Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS3 v 360 a Technical Stand off

Ok where should i start

Ok here i go

---Games---
    The 360: The 360 has over 250 games and has ben out for 2.5 years 35% of the games are exclusive

PS3: The PS# has over 145 games and has ben out for a lil over a year 15% are exclusives

Conclusion: Xbox has more games but in the time it took 360 to come out with 250+ games PS3 came out with over half that in 1/3 of the time

---Graphics---

360: Custom ATI Processor clocked at 500 Megahertz with 512 megabyts ram shared with the GPU. The games look great but dosent have a high draw distance.

PS3: RSX "Reality Synthesizer" Clocked at 550 Megahertz with 256 megabyts of ram. This is a custom Nvidia Graphics card and is more powerfull than 2 Nvidia seven thousands.

Conclusion: The PS3 RSX is faster By clock and memory because the 360 is sharing the ram with the GPU and shard memory is much slower. the only advantages you get with 360's Custom ATI Processor is it has better lighting

---Processer---
    360: Custom IBM PowerPC CPU clocked at 3.2 GHz for each core it has 3 cores like having 3 processors

PS3: Cell Processor clocked at 3.2 GHz for each core the cell has 8 cores the same thing as having 8 processes

Conclusion: The PS3 has more power so what who won i wonder?
    ---Control---

360: Up to 4 controllers running with 2.4 GHz Wireless up to 25 feet No motion but has vibration

PS3: Up to 7 controllers running with blue tooth up to 75 feet. Sixaxis motion sensing and rumble comming soon

Conclusion: The 360 has the rumble but no motion and no motion comming soon. The PS3 has Motion Sensing but no rumble but it is comming soon. The PS3 has up to 7 controllers but are we realy gona use that much? also the 360 uses AA bateries the PS3 has rechargeable baterys.

---Compadability---

360: DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD Dual-Layer DVD-ROM 3 USB 2.0, 2 Memory Card Slots And 30% of the old Xbox games work on the 360

PS3: DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD BD-R BD-R/RW BD-ROM Blu-ray BD-ROM 6 USB 2.0, CF Slot (Type I, II), SD Slot (Regular, Compact), Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, 1 x Optical Audio
    and 98% of the PS2 Games work on the PS3

Conclusion: The PS3 has way betterbackword compadability and can read more formats...and to watch HD movies on the 360 you need to pay 100 more dollars.

---Price when both systems have the same things---

360: 399$
    1 play and charge kit 15$
    Wireless lan 60$
    HD DVD Player 199$
    Xbox live 1 year 60$
    Total is 360 has everything the PS3 has out of the box: 733$

PS3: 499$

Conclusion: 360 is more expencive if you want it to do what the PS3 can out of the box

---Looks---

Conclusion: When it comes to style the PS3 wins hands down

The reasion? well you cant forget..............

---Life expectancy----

360: 1 mounth - 2 years failure rate 30% (about 1 in 3)

PS3: 2.5-6 years failure rate 0.6% ( about 1 in 200)

Conclusion: Do i have to say who won?

Finnal Conclusion: PS3 and 360 are both good systems but the PS3 is much better for what you get for your buck and when it comes to processing power. The 360 dose have better lighting but worse draw distance. a Blue ray disk holds a lot more than a HD DVD so bigger games can go on the PS3. In general i would pick the PS3 but its your choice.

BUT BEFOR YOU PICK 360 ALLWAYS REMBER THIS

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqt6cLko_dc]YouTube - The Death of My Xbox 360[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7GX7tzyuF8&feature=related]YouTube - 2nd Xbox 360 Ring of Death[/ame]

-Zore-
    Last edited by Zore.; 12-02-2007 at 03:13 AM.

PS3 v 360 a Technical Stand off
    jdismeuc's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: PS3 v 360 a Technical Stand off

so what you are trying to say is... 360's FTW? lol

---free_kill---'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is liek a double post dude just dicuse this on the other post.

Daft's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/sigh
    these posts are starting to annoy me, seriously.
    Look at the next few statements before anyone else makes a thread or post about this:

Get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 because they are an equal match to say the least.
    When anyone sides with either system, that is just an opinion.
    I prefer the 360, that is my opinion.
    Opinions differ, that is the way we work.
    Get over it.

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Daft View Post
    /sigh
    these posts are starting to annoy me, seriously.
    Look at the next few statements before anyone else makes a thread or post about this:

Get an Xbox 360 or a PS3 because they are an equal match to say the least.
    When anyone sides with either system, that is just an opinion.
    I prefer the 360, that is my opinion.
    Opinions differ, that is the way we work.
    Get over it.
    Is it my opinion that the PS3 has over half the games the 360 has in 1/3 of the time?

Is it my opinion that the PS3's graphics card is 50 MHz faster?

Is it my opinion that the PS3 is cheaper with what you get out of it?

Is it my opinion that the PS3 suports more formats and files?

Is it my opinion that the 360 fails more?

Is it my opinion that Shared memoryu is slower than 2 memory chips?

None of this is opinion its facts so your logic makes no seince

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its your opinion whether you choose a 360 or PS3, despite the facts themselves.

I agree with the fact that the PS3 has better hardware, and other qualities. But it is my opinion to stay and enjoy the 360 due to it's qualities, and just because I prefer it.
    Last edited by Daft; 12-02-2007 at 09:53 PM.

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This post is for education purposed only

Im not aggensed any systems or for any systems i like them both just giving the facts

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course your not against the 360 <_<
    Whatever, I don't feel like flaming anymore
    I'm fairly sure I made my point

mafiaboy's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by Zore View Post
    Is it my opinion that the PS3 has over half the games the 360 has in 1/3 of the time?

Is it my opinion that the PS3 supports more formats and files?

Is it my opinion that Shared memory is slower than 2 memory chips?

Is it my opnion that if the Ps3 brakes you basically ****ed and it will cost you a arm and a leg?

is it my opinion that there are 10 different methods to fix a Xbox 360, not to mention all 50+ instructional videos on youtube?

Is it my opinion that it isn't possible to flash a Ps3?

Is it my opinion that Microsoft fixes Xbox 360's for fre and is now extending their warranty to 3 years?

Is it my opinion that Ps3 live sucks ( maybe it is, but EVERYBODY says xbox 360 live is better), also don't forge there are more people online.

You forgot to mention the live internet gameplays for each system, in that case xbox 360 completely crushes Ps3. I got a Limited addition xbox 360 ( Table Tennis) , 2 wireless controllers, 1 remote and the headphones for 180$( premium console) because it was broken. I fixed it in about 1 hour, it's been working well for 3 weeks now.

Also, the premoum console has wireless installed in it and also has much more hard drive space. The premium console still costs less than the ps3.

When you talked about the graphics, I don't persoanlly find a visual difference in the graphics, so I won't go pay 150$ extra for something I don't need. All I want is a console with good graphics and good online play. If it brakes down on me I got microsoft to cover me for free. Isn't this what everyone else wants when buying a gaming console?

If you don't have a HDTV, then that's another extra expense in the Ps3 you didn't ask for. I don't have a HDTV, I just have a big screen TV( REALLY BIG) and the graphics look amazing. My mother thought I was watching a movie.

You might start complaining about that Xbox live costs money compared to the free Ps3 version. You get what you pay for, Xbox 360 live costs almost nothing, and the online gameplay is considerably better.
    Last edited by mafiaboy; 12-02-2007 at 11:37 PM.

Zore.'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by mafiaboy View Post
    Is it my opnion that if the Ps3 brakes you basically ****ed and it will cost you a arm and a leg?

is it my opinion that there are 10 different methods to fix a Xbox 360, not to mention all 50+ instructional videos on youtube?

Is it my opinion that it isn't possible to flash a Ps3?

Is it my opinion that Microsoft fixes Xbox 360's for fre and is now extending their warranty to 3 years?

Is it my opinion that Ps3 live sucks ( maybe it is, but EVERYBODY says xbox 360 live is better), also don't forge there are more people online.

You forgot to mention the live internet gameplays for each system, in that case xbox 360 completely crushes Ps3. I got a Limited addition xbox 360 ( Table Tennis) , 2 wireless controllers, 1 remote and the headphones for 180$( premium console) because it was broken. I fixed it in about 1 hour, it's been working well for 3 weeks now.

Also, the premoum console has wireless installed in it and also has much more hard drive space. The premium console still costs less than the ps3.

When you talked about the graphics, I don't persoanlly find a visual difference in the graphics, so I won't go pay 150$ extra for something I don't need. All I want is a console with good graphics and good online play. If it brakes down on me I got microsoft to cover me for free. Isn't this what everyone else wants when buying a gaming console?

If you don't have a HDTV, then that's another extra expense in the Ps3 you didn't ask for. I don't have a HDTV, I just have a big screen TV( REALLY BIG) and the graphics look amazing. My mother thought I was watching a movie.

You might start complaining about that Xbox live costs money compared to the free Ps3 version. You get what you pay for, Xbox 360 live costs almost nothing, and the online gameplay is considerably better.
    The only reasion there is like 10 ways to fix a 360 is because they break ALOT

Sony also has a 3 year warentie on their system which you probly wont need

The Playstation network has ben around for 1 year live has ben around for more than 5 this takes time sony will catch up and who wants to pay to do deathmatches?

EVERY PS3 SYSTEM has internet gameplay and its free

The PS3 hardrive is upgradeable to 200 gigs for only 40 bucks

Xbox has crapy HD TV suport so when you get one its gona suck

You want see a difrence in graphics yet game developers will catch up and PS3 hardware is way more powerfull meaning it wont go out of date as fast and the games will eventualy look better

When Microsoft makes a new system they wont make any more 360 games Sony still suports PS2 and PS1 and will garentied for 4 more years Sony will make games for each console for 10 years each....So buy a 360 and loose suport in 5 years PS3 and loose suport in 10

For PS3 you get what you pay for

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you say the playstation network has been out for a year and live has been out for five, how exactly can it catch up? Xbox live had a head start and is still growing rapidly.
    The only way I can see the playstation network could catch up is if xbox live suddenly shuts down, which I don't think is going to happen.

Xbox live is just so much more advanced than the playstation network, that is why it cost money. There are so many more features that live has, the playstation network just can't live up to it without costing money.
    Last edited by Daft; 12-03-2007 at 12:29 AM.

EliMob441's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys guys guys, Atrai2600 G0T t3H L33T Gr4p1cz ar0und d4wg!!!!!!!

But really I do have a 360 and wii

Wii sucks
    360 is good with good games and good times
    Want a ps3 but I dont want the below avg and I dont want to pay up to 600bucks for the nice version.Im waiting to lower the price, like ps3 looks cool but I dont have the money xD

Puff's Avatar Account not activated by Email
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to sum it up, I'm getting a 360 soon

Its all down to opinion tbh, and i think it plays a big part of what games you like to. I prefer the exclusive games on the 360 than the ps3. All my mates are on the 360 so environment counts. And i cannot afford the ps3.

The 360 is still a magnificant machine.

---free_kill---'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only reasion there is like 10 ways to fix a 360 is because they break ALOT

Sony also has a 3 year warentie on their system which you probly wont need

The Playstation network has ben around for 1 year live has ben around for more than 5 this takes time sony will catch up and who wants to pay to do deathmatches?

EVERY PS3 SYSTEM has internet gameplay and its free

The PS3 hardrive is upgradeable to 200 gigs for only 40 bucks

Xbox has crapy HD TV suport so when you get one its gona suck

You want see a difrence in graphics yet game developers will catch up and PS3 hardware is way more powerfull meaning it wont go out of date as fast and the games will eventualy look better

When Microsoft makes a new system they wont make any more 360 games Sony still suports PS2 and PS1 and will garentied for 4 more years Sony will make games for each console for 10 years each....So buy a 360 and loose suport in 5 years PS3 and loose suport in 10

For PS3 you get what you pay for

about the free ps3 live, dude ps3 is gogin to a LOW and will probly only have ps3 live for a while deppending if it actually atracts more ppl then when it get popular ehough (if it ever does) it will stop the ps3 live,

crappy hd tv support haha dont know if thats true but at least it supports multiple resoultions not like the ps3 it only support 1080p while the xbox 360 can support 1080i, 1080p, 720p, 480p while the ps3 is only for people who have a 1080p tv which will cost you like i think the chepest like around 1,200 bucks for the 1080p tv

how do u know they wont make any more games for the 360 once microsoft makes a new system they could still be making more. and who knows they might keep up the xbox 360 live supported with some new games downloadable with microsoft points
    Last edited by ---free_kill---; 12-03-2007 at 06:35 PM.

fireb0rn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it my opinion that the PS3 suports more formats and files?

Is it my opinion that Shared memoryu is slower than 2 memory chips?

it's your opinion that any of those matter is what i think would be the point

explain to me the significance of system specifications on a system with no games. just a fictional system, i'm not really referring to anything in particular here. it doesn't have any games but has all the latest technology. would you play it?

i find it rather funny that your comments on the games focused on quantity of the games rather than quality. PS1 came out with how many thousand games, does that mean it's OMG the greatest system ever??!? the amount of games a system has makes absolutely no difference in the value of the console as opposed to at least the quality of them.

your post is kind of odd though. usually when someone makes a completely biased post they will include one or two minor digressions so later they can make the claim that they gave an equal, fair review. you don't even bother with that. lol, funny

i won't be back to respond to any refutations of this post, but just know that I hate the 360 and haven't even played the PS3. I'm just saying that if you're going to review something give it a fair review. nobody cares if you like the 360 more or less or if you care that someone else cares about you liking the PS3. A+ if you're a troll tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast