[BETA] PQRotation - an automated ability priority queue. menu

User Tag List

Page 568 of 731 FirstFirst ... 68468518564565566567568569570571572618668 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 10955
    bu_ba_911's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xelper View Post
    So I am considering a small change to the Lua file loading...I really dislike the fact that it injects, but more specifically loads/runs, every single .Lua file for every profile no matter if you are using that profile or not. If you have 12 lua files in the directory it will load all 12 even if you are using none at all.

I am considering making a function:
    PQR_LoadLua(fileName[, forceRefresh]) - Loads the selected Lua file. You would only need to call this once to get your Lua file loaded into WoW. If forceRefresh is 'true' it will rerun the Lua file even if it has already been activated.

Example: PQR_LoadLua("PQR_TestLua.lua")

Thoughts? This all hinges on me being able to properly do a "loadstring" on a multi-line text file with all sorts of quotes and such without breaking anything. I think I know of a way to do this, but it will require some testing.
    Lol if absolutely love the idea i was just thinking about how to get around some of the limitations of using the lua file and this would fix that issue i wanted to reload it whenever spec changes or someone levels up haha

If this doesn't pan out, I was just going to make everything into separate functions that i call to refresh their information

Sent from my phone.
    Last edited by bu_ba_911; 03-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    ^0^Team Nova's PQR NCC ^0^

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!

[BETA] PQRotation - an automated ability priority queue.
    merrikh's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its working right. He did that so when the other tank taunts you dont rip aggro off him. when that happens i just sit there and spam devistate.

mrkebo's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mentally. Quick question using the standard rotation. How do I get it to cast Mind Sear When aoe is needed?

BHLDepression's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/1
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now im looking for sub pvp rotation... the one that comes with it dosn't work to well.

Xelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a heads up that I finished working on the "LoadLua" function and I sent it to a couple profile developers to test...If all goes well (and it went fine with my internal testing) I suspect I will release it tomorrow. It will still only load files that have a PQR_ prefix and a .lua suffix.

The reason for this change is because if 12 Lua files were in the Data folder then all 12 would be loaded even if a profile was not being used... seemed unnecessary.

Here is the function info:
    PQR_LoadLua(fileName, forceRun) - Returns true if the file was run/loaded/already ran, returns false otherwise. If forceRun is true then it will run the lua file again even if it has already been previously run.
    Ideally you would want to put this in your initialize so it only runs once per session/rotation start:
    Code:
    if PQR_LoadLua("PQR_Bubba_Data.lua") == false then
        PQR_WriteToChat("You are missing PQR_Bubba_Data.lua. Rotation has been stopped.", "Error")
        PQR_StopRotation()
        return true
    end
    If you would like to get your profiles ready to go now so they work in 2.0.9 and 2.0.10 just do the following:
    Code:
    if PQR_LoadLua ~= nil then
        --Code above here
    end
    And sorry ahead of time for breaking any profiles, but it was necessary. D:
    Last edited by Xelper; 03-29-2012 at 11:43 AM.

me28791's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by firepong View Post
    @Bottter

Can you explain what problems my profile has when other bleeds are up? I have never had a problem. I've got a second feral druid in my raid group and the rotation does just fine. Mangle will check if there are other bleed affects like mangle (warrior/rogue bleed debuff) and if so, it will not casts unless it meets any of the other standards in the mangle ability, which I've covered most.

Every other ability has a tag for only checking the players own debuff's, except like stated above, mangle is a exception because of its effect.
    yea works fine when we get a arms warrior in, I only have my debuffs showing so, it will mangle but as soon as he comes along wont try to mangle after

Originally Posted by googlebee View Post
    Hi Sheuron,

As always great work with all of your profiles...Im sure I speak for everyone here in this community when we say *Thanks much!*

Tried out your prot profile today , and it is occasionaly not attacking during single target mode.

In AOE mode it attacks with no issues.

If i have aggro on the target it will automate and continue attacking though.

SO in a nutshell, Im tanking....other tank taunts...profile stops automating until i retaunt. (Unless in AoE mode)

Which seems ...not correct.

thanks!
    yeap pretty sure sheuron meant it to be like that, in order to prevent you ripping threat off again, tho is kind wierd as theres an alt to stop the rotation, seems a double standard?

firepong's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, my Feral DPS profile has been updated with Xelper's code above for when he releases 2.1.0. Update to version 2.5 so you will have the latest update

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Xelper View Post
    Just a heads up that I finished working on the "LoadLua" function and I sent it to a couple profile developers to test...If all goes well (and it went fine with my internal testing) I suspect I will release it tomorrow. It will still only load files that have a PQR_ prefix and a .lua suffix.

Here is the function info:
    PQR_LoadLua(fileName, forceRun) - Returns true if the file was run/loaded/already ran, returns false otherwise. If forceRun is true then it will run the lua file again even if it has already been previously run.
    Ideally you would want to put this in your initialize so it only runs once per session/rotation start:
    Code:
    if PQR_LoadLua("PQR_Bubba_Data.lua") == false then
        PQR_WriteToChat("You are missing PQR_Bubba_Data.lua. Rotation has been stopped.", "Error")
        PQR_StopRotation()
    end
    If you would like to get your profiles ready to go now so they work in 2.0.9 and 2.0.10 just do the following:
    Code:
    if PQR_LoadLua ~= nil then
        --Code above here
    end
    And sorry ahead of time for breaking any profiles, but it was necessary. D:
    Lawl of get to tell at people if they don't listen to my instructions in game now! Woot lol

Loving how it looks from here. When I get home I'll delve deeper into it

Sent from my phone.

If you think someone did something good, take the time to show your appreciation!

Xelper's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    0/8
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh one quick edit to the code you quoted, make sure you return true after calling PQR_StopRotation() or it will continue looping through the rest of the rotation one time, potentially causing a Lua error if it hits a function that was supposed to be in your Lua file.

chric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mrkebo View Post
    @Mentally. Quick question using the standard rotation. How do I get it to cast Mind Sear When aoe is needed?
    Mentally added Mind Sear to <LEFT ALT>. If you want to modify this, simply bring up the Ability Editor, Select Mentally's Shadow PvE Profile, scroll down and select the ability 'Mind Sear', and then change "IsLeftAltKeyDown" to whatever you want it to be...i.e. IsLeftControlKeyDown, IsLeftShiftKeyDown, IsRightAltKeyDown...you get the idea.

Mentally, a big thanks for your hard work on your profile. It's got me wanting to play my Priest again!

EDIT: On second pass, when you download the profile default from Buba and Mentally's Google Code site, it does not have Mind Sear in either the Advanced or Standard rotation. To add it, simply go to Rotation & Profile Editor, select the Rotation, from the Available Abilities select Mind Sear and press the right Arrow -> to add it to Current Abilities. Move it up the list so it's just below Functions.
    Last edited by chric; 03-27-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aight thx for the heads up... Definitely would have been a head scratcher

Sent from my phone.

chric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -- Removed, bug fixed.
    Last edited by chric; 03-27-2012 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Bug fixed

Thanks G/R
    0/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by chric View Post
    Xelper, please ignore if this is already reported. There is a small bug if you use the function 'Download Update' from a developer profile. If the profile has any special characters, i.e. ( ), it translates it into code %20%28. So in the case of Mentally's profile, it downloaded a copy with the brackets replaced as %20%28. It's a minor bug but I thought you would like to know. Great work!
    Update your pqr, that issue has been fixed in recent versions

Sent from my phone.

chric's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Buba. The new PQR Updater is awesome.

sheuron's Avatar Knight-Champion
    Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by googlebee View Post
    Hi Sheuron,

As always great work with all of your profiles...Im sure I speak for everyone here in this community when we say *Thanks much!*

Tried out your prot profile today , and it is occasionaly not attacking during single target mode.

In AOE mode it attacks with no issues.

If i have aggro on the target it will automate and continue attacking though.

SO in a nutshell, Im tanking....other tank taunts...profile stops automating until i retaunt. (Unless in AoE mode)

Which seems ...not correct.

thanks!
    When you are tanking the Vengeance increase your damage, When other tank taunt, you doing much more damage than the other tank, if you continue attacking will gain aggro again, thats the reason rotation stop when other tank takes your target.