Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] The Usage of Quicktrack (easily find Onyx Eggs, etc.)

Hey Ownedcore!

I have been seeing a lot of posts about trying to find Onyx Eggs or Dark Soil easily, particularly in the model editing section when it comes to seeing the objects easier. There is an easier approach to finding these eggs without having to risk model editing and the high chance of being banned. That's not to say you won't get banned for using this program, as with every program the chance is there. The chance is just a lot less than model editing. This guide is to show how easy it is to use this powerful tool, which many people seem to overlook and try to go through the difficulties of model editing when tracking. (small note: Guides on bots are not allowed in the Guides section of the forums, so I thought it appropriate to put it here, please let me know if you believe it will fit somewhere else.)

What is it?

Quicktrack has been around since March of 2010. It was created by Apoc as a simple tracking system. It basically shows you most objects on your minimap as if you were tracking herbs or mines. When you hover over those objects, it shows the name of the object. It is, in a sense, just a simple tracking tool. It has since been updated by eracer for the most current version of WoW. Credits to those two individuals for making and keeping this wonderful program alive.

It's Usage

Let's start off by downloading the program. You can find it here (updated as of 9/17/13, patch 5.4.0.17371)

Originally Posted by eracer View Post
    QuickTrack 1.1.6 for WoW 5.4.0.17371
    Executable: http://goo.gl/AxS0BA
    Source: http://goo.gl/DCVeaC

I rolled back some of the changes I did since it seemed to cause so many problems.
    I hope this one works better for everyone.
    Please rep eracer in the quote for updating it to the current patch and keeping it updated.

Run the program as administrator if you are running Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8. Be sure to run World of Warcraft as administrator as well. If you are running a 64-bit operating system, World of Warcraft automatically opens in 64-bit if you use the launcher. Go into your World of Warcraft folder and be sure to make a shortcut of the 32-bit version of World of Warcraft, otherwise Quicktrack won't work with the 64-bit version of WoW. When you open it up you will be in a tab called "Creatures" which will be discussed in the next section. You will see a drop down at the top of the program called "WoW Proc ID". That is where you choose your WoW process ID to make it attach to your WoW client. Be sure to choose your WoW process, otherwise it won't track on your minimap. There is one slight error that occurs when you go through the loading process in WoW (the loading screen.) You will have to close Quicktrack and reopen it in order to be able to track again. For some reason it stops tracking sometimes after taking a portal, queuing for a dungeon, hearthing, etc.

The Creatures Section

This is the screen you should see when you first start up the program. These are pretty straight forward, as you can choose what creature you want to track. You can track more than one type, or all of them at the same time. By checking the "All" check box you can track all types of creatures.

The Resources Section

This section is also pretty straight forward. You can do the same as the Creatures Section where you can choose multiple things to track, or all at the same time. Herbing and Mining are straight forward, it will act as if you are tracking them though the spells Blizzard gives us. "Treasure" will track treasure chests, "Fish" will track fishing pools, "lockpicking" will track locked items, "Disarm Traps" will search for traps, "Openable" and "Closeable" will track objects that are both openable and closeable, "Arm Traps" will track traps that can be armed, etc. The rest of them are fairly easy to understand as well. PvP open and close is for things such as flags and such in BG's. The only thing I am unsure about is "Inscription" "Blasting" and "Tinkering." I wouldn't know what would be tracked by those check boxes.

Now that you have a little overview of what the Resources Section does, now lets put it to use. Here is a screen shot of it in action.

As you can see, there is an egg on the rock, and on my minimap you can see there is an yellow dot. If I were to hover over the yellow dot on the minimap, it would tell me what the name of the object is. In this case, it would say "Onyx Egg" This can be useful for not only Onyx Eggs, but also the Dark Soil for the Tiller's Rep, as well as the Netherwing Eggs. I also use this for questing while leveling or gathering. If you are going to farm the eggs or the soil, check the "Treasure" "Closeable" "Openable" "Quick Open" and "Quick Close." This makes it a whole lot easier than going though the model editing methods. Getting about 20 eggs in a matter of 2 1/2 hours (off and on 2 1/2 hours) is a perfect example of how powerful this tool can be. Mind you I am on a dead server, but it still made farming a hundred times easier.

The Name Section

This section is primarily there for tracking specific mobs. Don't get this confused with tracking specific game objects, it does not track game objects unfortunately. You can track any name of any mob, as well as any player as long as you have the name. There are a few examples in the screenshot to show you what it looks like when you add names in there. I have a quest mob from The Barrens, A rare spawn name, etc. You can have as many names as you want in the names section, and it will track everything that matches those fields.

Conclusion

I sincerely hope this guide helped you in some way, whether it being tracking rares or tracking those eggs to make the far easier. I will try to keep the download link as updated as possible, however, I don't develop this program so I cannot update it instantly if it for some reason stops working. Again credits to Apoc for making the tracking hack, and eracer for keeping it updated.

-Teryaki
    Last edited by Teryaki; 09-17-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Updated 9/17/13 bu eracer for current patch 5.4.0.17371. Working with Windows 8 Pro
    My Exploration Channel: Teryaki's Channel
    Teryaki#1806

[Guide]  The Usage of Quicktrack (easily find Onyx Eggs, etc.)
    Unscrupulous's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, I, I, I think I love you!

+rep

Sensisativa's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/7
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good!
    "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better"

jh16's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    10/46
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is one thing that is missing, deals with an error that you might get.
    I'll edit this post once I get it so I can make a screenshot then tell how to fix it.

Mammalsauce's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to note: Quicktrack tends to stop working if you change zones involving a loading screen. Like taking a portal, or hearthing, entering an instance, etc.

In this event, just close it, and open it again. Just a little minor thing that isn't readily apparent.

Teryaki's Avatar Legendary Explorer CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for pointing that out, I will edit the original post. I forgot that it does in fact stop working after loading screens.
    Teryaki#1806

dorkz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWSOME! Thank you!

romancer_bcl's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to restart wow for it to work every time i get a load screen, even after i restart quicktrack im still getting the exception when i pick my process id

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem
    Teryaki#1806

Whatsmyname's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful program and guide. Found 3 Onyx Eggs within a couple of minutes and after that about 10 Dark Soils in 10 minutes on a high populated server.

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad this helped you out
    Teryaki#1806

~Z~'s Avatar Contributor .-={ (.") Z (".) }=-. CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    201/20
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you a lot!!!!!!!

+rep

Neretil's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it work with lost treasures (not the chests)? Like the 450 account wide weapons at Dread Wastes. If it does, which options should i enable?

Thanks G/R
    103/82
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Neretil View Post
    Does it work with lost treasures (not the chests)? Like the 450 account wide weapons at Dread Wastes. If it does, which options should i enable?
    Yes, it does. I recall seeing the torch in Townlong Steeps while leveling pop up on my mini map in the Yaungol camp when you first get into Townlong. I would try enabling treasure, openable, closeable, quick open, and quick close if you are looking for those. I know they work on the items that sell for 100g and give a lot of experience as well. So finding those weapons should be no problem with this program
    Teryaki#1806

andyawio's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How come I can't find any Onyx Egg on the minimap? Flying around everyone on the island..

Ive clicked in:
    Openable, Closeable, Quick Open, Quick Close but I can't find any eggs.
    Last edited by andyawio; 11-08-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast