[Guide] Setting up Spartacus with Glider - Now with Group Profiles explained! menu

User Tag List

Qup's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Setting up Spartacus with Glider - Now with Group Profiles explained!

NOTE: PRIOR GLIDER SETUP KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED. THIS IS A GUIDE FOR SPARTACUS ONLY, GLIDER WILL ONLY BE FEATURED WHERE NEEDED, PLEASE DONT EXPECT TO READ ABOUT SETTING UP GLIDER.

Hi,

This is a guide which helps beginner gliders set up Spartacus to work along side Glider. For those of you who dont know what Spartacus is, click HERE.

Firstly in order to use Spartacus you require the following

1. Spartacus
    2. Glider Elite
    3. A Glider Custom Class (These can be found on the Glider forums under the "Class Development" section)

Step 1:

Once you have downloaded Spartacus, extract the files to a folder anywhere on pc. You can name the folder whatever you want, i kept the folder name which came with the .rar file and just dragged it to my desktop.

Step 2:
    Open the extracted folder and run Spartacus.exe. Then click Setup, located on the toolbar.

Step 3:

Start Glider and go into the settings. Here you must enable the "Remote Control" feature using the tick box. You must then enter a port and password. The defualy port of 3200 is fine, so no need to change that. Once this is done, you are free to shut down glider, just remember the port and password you entered.

Now in the setup window in the General Settings tab you must enter the Glider IP Port and Password. The Port and Password are the same as those you entered in glider.

As for the ip, as you are most likely running these programs on the same pc, you can use a local ip, e.g. 192.168.0.5. To check your local IP go to Start > Run > Type "cmd" without the quotes, then in the command window type "ipconfig" without the quotes your "IP Address" is your local IP address. Enter this IP in the "Glider Remote IP" box in Spartacus Settings.

Step 4:

Spartacus also allows ou to automatically relog on disconnect. This is easily enabled by ticking the box and entering your information.

Just copy the image below for the rest of the settings. I increased the number of seconds to wait after joining a BG as i was starting too soon and kept running into the gate in AV and looking like a massive bot!

Step: 5

Select the "Queue/Profile Settings" Tab in Spartacus settings window. This is where you must point to the location of the BG glide you are going to use.

LET ME EXPLAIN: This confused me a bit also, so let me explain it to some of you first timers. Spartacus is basically a piece of software, which deals with enabling and disabling glider so that your not running around av as a ghost or just plain acting like a bot. It doesnt have any inbuild waypoints or anything which effects how your character acts in any way. Spartacus' job is to sign you up, get you in, start you off, and maintain you by stopping the glide when you die, and enabling it when you res, otherwise youd be in all sorts of trouble. You are able to find the BG glides at the glider forums (Click Me)

Anywho, use the browse button to locate to the glide you wish to use.

The rest of the settings are ok as default, in most situations, Double check with the glide your using for specifics.

NOTE: Some glides require you to be at specific locations to glide, e.g. Orgrimmar.

Step 6:

Now this last bit is pretty straight forward, click the "Installation" tab, here you must browse to the folder where your "glider.exe" file is, as well as to your WoW folder.

You must also install SSPVP2 in order for Spartacus to work, this is basically a bg helper mod, not illegal in any way, shape or form.

Step: 7

Now all thats left to do is start it up. You must first start Glider using the glider .exe. Then if you close it down start up Spartacus using the Spartacus.exe as we did at the start of the tutorial.
    Dont worry about setting up glider in any way apart from your Custom Class settings, Spartacus takes care of the glides part.

NOTE: It is sometimes buggy for me, so i also open wow afterwards so that all it has to do is sign me in and sign me up.

With both open, Click "Start" and away you go.

Step 8:

Ensure SSPVP2 is enabled in your wow addons window at the character slection screen, and that autojoin is enabled also. This is done by typing /sspvp ui, then click "Auto Join".

Step 9:

Enjoy! =)

Group Profiles:

What they are:

Group profiles are simply a collection of glides which are all attached togethter using a "Group Profile".

For example: in an AV group profile, you would create a main group profile, then smaller profiles which lead your character to this glide. You create a glide from the starting area to the end of the cave then to the main loop coords, as well as say SP graveyard to the main loop again.
    This allows you to link up mutiple glides without having to change them manualy.

Group Profiles are also used for grinding packages. You start your character in a 20-25 location, then once it has reached 25, the group profile will change to another glide which takes the character to the second location, once there the profile will change to 25-30 and continue leveling.

Using this its becomming even easier to lvl from 1 - 70 with no human interaction what so ever.

Where they can be found:

You can find most group packages on the glider forums under the "Special Combat" section, which can be found here.

However if you would like to create your own, there is a nice guide here.

How to use with Spartacus:

Ok for this example im going to use an av profile called Ducky's av group profiles, which can be found here.

So here we have the files which are in the .rar file. You want to drag the "Group" folder to the "Profiles" folder in your glider directory and then drag the Ducky - AV folder (this contains all the profiles needed to run the glide. DO NOT take these files out, leave them in the Ducky - AV folder and drag that into your profile folder.)

Then in the Queue/Profile Settings tab of Spartacus setup window, you must browse to the file in the GROUP folder, in this instance called Ducky Horde AV.xml.

Then that should be that.

Well thats about it.

Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.

All the best!

-Qup
    Last edited by Qup; 03-23-2008 at 12:04 PM.

[Guide] Setting up Spartacus with Glider - Now with Group Profiles explained!
    pwned22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good guide, a bit more information how to set up the group profiles (E.G. tell where to find em and where to unzip the group package).

But maybe it's just me.

+Rep
    Last edited by pwned22; 03-22-2008 at 06:56 PM.

bobtin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyway i can use sparticus with normal glider?

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by bobtin View Post
    Is there anyway i can use sparticus with normal glider?
    No, glider elite is needed for this.

Brinch's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea, can you please tell more about the group profiles and how to use them, i never understood that

The Maffyx's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Brinch View Post
    yea, can you please tell more about the group profiles and how to use them, i never understood that
    Group profiles and profiles work in a weird way. A group profile pretty much strings a bunch of regular profiles together, but they have variables and what not like conditions that need to be met before certain things happen. They way to use them is if you have them, you take the group part of your profile and stick it in the groups folder of your glider folder. Then you take the profiles section of your profile and stick them in your profiles in your profiles folder in your glider folder. From what I can understand they cannot be in a sub folder in the profiles folder. Also I suggest taking all the profiles you have in there now and sticking those inside a sub folder. If this needs to be explained a bit better let me know, I just woke up.

lootskin's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice guide helped me alot

Qup's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Updated with Group Profiles explaination.

Dopeness's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qup, maybe you could find a mirror to Spartacus, since the link is down.