0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Release] GRotation - glorified keyspammer

GRotation

About
    Quite simply this program will spam keys for you, it's intended use is to take the constant grind away from repetative spell mashing and to allow you to enjoy playing rarther than getting RSI. I have designed this program to allow customization of profiles with that you can include your own spells and keybindings in one of three tabs, i treat these three tabs as the talent tree's to provide an easier way of finding what i want. I have included some profiles for Hunter, Death Knight, Paladin to allow you to see how it works however i do not have the time myself to create 10 classes of spells and test the best methods of spamming attacks.

Compatibility
    This program is written in Visual Basic 6 SP5, a pretty old language now and may require runtime files which can be easily found from microsoft's site, one day i'll learn .net to avoid such hassle.

Example Usage
    - Premade Profile

For this we'll be using the premade profile for a Beast Mastery Hunter first steps are;

1 - Goto > profilesdb > hunter - and copy the general file .grp
    2 - Paste the file into profiles

This will now display the profile within the program, an easier way to understand this is profilesdb is the database of profiles you wish to have, but not always list, those you do want to list are stored within the profiles folder.

Load the program up and click the Hunter - General line, then click Load.

You will now notice three tabs have appeared as Beast Mastery, Marksmanship and Survival this contains all the attacks for the seperate talent tree's and keybindings, however as this is a general profile some customization is required, so click Hunter - General again and click Create / Edit.

You will now be presented with the Profile Creator part of the program, very simular to the first form but allows you to customize everything. Use GSBar Addon will be explained later.

First you want to know what key you want to press for this program to start spamming your attacks, for instance if you chose "a", whenever you press a it will spam keys, so obviously thats a bad choice by default i have used \ which for my keyboard layout is next to Z and is easily used. The same key will start/stop the spam.

Now we'll start making some spells press keys so head over to the Beast Mastery tab

double clicking on any spell will put its details into the edit boxes on the right to allow for editing, you can change its name, the key it will press and wether or not you want it to be included on the shot rotation list(if its not ticked it wont spam it). Once you've made an edit click the Edit button to make changes.

Once all your spells and keybindings are setup goto the Shot Rotation tab and click Get List

This will now show all the spells you've ticked into the window, organise it in a priority of first cast at top to last cast at bottom, unticking will have it ignore the spell, once your happy with the order you can click Save.

If a duplicate profile is found it will prompt you for confirmation of overwriting the profile then refresh the profile list to show your new profile, then simply select it and click Load.

Profile's ready lets rock
    Now your profile is ready close the create profile window and goto Shot Rotation on the GRotation form, ensure that the attack order is correct and the keys are the same as you have set in Warcraft. If all this is fine click Enable.

Now the program will listen for the activation key to be pressed once this is done it will spam the keys listed, please note however it will do this regardless of what window you have active and even if your typing a whisper so choose your activation key carefully. It is good practise to get used to switching this on/off during a fight to prevent accidental pulls, also when Warcraft is not on focus click Disable to ensure it does not disrupt other programs.

Please take note that this program is no longer in development and i will not support in upgrading it any further, i will be rewriting it from scratch to improve its functionality and features so i've included both the compiled version and source code available to anyone who wishes to use it, i hope it enspires others.

GSBar Addon
    This is a very basic addon that only displays the text "Rotation Running" on your game, it is used as a good way to remmber the program is spamming keys and to avoid any mistake pulls, however this is all it does the addon displays the window by doing /gsbar, so create a macro and keybind it. Then on GSRotation profile simply update the keybinding for GSBar to your setting and it will click it on start/stop.

The addon's TOC is out of date but the program works perfect it can be downloaded here

Screenshots

Links
    Download compiled: here
    Download source: here
    Last edited by CrazyCactuaR; 04-03-2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: full on description rarther than half arsed

[Release] GRotation - glorified keyspammer
    WannaBeProgrammer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice xD GY profile?

CrazyCactuaR's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by WannaBeProgrammer View Post
    Nice xD GY profile?
    Sorry, GY?

Wowpx's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by GraZC View Post
    Sorry, GY?
    Graveyard<short>

CrazyCactuaR's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the profiles just contain spells and keybindings, its not an automated bot

WannaBeProgrammer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Gj !
    Last edited by WannaBeProgrammer; 04-03-2009 at 07:07 AM.

a7fold's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This a nice simple little program. Good job

tsatsa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very simple program... any chance to get catched from blizz?

darkwiz787's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caught by blizz? I dont see how this is hacking, just making grinding easier.
    Feel free to correct me if Im wrong xD

Dissed's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty simple but well made