0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Guide] How to Give Database Access

Make Sure you have a Database installed before trying this guide if you dont have one installed i might write one later but dont post help if you dont even have a database installed

Ok i dont know if this has been posted yet but i tried to find a post for it but had no luck so here i go. I am going to make a step by step guide on how to give a player access to view and execute sql quires into your DB without you doing it. (Warning:Remember only give access to those who you truly trust and wont stab you in the back on the slightest fight you guys have)

Guide:
    Step 1:Open up you database and make sure you are in the DB first

Step 2:In Navicat right click on your database, go to the bottom of the drop down list and click manage users

Step 3:Once the new window pops up, itll say at the top Add User, Delete User .. etc

Step 4:Click Add User and a new window will pop up having username, host password etc

Step 5.Type is the user's specific information he/she gave you and for host you just put % that means that username can connect to any ip. here is a example of what on should look like:

Username: Corosive
    Host: %
    Password: Cossy
    Confirm Password: Cossy

Step 6: Now once all that information is in the correct place press okay. Now if you want the user to be specific to a certain part of your hostname then you can click the little + arrow beside there name and go to like for me my database name is ascent2, so you go to ascent2(for me) and click it, a whole new box check on the side comes up. Click the boxes on the right hand side to make it so what he can do to the database.

Step 7:For the user to connect he needs sqlyog, navicat or heidisql to connect to your database. Then he/she will need to type in his corresponding info he gave you into the fields when they pop up, for hostname he will need to put your dyndns that you make at no-ip.com or dyndns.com or even your ip if the previous one doesnt work.

Anyways thats about it. if you have missed anything just post it here and ill put it in the post. I hope this guide helped those people who dont know how to do this. If you have any questions just post them here and ill be gladly to help you out with them.

[Guide] How to Give Database Access
    Jardiare's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    k i need help

DJGonn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice thread. Very understandable but could use some pictures for idiots like the guy above me. +Rep

Intel's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm nice and simple +Rep x 1

Jardiare's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R