these big fishs for Nats Daily. He sometimes appears next to a one and says a random sentence. One mentions you need patience and beer :-) So I got drunk (ingame, haha) and from that point the bot wasn't able to catch the fish anymore. Only one drink is enough and the camera begins to zoom out weirdly...
    That's very interesting, I'll have to try it out.

Originally Posted by Firegone View Post
    Is that even fixable?
    Maybe? But the question is whether it's worth fixing.

Yeti Wild Catch - Advanced stationary fishing bot
    Firegone's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Torpedoes View Post
    Maybe? But the question is whether it's worth fixing.
    Good point. I don't know if getting drunk helps. But he mentions it. This well known fishing website is talking about a rate of 1,25% per Lunker. Maybe it's worth it. Needs to be figured out

kindar's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as a heads up, I was banned today. My account had been suspended once in the past a few years ago for running a script that would make my character stand still and aoe constantly in order to grind Booty Bay reps. I've dabbled with fishbotting for the past year and a half and had found it a pretty safe way to make a decent amount of gold. With the addition of the water in the garrison, I had assumed I was untouchable now. Not the case.

I switched over from CoolFish to this app at the start of WoD. I want to make it clear that I don't think I was banned because this software was "detected" or whatever, but I just wanted to give people a little bit of insight as to why I got banned.

I play on a very high pop server, and basically since the start of WoD I've been fishbotting any time I was asleep, at work, or otherwise away from the house. First of all, that's a bad idea in itself. No person is going to manage to be online nearly 24/7 since the start of the expansion. Even if you're not doing anything illegal, it'll eventually get people looking at you. Granted, it never happened to me in MoP and I fishbotted all the time back then too, which leads me to my next point.

If you're selling your fish, be careful to not dump it all at once. With the addition of the different sizes of fish and whatnot, it obviously shows that you've been botting if you dump multiple stacks of 200 of every kind of enormous fish. I doubt Blizz has an automated system for that, but other players will definitely pick up on it and report you in a heartbeat for cutting into their profits.

I had this account for over seven years and had accomplished a ton of stuff (21k+ achievement points, all sorts of rare and old-school stuff in the bank, every legendary, etc etc) and lost it all because I got greedy. I still don't feel that what I did was that horrible, but I understand Blizz's outlook on it too. So be safe out there, and have fun!

Torpedoes's Avatar ★ Elder ★ Doomsayer
    Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kindar View Post
    Just as a heads up, I was banned today. My account had been suspended once in the past a few years ago for running a script that would make my character stand still and aoe constantly in order to grind Booty Bay reps. I've dabbled with fishbotting for the past year and a half and had found it a pretty safe way to make a decent amount of gold. With the addition of the water in the garrison, I had assumed I was untouchable now. Not the case.

I switched over from CoolFish to this app at the start of WoD. I want to make it clear that I don't think I was banned because this software was "detected" or whatever, but I just wanted to give people a little bit of insight as to why I got banned.

I play on a very high pop server, and basically since the start of WoD I've been fishbotting any time I was asleep, at work, or otherwise away from the house. First of all, that's a bad idea in itself. No person is going to manage to be online nearly 24/7 since the start of the expansion. Even if you're not doing anything illegal, it'll eventually get people looking at you. Granted, it never happened to me in MoP and I fishbotted all the time back then too, which leads me to my next point.

If you're selling your fish, be careful to not dump it all at once. With the addition of the different sizes of fish and whatnot, it obviously shows that you've been botting if you dump multiple stacks of 200 of every kind of enormous fish. I doubt Blizz has an automated system for that, but other players will definitely pick up on it and report you in a heartbeat for cutting into their profits.

I had this account for over seven years and had accomplished a ton of stuff (21k+ achievement points, all sorts of rare and old-school stuff in the bank, every legendary, etc etc) and lost it all because I got greedy. I still don't feel that what I did was that horrible, but I understand Blizz's outlook on it too. So be safe out there, and have fun!
    I'm sorry you got banned. You also bring up some very important points. I've been catching myself becoming more and more greedy with the way I sell fish, so much so that the AH is turning into almost just me where I buy up everything and sell it high, which is suspect enough, so it's a good idea to spread across multiple characters. Obviously don't bot 24/7, Maybe at most 8 hours straight. There's also human characteristics which do a nice job of further diversifying your fishing. Using bait and lures also helps. Now I don't think background mode really makes a difference but some people like to air at the side of caution so there's that also.

But again, sorry for your loss.

iispyderii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    15/29
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually a first time offense can be turned into a 72h ban? Was it perma?

Vilacard's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, I think I found out the issue I had with Wild Catch applying lures/bait. I have an autohotkey script that rapidfired certain keypresses when held down, including the keys I had the bait/lure bound to. I moved them to separate keys that aren't rapidfired and it seems to apply them just fine.

The problem ended up being on my end and not Wild Catch's.

Some1Here's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by kindar View Post

You guys be careful using this, I had a blizz gm do a spoof invite today. So they are watching for this kind of stuff.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Some1Here View Post
    You guys be careful using this, I had a blizz gm do a spoof invite today. So they are watching for this kind of stuff.
    How long, what and where did you bot? What do you think spurred their sudden interest?

Also, yes please stay safe. I have temporarily stopped fishing myself as to not look too suspicious, especially with opening raid week. In the future I'm looking to improve alert features but for right now people should be careful when botting in this manner. No matter how safe the tool is, there's very little I can do to stop classic detection.

calb1988's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Torpedoes,

I can't seem to get the program to loot the fish, everything else works fine, ive bound "interact with mouse over" to the same key as "Interact" on the program but I've had no luck.

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by calb1988 View Post
    I can't seem to get the program to loot the fish, everything else works fine, ive bound "interact with mouse over" to the same key as "Interact" on the program but I've had no luck.
    Interact with mouse-over is only used in background mode. Also, do you mean it's opening the loot window but not looting? if so then you have to enable auto-loot in the interface menu.

calb1988's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interact with mouse-over is only used in background mode. Also, do you mean it's opening the loot window but not looting? if so then you have to enable auto-loot in the interface menu.
    Yes that right, thanks for the quick reply!

Some1Here's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long, what and where did you bot? What do you think spurred their sudden interest?

Also, yes please stay safe. I have temporarily stopped fishing myself as to not look too suspicious, especially with opening raid week. In the future I'm looking to improve alert features but for right now people should be careful when botting in this manner. No matter how safe the tool is, there's very little I can do to stop classic detection.
    Well, I had manually been fishing for a few hours earlier in the day in mulgore, then I decided to go to crystal lake, after about an hour of fishing that is when I got the invite.

azndude171's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yetibot is not working anymore after the update. Something wrong offset

Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    148/415
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by azndude171 View Post
    Yetibot is not working anymore after the update. Something wrong offset
    I'm sorry about that, I'll be working to improve my tools soon, since WoD came out things have been a little bit unstable.

azndude171's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it look like you have updated it? Doesn't show the error anymore, but afraid to using it right now. Good work though.

Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567854 ... LastLast