0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] Lots of usefull things

Ok i made this compile from guides in internet and some of my knowledge so here it is:

Item creation:

This one is really easy you need to open in your Database manager (SQLyog, Navicat, Heidisql, etc.) your items table after that just go to the bottom i will explain it with an image, im explaining this with navicat you can get navicat form this link :
    Navicat + crack
    ------Screenshots-----
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/6581/guide1oj0.jpg
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/8764/guide2gs5.jpg

ok you just need to add a new entry for your item and complete the rest of the information in each of the remaining columns, its self explanatory, if you dont understande really well this go to
    WOW Vendetta register and use the item creator there, that will give you an sql querry to execute it into your database just copy all information there and save it as .sql and then right click on your database, execute batch file and thats all

Portals (not LUA guide):

you need to do the following:

open your gameobject_names table, create a new gameobject with type 22 here is an example:

Code:
    123456    22    1327    Spartan City Portal    33    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0    0
    Note the Yellow number you must leave that in 0 for now we will get back later on.

After creating your GameObject you need to open your teleport_coords just search for a not so important already done entry (in my case 33: portal to westfall) and change the Map,X,Y,Z here is my example:

Code:
    33    Teleport: Spartancity    1    -8524.66    2015.16    103.7    0
    Things in red are the things you need to change...NOW do you remember the yellow 33 before... well that is in spell focus column you need to see the Entry ID of the teleport_coords and put that same number in the spell focus colum in my case 33 ok??

[/center]

Portals with LUA scripts:

ok its easier to do a lua portal just use this script and save it as .lua in your ascent script folder:

Code:
    function Teleportname (pUnit, Event, pMisc)
    pMisc:Teleport (map,X,Y,Z)
    end
    RegisterGameObjectEvent (EntryID, 2, "Teleportname")
    Some NPC things:

First i will explain how to make a monster say something while being attacked...

Open you navicat,SQLyog or whatever and open you npc_monstersay table just add a new line at the bottom and make a ney entry in my screenshot of example i used 99999, then at the event type just type 0 for the NPC to say something when attacked, chance is the percentage chance for the NPC to say it language just leave it in 0 or in 1 ,type 11 is the "say in chat mode" this can be change to yell or ather.. just leave it in 11, then its the monster name so its displayed in game like whatevermonster say: blablabla, the next one is what you want it to say and mostly everything else most be leave it as is...
    Here is an Screenshot http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5810/guia1eu8.jpg

OK now i will explain how to make an npc say something in a scroll... first you need to open you npc_text table and at the bottom add another entry in my case again 9999 for example, then its the prob0 column just type 1 if you want it to say text0_0 and text0_1 or type 0 if you want it to say just text0_0 then you will se all emotes when they say something (refer to "all emotes states) here in MMwoned to know which one to use...and then you will se more prob1 etc. i dont know how those work i suppose they are the same as the first one but just leave them alone :P

Screenshot
    http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/1346/guia1ep1.jpg

After done with that you will need to open npc_gossip_txt table (i dont need screenchot in this one) just add a new line first put the NPC ID and then the TEXT ID you put in the previous table thats all

Here i will explain how to make a monster say something when you get close to him
    Open you navicat,SQLyog or whatever and open you npc_monstersay table just add a new line at the bottom and make a ney entry in my screenshot of example i used 99999, now for the event type you need to type 1 for the NPC to say something when getting close to him, chance is the percentage chance for the NPC to say it language just leave it in 0 or in 1 ,type 11 is the "say in chat mode" this can be change to yell or ather.. just leave it in 11, then its the monster name so its displayed in game like whatevermonster say: blablabla, the next one is what you want it to say and mostly everything else most be leave it as is...

hope this help someone and i havent checked all of this just guessing some like the walking near the monster thing but this should work :P

You can also make a NPC to say something using LUA scripts here is an example:

Code:
    function NpcName_Event (pUnit, Event)
    Code:
         pUnit:SendChatMessage (Type, Language, "What your npc will say")
     end
     RegisterUnitEvent (Id of npc, When it will happen, "Name_Event")

Things in red are things you need to change, like for example

function CustomMob (pUnit, Event)
    pUnit:SendChatMessage (1,0,"Behold To Spartansp LOL")
    end
    RegisterUnitEvent (999999,1,"CustomMob")

That will make my MOB with entry 999999 in my creature_names table when entering combat send a chat message saying "Behold To Spartansp LOL"

I will make more of this guides when i have more time hope this help a lot of people
    Last edited by Spartansp; 02-04-2008 at 02:02 PM.

[Guide] Lots of usefull things
    hyffi's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nicejob +rep

Tom_2001's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice i guide i aready knew about this but keep smiling

Spartansp's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol (filler)

secretdragon008's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good ty,but change the purpel text color to something else plis,cant almost see whats its writed there.
    But +Rep anyway.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok ill edit it

secretdragon008's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice.now i see it much better.
    Ty

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no problem mate also see my lots of custom things V2 it should be on page 2 or 3 by now

chaves5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey i have created my items and executed them and such but when i go to .additem it disconnects right away could you please tell me whats wrong? it happens to items i havent made either is it my Database or something?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm yes it should be....

chaves5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a database file i could download that is very basic with basic items and such and then i can add w.e i want?

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm NDCB????? lol you can find it in gastricpinguins thread... or if you want you can use my repack

chaves5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the NDCB just a basic database like regular wow? cuz i plan on making my server like regular wow with the exceptional items ill be creating

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes NCDB is a blizzlike database

chaves5's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright and since i downloaded mafia boys mappack can i just use the ascent and logon.exe to run the server still and use navicat the same way but all i need to do is change the database or do i need to change everything?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast