0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to Compile Ascent 2.3.2 with NCDB!!

Hey guys. I’ve been trying to compile my own server and I finally got it working but I had to go through way to many guides just to get it right. So im gonna put all the CORRECT information into one guide.

Required Files
    (If these files aren’t already on your desktop, put them there so they’re easy to access)
    http://www.microsoft.com/express/download/ - Get Visual C++ 2008
    http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads - Get 32 Bit or 64 Bit installer, doesn’t matter which one
    http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html#downloads – Go download MySQL Community Server, then Windows then Windows Essentials (x86)
    http://www.navicat.com/download.html - Download Navicat for MySQL
    (Windows version) - English

Step 1- Install Visual C++, don’t change any of the settings it asks for when you install it, just leave them as they are.

Step 2- Install TortoiseSVN, same as Visual C++, don’t change any of the settings when installing.

Step 3- Once you’ve restarted your computer from installing TortoiseSVN, create a folder on your desktop called Ascent Compile, then right click on it and go SVN Checkout… In URL of repository put in http://mmoforge.org/svn/ascent/trunk
    When It asks for a username and password, simply put “anonymous” as the username and just leave the password as nothing. Also tick the box that says remember these details, I think that’s what its called atleast :P (Don’t include the quote marks when you put in the username.)

Step 4- Wait for it to download all of the files, ~50mb if I can remember correctly.

Step 5- Now open up Visual C++ , go and the top and you should see Tools. Click on that and then go options, Projects and Solutions the click on VC++ Directories. Where it says, “Show directories for” go Executable Files. Now click the button that looks like a new folder symbol then put in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin, now go to “Show directories for” again but this time choose “Include Files” and click the new folder symbol again. Put in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Include. Now go to “Library Files”, new folder and put in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\Lib. Now that you’ve configured Visual C++ Exit.

Step 6- Now go into Ascent Compile then go 2_8_stable, win, and then open up “ascentVC90” in Visual C++. Then up the top, go to “Build”, then “Configuration Manager”. Where it says, Active solution configuration, click the drop down arrow under it and choose release then click close. On the left hand side in the “Solution Explorer” (where it says ascent, game, logonserver etc.) right click on “Solution ‘ascentVC90’(8 projects)” and go Clean Solution. You’ll know when its finished because it’ll say = = = = = Clean: 7 succeeded, 0 failed, 1 skipped = = = = = in the Output window down the bottom. Once that’s done, right click on “Solution ‘ascentVC90’(8 projects)” again and go build solution. This took about 4 minutes on my computer, which is about 2 years old.

Step 7- Go File, Open, File/Solution… Then go to Ascent Compile, 2_8_stable, src, scripts and then open up “scripts2008”. Same as before go to Build, Configuration Manager and then make sure its on release. Go close, right click on “Solution ‘scripts2008’(4 projects)” then go Clean Solution. When that’s finished go Build Solution. This shouldn’t take as long as the one before.

Step 8- Install Mysql Server. Go typical, then you pretty much just press next for the rest. Set your password at the end. (this will be the Navicat password)
    Last edited by MooseBoi; 05-14-2008 at 07:31 AM.

How to Compile Ascent 2.3.2 with NCDB!!
    MooseBoi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Step 9- Install Navicat. Go File, new connection, Connection Name=localhost
    IP Adress=localhost Port=3306 Username=root Password=The one you put in before. Now go Ok and then double-click localhost on the left hand side. Now right click localhost and go New Database. You need to make three new databases, character, logon and world.

Step 10- Go to your desktop and make a new folder called “World”. Right click it and go SVN Checkout. In the URL of repository put in http://svn2.assembla.com/svn/ascentbd

Step 11- Once that has downloaded, go into the folder and then right click on Tool.bat and then go edit.

Make it look like this (but change the password)
    Code:

@ECHO off
      REM ############################################################################
      REM #
      REM #      B A S I C   U S E R   C O N F I G U R A T I O N   A R E A
      REM #
      REM ############################################################################
      set user=root
      set pass=yourpasswordhere
      REM  wdb  -  is the World Database
      REM  cdb -  is the Character Database
      REM If you do not have them seperated then set them to the same values
      set wdb=world
      set cdb=character
      REM #
      REM #    A D V A N C E D   U S E R   C O N F I G U R A T I O N   A R E A
      REM #
      set port=3306
      set server=localhost
      set devpath=.DevelopmentDatabase
      set pubpath=.Releases
      set mysqlpath=.DevelopmentDatabaseMYSQL
      REM #
      REM #     D O   N O T   M O D I F Y   B E Y O N D   T H I S   P O I N T
      REM #

Then double click Tools.bat and then click “w”. That’ll install the “world” database.

Step 12- Now you’ll need to install the logon database files and the character database. Simply open up Navicat, double-click localhost, double-click on character, then right click on character, Execute Bacth File and then go to Ascent Compile, 2_8_stable and the sql. Choose 2785_character_structure and then go Start. Do the same for logon but choose 2785_logon_structure. You database is ready!

Step 13- Ascent is Compiled! To get the files for the server, go to Ascent Compile, 2_8_stable, bin, release and then copy those files into a folder called Ascent Server. Once that’s done you edit the ascent.conf, logonserver.conf and the realms.conf to fit your servers configurations.

Step 14- To make a <GM> account, go to logon, accounts and put the following
    Logon=the username Password=Password GM=az Flags=8 and then click the tick down the bottom of that window. Finally go to your WoW folder and open up the realmlist.wtf, delete everything in there and type
    Set realmlist 127.0.0.1
    And finally you can play!

*THIS IS IF YOU DON’T HAVE MAPS AND DBC FILES*
    Step 15- Go to these links to download the Map and DBC extractors enUS Map Extractor and DBC Extractor. Thanks to Illidan1 for these links.

Step 16- Place the ad.exe in your WoW folder. The maps will extract to either a folder in your WoW folder called Maps, or in the maps folder in the enUS Map Extractor folder.
    Step 10-For the DBC files, place enUS.cmd, SFmpq.dll and MPQE.exe in C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\enUS and run the MPQU.exe. When that is finished, copy the maps folder AND the DBC folder into the “Ascent Server” folder you made before.

Note: For the Ascent Server to work, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DBC FOLDER AND THE MAPS FOLDER IN THE ASCENT SERVER FOLDER, THEN RUN THE ASCENT.EXE AND LOGONSERVER.EXE AND YOU’LL BE ROCKIN’!!!

Hope you enjoyed this long and painful guide :P

Edit: Make a .txt file and put in the following
    alter table creature_proto drop column attacktype; and then rename the file a .sql, execute that in your world database in Navicat and that'll fix the npc's walking backwards.
    Edit 10:00 am 26/3/2008: Ascent and NCDB lins have been redirected to MMOForge
    Edit 7:15 pm 12/3/2008: Updated the NCDB SVN yet again to their new one
    Last edited by MooseBoi; 05-14-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Cypher-'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok followed this step by step and when I run Loginserver it opens up for a bit then closes , and ascent says the Die directive ?

Saedusii's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Open up your Ascent-world or Ascent configuration files and find the following lines:

Code:
    <die msg="I am a newb who didn't even read half my config file!">
    and

Code:
    <die2 msg="I read nearly all my config file, but not the whole thing!">

AND DELETE THOSE.

It prevents your Ascent to start up properly.

bulletzaredeadly's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great guide! i have tried like 15 of the repacks and they would have troubles... this... pft, problem solved! thanks!

V1cTorY's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good job(i need 5 post before can make thread lol)

Skanda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ mrwippy4141:
    Very useful guide! Thanks very much.
    Follow your guide, i spent 20 min to setup the Ascent Server.
    before i spend about 2 days to try several repacks to build and setup Ascent and not ok.
    Last edited by Skanda; 02-04-2008 at 11:37 AM.

MooseBoi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys

sliverdead's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i keep getting the ascent timing out on authent

and the logon saying authentication from 127.0.0.1, result fail
    key: 9aa3b630a77ddd4d7fafbc48216aa3eb7a56fdfa

most likely my conf files? any help appreciated|

found the prob. to all who come across this check the bottom of your logon and world conf files.

also now all my npcs are walking backwards and spazing out.
    Last edited by sliverdead; 02-05-2008 at 03:44 AM.

MooseBoi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sliverdead, those npc's walking backwards, that was happening with me, i researched into it a little but i couldn't find a solution. If any knows why this is happening, just post it for the help of others :wave:

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pretty sure this lies in either the DBC content or the world server its most likely the animations are being played wrong so im gunna redo my DBC

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Code:
     also now all my npcs are walking backwards and spazing out.

Jokerjokes posted a solution to this. (Not sure if it works, or where he got it.)

Code:
    update `creature_names` set info_str= ' ' where info_str=0;

This hasn't happened to be, so I'm not entirely positive.
    Last edited by Saedusii; 02-05-2008 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Edited.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i could make excuses but frankly im a noob. so to do a mass update i run a query right? and if so how because i already tried to no avial.

ok i found his post and i saved that line as a .sql from notepad and it executed successfully however it doesnt appear to have changed the values to 0 right now there are just blank values in the info_str column
    Last edited by sliverdead; 02-05-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the bug fixed?

Also, if you read the query, "

where info_str=0;"

That states
    where the value is.

Not what it is going to be changed.

MooseBoi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey presto! i found the answer to the npc's walking on the spot.

quote:
    it's easier to solve. select your world database, and put the next code in querie and execute it:
    alter table creature_proto drop column attacktype;

this will fix the problem.
    problem is that ncdb has added the column attacktype but the ascent core's aren't supporting it...

Good luck! i am sure it'll work!

Thanks to Kameleon20 from Ascentemu.com for that.
    For you noobs, make a notepad file and put this in it...

alter table creature_proto drop column attacktype;

Then save the file as World_db_fix.sql
    Go to Navicat, double-click on World, Right click on World then go Execute Batch file. Browse to that file you just made and then Execute it. Restart you server and there you have it! The npc's will be fixed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast