Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing Blizzard's Bot Detection - Progress Thread.

Hi guys. As many of you may know, Blizzard had caused quite a lot of commotion recently with their 'bot tripwire' or whatever you may call it. I am by no means a goldfarmer or any of the like, but I do bot on my one and only 'main' account, be it leveling new alts or grinding mats for professions. Seeing as I've never been banned *touches wood*, and that I have some excess gold, I've decided to do a little... experiment.

I am going to take every sterio-typical goldfarmeresque pattern and see how long it takes me to get banned. I will use my own gold to pay for the game/gametime on my main account. The account is completely separate to everything on my main, so the two are completely detached.

He will be on a high population EU server. I will use a standard 1-85 leveling bot, leaving it on roughly 16 - 20 hrs / day. Class will be paladin.

My aims are to get him to a high enough level to potentially 'goldfarm' on. If I do reach this level, I will use any methods you guys feel as the most 'risky' methods out there and put Blizzard to the test.

I will update daily if possible.

Wish me luck!

Total Gold Made: 11k.

Current Progress:
    Day 1 of my 10 day free trial. Currently level 10, Prot Paladin. Will leave bot on until it gets to 20, then I'll aim for the max levels permitted in Mining / Herb.

Day 1.1 of my 10 day free trial. Just got my character to level 20 overnight. Going to make another character on a 'Full' realm now. Reason being is incase I get stuck facing an hour que time at some stage, I'll have a backup realm to bot on.

Day 2 of my 10 day free trial. Just got second paladin to 20. Going to start on professions tomorrow. Considering just getting the paladin to 55 then changing it to a DK purely for solo'ing purposes.

Day 3 Upgraded to Battlechest. Currently powerleveling 24/7 using Kick's Profiles to get to 55 so I can reroll DK. Will not turn off bot until he reaches 55.

Day 4: Been farming dungeons all day, currently level 43. Will leave bot on all night and hopefully reach 55 by the morning. All good so far.

Day 8: We now have a level 70 DK. He has been farming ores using mining. I have been running him using a normal mining routine for the past 12 hours. I will keep him on all day too. Pushing this as much as possible now. Anyone have any tips on how to exchange gold from one account to another also?

Day 9: Mining for 17 hours today. Still no ban.

Day 10: Mining all day, no ban.
    Last edited by Sauske; 01-09-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Testing Blizzard's Bot Detection - Progress Thread.
    Evolution's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds interesting - I'll be following this!
    Have they sharpened up the "bot banning techniques" alot? I botted like crazy with 1-3 accounts in all previous expansions (even made quite some good money selling gold in WotLK) without even getting a warning. Never touched a bot in MoP, though!

Have fun!
    "I was right in the middle of a fking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very curious about their banning techniques / frequency. Thanks for your support, I'll try to make the thread as interesting and informative as possible.

olow1983's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck man . i can´t wait to see

lopys's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what boot you're using?

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lopys View Post
    what boot you're using?
    Honorbuddy with Kicks Profile & Dungeonbuddy for leveling

jonutzzz's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as far as i know and i noticed this few months ago (7 months) u dont get banned for anything but gatherbuddy ... take this like a spoiler

zycamzip's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    17/40
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a former goldfarmer/seller I can tell you this...

You are less likely to be banned on EU servers for botting, as they cannot use invasive techniques like they can for US accounts.
    Transferring large quantities of farmed items to alts after botting is one of the tripwires (herbs/mining/skins)
    Another tripwire is trading gold. Blizzard looks for large standard quantities, ie 10k but not 10,289.
    Blizzard watches IPs. If you are using a VPN, then you have to beware which one you use, and know whether a gold seller used it too. Try to use a static IP, rather then a dynamic IP.
    Playing over 14 hours a day, is a major flag, especially when farming and transferring items.
    Teleporting around, is a flag.

I believe, that running the same pattern over and over should set off a flag, but doesn't seem to for most games.

Side note: In Guildwars 1, the use of macros which went straight from point A to point B on your computer was a flag. When someone realized this, and began using bevels to do this, bans stopped.
    In Rift, an easy way to spot a botter, is to kill a nearby skinnable creature, but not skin it. A Bot will run straight for the skinnable creature, if it is nearby. If you then skin it, right before it gets to the corpse, the bot will return to it's same path.

I no longer sell gold. I was supposed to set a new site up, but the "partner" didn't do his part. I still however powerlevel, and try to keep up with the infos.

krewtons's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @zycamzip aren't those invasive techniques illegal in the US now, I remember the court cases on warded back during TBC

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again guys, glad to see that this has sparked some interest!

I have just bought the battlechest and am currently leveling the bot using Mixed Mode of Questing / Dungeoning. My short-term goals are to get the account to 85 as quickly as possible. I will attempt to bot for at least 16 hours / day, to flag this 'tripwire', to see if it actually does exist. I'll keep you all updated.

@Zymcamzip - I will try all of the above, possibly bar the trading of gold (until a later date perhaps), as I do not have much of an interest in the goldfarming side of things, but more so along the leveling/gathering scene. If all goes to plan and I do reach 85 and can goldfarm, then I will and I will see how long I can last!

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Account is now level 32 and spamming those dungeons ^^

Nevodark's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    22/22
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How well does it actually do dungeons? was thinking of useing honorbuddy for it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sauske's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Nevodark View Post
    How well does it actually do dungeons? was thinking of useing honorbuddy for it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    It's pretty much flawless bar a small few dungeons. I'm using it on tank mode. which is highly advised against, yet still going strong!

Evolution's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, the bot does dungeons? With other players? o.O
    They can do that?
    "I was right in the middle of a fking reptile zoo, and somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things."

Bioaim's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/3
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    Wait, the bot does dungeons? With other players? o.O
    They can do that?