Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Duplicating Items

Hello,

I've been playing Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion very much lately (Xbox 360 Version) and I was always having issues with money, or I never had enough. Well I found this glitch when I was searching for cheats on a console cheat list website which showed me how to duplicate items with a bow and some arrows, which then i used the duplicated items to sell and get more money.

This cheat will not work if you have updated ESIV:OBLIVION (Xbox 360 version and PC version) because the update for both fixes this.

Requirements:
    - Bow
    - Any set of arrows ( 2 - 9999999 )
    - A Sellable item
    - Near or close enough to merchant to barter/speak with them (You may become over-encombrased by picking up all the duplicated items, so you want to be close to the merchant)

Now that you have everything you need, equip your bow and your set of arrows. Draw back your bow, press 'B' (PC: Your inventory/character/map screen button. Select the set of arrows you are using, then go to the item you want to be duplicated and press 'X' (PC: Your 'drop item' key) and when you exit your inventory screen there will be the duplicated items on the ground (depending on how many arrows you have equiped). ANYMORE THAN 250 ARROWS WILL BE GARRUNTEED TO FREEZE YOUR GAME (for Xbox 360). If you have a really well built computer than you might be able to go over 250 without freezing, other than that, this does lower FPS for a couple seconds when you do it.

Tip: This can be used to have many many potions, which is what i use it for now that i have enough money to play through the game.

Hope this helps some of you other Oblivion players out there.

Edit: Fixed a spelling error
    Edit2:
    XBOX 360 USERS ONLY
    I have just found a way to delete old system cache files on your Xbox360, this will delete game updates. IT WILL NOT DELETE SAVED GAME FILES. By doing so if you've updated ESIV:OBLIVION you can use this to delete that update.

To do this hold the 'A' button while starting up your Xbox 360 Console and it will clear system cache files and the game updates.
    Another way to do this would be to enter the "System" menu and select the "Memory" option. Highlight the hard drive, then press Y. The Device Options screen for the hard drive will appear, with "Rename" and "Format" options. Press X(2), LB, RB, X(2) to clear the cache.

-
    Last edited by Crazee; 11-22-2007 at 06:11 PM.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Duplicating Items
    Erra's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Duplicating Items

I always get amazed when people figure such things out, I mean... I'd never be able to do it xD

PolitisktNamn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats kind of old news to me, I figured this out years ago :O.

Crazee's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My XBOX360 has just gotten the Red ring of Death... Tried everything and this was a confirmed hardware failure.I called Microsoft, they're sending me a prepaid shipping box and everything... I'm just glad I don't have to pay anything for the repair. =)I'm hoping to get it back before christmas so I can play Assassin's Creed some more, that game is wonderful.

fireb0rn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duping a room full of watermelons was always fun