0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to Model editing [Questions]

I've been on mmowned only for the exploits/emu sections and I've decided I shall learn the trades of Model Editing. I know you guys are all wayyy more twchnical than a few DB edits but I have a question or two. Yes, I tried searching but I guess I don't know the model editing lingo.

1: How is model editing detected? Patches? Random blizzard searches? Or just people seeing you go underground or something?

2: How do you make walls or doors passable and how does the terrain actully work in WoW? I know that main cities can be spawned as a single game object on private servers so to edit like the moa, would you need to edit all of IF?

3: Whats the best practice thing for beginers? I've seen a topic with a list of all the good guides and programs but I don't know whats the most newb friendly :P

+Repbtw.

"I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike."

New to Model editing [Questions]
    Invent's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: New to Model editing [Questions]

1: How is model editing detected? Patches? Random blizzard searches? Or just people seeing you go underground or something?
    People use it for stupid things... like BG exploits... Other than that it's not really detected in my experience.
    2: How do you make walls or doors passable and how does the terrain actully work in WoW? I know that main cities can be spawned as a single game object on private servers so to edit like the moa, would you need to edit all of IF?
    Just change them into something else. If it's an Invisible wall use one of Cryect's tools.
    3: Whats the best practice thing for beginers? I've seen a topic with a list of all the good guides and programs but I don't know whats the most newb friendly :P
    Follow some of Fault's guides. Mount swap is easy and gives you the hang of things.
    Last edited by Invent; 11-05-2007 at 11:45 PM.
    You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly - Nogg-aholic

777devil777's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thx, prepare for the machine gunz of rep.

"I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike."

Invent's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always glad to help.
    You may clip our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly - Nogg-aholic

Knomez's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started out with basic creature swaps and mount and item... then i started re-skinning then DBC/hex (i don't like hex editing though

Mudkip's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things like weaponswap, character to character etc are not detected and won't be... but using modelchanging for exploits is 1. bannable 2. uncool^^... as long as you don't shout out everywhere : "LUWLZ I R GNOME PALA ON GM ISLAND OLO " you won't get banned

Editing citys etc is done with altering .WMO or using a special program called NoggIt, but this is not really something for beginners^^

There are some easy guides, Fault's for example ... even if it's not correct to advertise own threads, I would suggest you to look here : http://www.mmowned.com/forums/model-...-creature.html
    It's a guide for beginners, with a lot of pics.
    On the whole you should look in the Model Editing Guides & Programs Section for more details.

merfed's Avatar キタ━━━(゜∀゜)━━━!!!!!

Thanks G/R
    0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really depends what you want to do to Ironforge...

777devil777's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm a fast learner... I just mastered race --> race, mount swaps, wep swaps, reskins, and how to get custom models not even ingame and now moving to noggit