Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ways to set server to a certain patch!

Okay well, I know there are some people out there, like myself who had some annoying problems with setting servers to certain patches. And I didn't know if it was actually possible anymore to set your server back the old way anymore and so I had kind of lost hope. And then I realized it did! And then I found another way!

The two ways are.
    Manually patching! (This is for people who are scared of downloading key logged files etc. etc.)

And torrenting (Everyone who is on here probably knows what a torrent is so I won't explain!)

Starting with number 1!
    Manually Patching!
    (Note this requires you to have the patch already just a way to patch a higher version to a lower verison)!

Okay first off this can take a while and involves many steps but like I said... is probably the most risk-free way! .
    • First off open up your world of warcraft folder for most it's file location is C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft but you may have saved it elsewhere.
    • Secondly open up your Data folder C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data for most.
    • Now inside you will see about 4 .MPQ files :-) what you want to do, is delete patch.MPQ
    • Now go back to the original folder C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft or wherever you saved it :-).
    • Run repair.exe (Wrench Symbol with a blue background)
    • Make sure all boxes are checked and click 'Reset and Check Files'
    • Now what SHOULD appear is a box saying World of Warcraft is severely damaged etc. etc. just click okay. What this will do is reset World of Warcraft to 2.0.1 or somewhere along those lines. (Just click okay)
    • This will probably take a bit 5-20 minutes depending upon the computer (20 minutes may be a bit over dramatic but some computers are slow I know)
    • Now once that is done find the patch that you needed to patch it to and start that let's say... WoW-2.3.2.7741-to-2.3.3.7799-enUS-downloader
      Let it patch and voila it is now set to said patch! ^^
    Okay now the SECOND way to do this (Note this is more of a risk full way though the chances of getting a cracked file are about very slim it CAN happen!)

TORRENTING
    • This is a very simple simple SIMPLE way! what you will do is go to any torrent sites (Once again this is risky)
    • A list of sites is listed HERE
    • And then type in what you want to download
      Example: WoW.exe v.2.3.0, 2.3.2, 2.2.3 etc. (Some you may have to make an account!)
    • And I did not find this site on there which I really don't think it should count as a SITE but it's more of a search engine/torrent.
    • Bitlord
    • and do the exact same thing once you've downloaded the program ^^.
    Though in the case of Way number 2 'TORRENTING'
    you cannot find the correct wow.exe trying and find the patch to download and do step # 1 :-)

I hope this helps some and if it doesn't oh well X.X

Bai Bai!
    :wave:

Some ways to set server to a certain patch!