0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] How To Insert Your Custom Items Into Your DB

Ok Soo Ive Seen ALOT of people on this forum recently asking. Soo here's a little Noob Friendly Guide.

[STEP 1]

Go to www.wow-v.com and probably register or login . Click on the item you want to create from there menu below there main header image.

[STEP 2]

Ok you have ur name and ur rarity for your item sorted but now ur stuck on the 'display id' part. Find an itme you want your custom item to look like use thottbot.com or wowhead.com.

[STEP 3]

Ok Open your database up , i used navicat for this . Open up the 'items' database and Ctrl+F or Apple Key + F and type in the name of the item you liked the look of from step 2. And now it should fine the item after a while (Depending on how fast your computer is) Ok now scroll to the right and you should see a column named 'displayid' . now get the display id of the item you want . Copy it or renember it .

[STEP 4]

Ok Now Fill in the display id bit of your item on WoW-V.com now you can easily fill out the rest with what you want its pretty straight forward.

[STEP 5]

Ok Now your at the bottom of the page. Click 'Submit' Button on WoW-V.com. and u should have a box full of text at the bottom and a button called 'Download Batch File' Click that and save it to your desktop. Or . Copy The Text in the box.

[STEP 6]
    -If you downloaded the batch file

Open up your Navicat. And Open up your ascent database.

Right Click on 'Ascent' or whatever ur ascent database is called. and click execute batch file. Now browse for your batch file that you saved and click. Click Start and execute it into your database. There you go. Now Just Restart server or .reload items and there ya go u can now spawn up you item in game.

- If You Copied the text in the box.
    Right click on your database. Open a connection to it and right click again and click console. Should look like this:

Ok Now Paste the Text into that box and press enter! There you go. Now you have an item in game. Use the 'Entry' Code on WOW-V u entered to spawn the item!

Ok Bai Bai Have Fun!:wave:

[Guide] How To Insert Your Custom Items Into Your DB
    OMGPWN's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many times am I gonna see this. -_- but thanks for trying + 1 rep

komothoes's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats cool thx

Lich King's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is a pretty simple thing that most people know but pretty good

acgolfer719's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks it helps =)

Rangegod's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I know this is probly going to make me look like an idiot but this is my first time doing ANYTHING like this so... I have my item designed and the file saved but when i try to open a connection on Navicat i get this error "1405 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:no) I dont have a password set up but even when i set one up and used it i still get the same error. Someone on a diffrent website said i need Wamp5 so i downloaded that but im not sure what i need to do with it or if it even has anything to do with this error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**edit** Also i am useing MySql V5 and Navicat. (just figured id say it so no one thinks thats my problem lol)
    Last edited by Rangegod; 02-17-2008 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Add

Da Tank's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. Only problem I'm having is connecting to a friends Navicat so I can edit Db myself. Any help??

JustGoogleIt's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok

Ok, I know this is probly going to make me look like an idiot but this is my first time doing ANYTHING like this so... I have my item designed and the file saved but when i try to open a connection on Navicat i get this error "1405 Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:no) I dont have a password set up but even when i set one up and used it i still get the same error. Someone on a diffrent website said i need Wamp5 so i downloaded that but im not sure what i need to do with it or if it even has anything to do with this error. Any help is greatly appreciated.

**edit** Also i am useing MySql V5 and Navicat. (just figured id say it so no one thinks thats my problem lol)
    Download a different Repack? Or Make a password for your SQL and use that and if that doesnt work. Have u disabled all ur firewalls?

Cool. Only problem I'm having is connecting to a friends Navicat so I can edit Db myself. Any help??
    Unfortunately i dont know much about connecting to other navicats soo i am no help there. :S Sorry