Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick Start Guide for AETBot (PvE)

AETBot v.1.06 Working on current World of Warcraft v.3.1.2

Things might be hard to understand and get working without a manual, if you are not the one who made it ofc So below is a guide for the WoW bot that I have written from scratch and which I am still working on. I want to give credit to MMOwned's Memory Reading Section for help with the camera offsets and the mouse over guid offset, thanks!

See the guide in original HTML format here: AETBot Quick Start Guide

AETBot Quickstart Guide to PvE Grinding

* Download the bot at www.aetdata.com/aetbot/AETBot_installer.exe and install it anywhere you like on your computer. Simply click next on all steps in the installer. Once installed start the program and open up WoW if it's not already running. Note that you have to set WoW to "Windowed mode" in WoW's settings.

* Select Key Bindings from the Settings menu, Settings->Key Bindings. A new window will pop up and here you will have to enter all the important keys that you have bound in the WoW client. The keys should be easy to understand. To change which key should be bound to what action, you do exactly as in your WoW client, press the button then press the key you want to use.

Note: I will tell you how the attack pattern work so you can set up apropriate actions. First of all when the bot enters combat it will buff it self with [Buff 1], if the target is far away the [Pull] command is issued. Then [Attack 1] will be used. After [Global Cooldown] the bot will try to use [Attack 2]. If it can not for some reason it will use [Attack 3] instead. Bot waits for [Global Cooldown] and then checks if there are more than one target attacking it. If there are more than one target the bot will use [Attack 4] wait [Global Cooldown] and try [Attack 5]. if that can't be used [Attack 6] will be tried next. If there only is a single target [Attack 7], [Global Cooldown] then [Attack 8] or [Attack 9]. Please note that the bot will only use one of Attack 2,3, Attack 5,6 and Attack 8,9. If the bots' health drops below a certain amount it will use [Defensive Move 1], this could for example be a heal or a protective cool down. There is also a limit for when [Health Pot] should be used, you can find and edit all these limits in Settings->Options.

* Now the bot is ready and set up to start grinding. I suggest that you leave the Settings->Options as they are for now. You should play around with the bot a while before changing any of the values here.

* If you do not want to use waypoints for the bot, uncheck the Waypoints check box and the bot will be set to Roaming mode. The bot will now stay within a set radius and kill all monsters it can find, always going for the closest target first. Roaming mode can be a good option if you want to try out some new settings or attack patterns fast.

* If you want to use waypoints, and this is what I strongly suggest that you do, you will have to load a waypoint file or create your own waypoints. You can download a few waypoint files here, but it is also very easy to create your own. Try the "Record WPs" feature, press the record button and start moving. If you at any point want to check how the waypoints are looking press the "Display WPs" button. This will display a Way Point Map. All waypoints will be marked with small dots, your starting position is the yellow icon and end location is marked with a red icon. Your actual location, player location, is marked with a star icon. When you are finished running your path, press the "Stop Record" button and then the "Save WPs" button to save the way points to file.

Note: If you have used any of the old bots Glider or Pirox you can load their waypoint files into AETBot. Use the same approach as you would loading AETBot way point files.

* Look at the "Target" and "Movement" sections and you will see some check boxes. It is easy to understand what they do by simply looking at their names. The "Repeat" checkbox is only active if you use way points. If you uncheck it the robot will instead of repeating the waypoints (looping) go back and forth along the path. If you want to use the option "Skinning", note that you will have to check "Looting" aswell.

* Custom items can be used if you want to grind reputation items etc. For example the Sons of Hodir turn-in items. Check the box and then look in Settings->Options and you can see the "Custom Items" field. Type one or more item names in the field and the bot will gather them for you. Note that you have to spell it correctly and that it is case sensitive.

* To start doing the actual grinding, press the "Start" button and the bot will start running the waypoints immediately. The bot will defend itself if it gets attacked and it will also gather everything you have selected in the target section. You can set the gather radius in Settings->Options.

Below I have compiled some general tips and tricks
    * If you get the feeling that something is not working as it should please first check your "Key Bindings". They have to be set up correctly and this was the most common problem the beta testers had.
    * If you have any healing spells, set one of them as [Defensive Move 1]
    * Make sure that you bind the [Eat] command, especially if you don't have any healing spells.
    * When using the way point recorder, try to run as straight as possible and when you do turn, turn properly instead of making smaller turns more often.
    * If you record or add way points by misstake you can use the "Remove WP" button to remove the last way point entered. Look at the Way Point Map to see if you need to remove any more way points.
    * Don't be stupid when using the bot. For example don't leave the bot on grinding for too long, people will start to wonder. Don't make bad way points so that the bot gets stuck. It is always a good idea to supervise the first one or two laps when using a new way point file.
    * If you want to leave the bot on during the night or when you are away, it can be nice to use the "Log Off Timer" feature. In Settings->Options you can set a timeout for how long the bot will run. When the timeout is up the bot will stop moving and it will be automatically logged out after a certain time of inactivity.
    Last edited by AETBotter; 05-20-2009 at 05:11 AM.

Quick Start Guide for AETBot (PvE)
    aaró's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long have youve been using this?

Taylor123123's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, looks confusing im gonna re-read.

morgalis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried your trial version , but to complicated or in other words to much settings need to be done , and had 3 different errors even out of memory

hiddenlife5009's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mind telling us what programming language the bot was written in?

An7hrax's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    20/11
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combat AI button does not work.

pindis's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mind telling us about detection? also language, and will you support it.. and how much will it cost?

BottMaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please make a bot work before releasing it. Thanks.

MasterGold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bot doesn't work here, just receive a microsoft error
    Cheating on World of Warcraft since 2006

Pixion's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey BottMaster can i steal your avatar plz ?

BottMaster's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Pixion View Post
    Hey BottMaster can i steal your avatar plz ?
    I'll take that as a compliment I made him. The taxi driver has is a real hat, the cigar is real, the robot was ripped off from deviant art cut out, then changed it up a little and made the color scheme fit a dead site of mine.

But thanks.

AETBotter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried your trial version , but to complicated or in other words to much settings need to be done , and had 3 different errors even out of memory
    Since the bot does not use injection you have to tell it which keys to use, i.e. Key Binding. You only do this once and it does not take more than a minute . I decided to make it generic so any class can be used, hence the use of Profiles and key bindings. It would be really interesting for me to see those errors since it's not something I heard about before, thanks.

Do you mind telling us what programming language the bot was written in?
    99% C++, 1% Asm

Combat AI button does not work.
    I'm sorry but im not sure what you mean, there is no such button could you explain a bit more please?

mind telling us about detection? also language, and will you support it.. and how much will it cost?
    There is no interference with the WoW process so there is nothing to detect. The bot has to be "targeted" by Blizzard if they want to detect it. Atm it is not. I will keep the bot low profile and exclusive and hopefully it will stay that way. If not I might make it private if there is interest. The rest you can read on the AETBot website (don't want to advertise here)

The bot doesn't work here, just receive a microsoft error
    Can you please post/PM it so I can see what it might be, thanks.

Dead_Masters's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hm in the other thread there re many people who say this bot simple suck...:

http://www.mmowned.com/forums/bots-p...h-3-1-1-a.html

AETBotter's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I did not realise that I was breaking the forum rules and did advertising. I got flamed acordingly. Some was angry and claimed that I had stolen others work and tried to profit from it. That made me pretty sad tbh, since I have made this bot from scratch and coded every single line myself. If it sucks or not, is up to you. You have to at least try it out first before you can count it out

PS
    The PvP mode does suck and the bot wont score that many kills for you This is simply because it is not complete yet and I am currently working on the PvP part. It's still good enough to grind honor for you tho and I have never been reported afk or similar when pvp:ing
    DS
    Last edited by AETBotter; 05-09-2009 at 04:35 AM.

zutto's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we all love you kynox<3

cracked by kynox: Filebeam - Free Fast File Hosting
    drugs are baad kids.. m'kay.