Thanks G/R
    77/7
    Trade Feedback
    8 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My botting story :) (learn from my mistakes)

Greets to all Ownedcore members! I discovered that forum only after 2 months after D3 release and teached a lot from here. I realized that I always wanted to build my own army of bots and be the big boss\general I had all my 4 accounts with IB banned yesterday and I hope that my story will help you to learn more and bot better.

I had 1 60 lvl char on one of the main accounts and used it to run IB and was getting 300k gph in NM core using cheap gear. I decided to lvl other accounts and finished leveling and gearing yesterday and alsmost istantly I was struck by blizz banhammer.

I can tell my way of leveling. I used 1 60 lvl account, but it can be good equipped 30-40 lvl char. I create a ZK quest game, kill him and before getting the reward I invite 3 leechers. I had my custom script to get autojoin (I used MacroRecorder to create it, it used random sleep timers + slightly 1-2-3 pixel randomized clicks). It takes approx. 2 hrs to get 1-30 for 3 new chars with 1 host char. 1 run took approx. 1 minuite to get 3 (or even 4) cahrs get 10k exp reward. After that I got decent 30 lvl gear and just walked with my 60 lvl barb in NM core to get to lvl 44 - it takes another 1 or 1.5 hrs. After that you are 44, you just have to get decent gear (with reduce level 16-1 and your can start NM core bot runs to get lvl 54, it takes several hrs. The last thing is to unlock hell, get 54 lvl allres gear and make your char 54-60 in couple hrs using hell core bot runs.
    Short summary of my leveling method:
    - do some 30 lvl chars manually using 1 seeder acc and 3 leechers with outojoin - approx 2-3 hrs to get 3 fresh 30 lvl chars (NOTE: you can program ZK autokill script, but this is tough, it must have a lot of checks, but ZK can be easlily killed using barb\wd summons)
    - manually follow your core bot to get lvl 44 to get the lvl reduced gear - approx. 1.5 hrs per char
    - get good gear, start NM core bot on your 44 lvl char and it will be 53-54 soon - AUTOMATED PART
    - get best allres gear and go hell core bot to get lvl 60 - it will reach it very soon! - AUTOMATED PART

I was doing it and was banned, I think they detected me using IB exploit\ same IP lots accounts relogs\same IP many games staeted. Prob. my IP was flagged for my solo bot activity (a lot of games created during several nights\days - 1 min core runs )
    Before the ban I noticed a very WIERD thing when I leveled 2 other 25 lvl chars (they used autojoin to lvl and were not banned) - I had an IB running on my account and it was turned off and I made manual ZK runs. ****During one of the runs I got the invite from the player I never met and it also wansn't on my recent players list (as far as I know it is impossible to invite anyone you never contacted ingame). I rejected the invite and after that when I came to Zoltun I din't have the script scene (that stops the char and you usually skip it) and I ran near Zoltun Kulle for approx 4-5-6 seconds. That never happened to me before. Maybe it was a lag because someone checked my client or checked smth else, but it was really strange*** I'd like to hear your comments, maybe same experience happened to you before.

I've got several ideas how to improve botting:
    1. NEVER EVER use IB exploit to get several accounts working, it is very suspicious and I think that trick makes your accs flagged.
    2. Do not use IB maphack and wall walk option and other stuff prob. like chicken, IMO it can be detected easily.
    3. Use different IP - it is a technical\software problem, you have to solve it.
    4. FInd a way to make VMware not detectable, blizz can easily detect it's video driver - check your debug file - it is a technical\software problem, you have to solve it.
    5. Try to get minimum contacts between bots - I think blizz can use the same idea to detect bots that social network uses to find possible friends (detects cross-friends links)

If I were bliz I'll also flag ppl who use 800x600 res with low graphic settings and fps reduction =)

Also I've got an offer for all banned ppl, pls specify all info about your ban to help other bot better. PLEASE specify info about the ban like me:

-SERVER
    EU
    -Number of accounts banned, activity and working time
    4 accounts: NM core runners using IB exploit (beware!), 1 farmed 33 mil - 300gph, 3 farmed 0 gold - fresh accs
    - Same IP? WMware?
    Yes/ 2 notes with clients + 1 VMware each

I'll be glat to hear your comments and discuss my ideas!

My botting story :) (learn from my mistakes)
    avaganza's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My bot also got a friend request from an unknown person, and it's not a gold spammer.. Weird.

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ if you are in general chat anyone can look up your profile (gold collected) and friend request

the thing about diablo 3 is, it's not very big. anywhere you bot they can find you easily. the best bot may be one that can finish the whole act 1 or do a semi-random 5 neph butcher run

and yes i do believe they check accounts with the 'social networking' you described as they chain ban many linked accounts but leave the main/mule alone (it's pretty obvious they know about it) so they hope you will try to start again. but it seems for now if you start again without washing yourself clean they come down on you fast, i believe they do this so you a) cannot actually make much profit b) cannot request refund after making decent profit (they keep the $60 no matter what)

but to wash yourself clean (legit char to 60 and finish all acts up to inferno and gear up manually takes like 60+ hours)

it is very obvious to spot a bot account that has 1 lvl 60 with very little achievements (no acts actually completed or lvl 60 doing NM 24/7), your only set of gear is one 275 gf 200 mf set, few real friends, hardware configuration/diablo 3 folder/ip address previously used, 100 million gold collected, trading 10-20 million gold to strangers/mule regularly or sometimes as much as 100 million without receiving anything of equal value in return, botting 14+ hours a day every day. then the technical aspects of how good you actually need the bot to be set up with randoms and timings and targetting and abilities so you don't get caught.

blizz are content in keeping their ~500,000 customer base (that actually play and don't bot) happy and couldn't care less about leaving any room for botters at this point. i give at least a month before they release their grip a little, if at all.

there's also a crapload more issues you need to work out that i didn't even mention. basically i stopped because honestly it's more trouble than it's worth now. i'm happy enough, i have a decked out main acc and made a tidy sum. if you wanted to profit even beyond that, you should have gone all out starting from 2 months ago with 100+ bots, then you wouldn't have to worry at this point because you already botted enough for years to come - when there was nothing, even remotely, stop you. i'm very interested in what that guy has to say now (the 100 bot guy from euro that was interviewed anonymously on youtube and linked all over blizz forum 2 months ago) really doubt he's still doing it

blizz even came down on some bulk buyers i sold to, accounts they traded on were consistently banned

i am quite certain they have people manually reviewing the cases which makes it even more difficult to hide. if you were flagged once and reviewed then banned, i'm pretty sure the instant you make a new account with some kind of connection to these old ones (same payment card/paypal, address, ip, hardware id's/d3 folder, etc.) you will be autoflagged again and high priority to be reviewed and banned again. blizz has it down pat, this is not an arms race the average person can win.
    Last edited by TanookiLover; 07-22-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Smashwa's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might sound stupid, but how big was the botting scene in Diablo 2? I assume there was less botting since characters could be edited etc?

mrbondad's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How I can change the IP of the virtual machine and do it undetectable?

Thank you,

TanookiLover's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Smashwa View Post
    This might sound stupid, but how big was the botting scene in Diablo 2? I assume there was less botting since characters could be edited etc?
    d2 botted for years without issue, d3 bot for 2 months and already they had 2 big banwaves.

everyone and their mothers botted in d2 and nobody cared

there were people duping every day also, there were like 5-10 different dupes that went public throughout. and still many more private dupes.

they never banned for mh or pickit either, unless you were using very old detected ones.

there were IRC channels set up specifically to keep track of vendored SOJ's and trigger Uber Diablo to get Unique Charms

i also got some good items by item dueling (2 players drop the items on the ground at the same time and do their best to try to screw each other over lol)

also caught a couple people trying to mule their items by creating the game (it stays up for 5 mins) dropping the item anywhere, then rejoin to pick it up on the mule. if you find the item before they can get to it, you just pick it up lol. in this case, i gave the items back

in pvp, when you die you have to run naked and pick up your body to get your items back (they can kill you too while you're running lol, so the person is trying to click the body ASAP). my friends and I would dump white/grey items all over the body so it autoequips on them if they click those, and when they pick up the body and they have no inventory space, their gear literally unequips and drops on the ground, you just scoop it up and laugh your ass off in vent

those were the good times ^_^ as you can see botting was just something on the side, there were much more fun exploits to participate in all throughout the years

i've no idea what went on in d2 from 2005-present, only played before that

...characters could be edited, what? the online was separate from the offline.. i know nobody botted in Titan Quest because you could just hack all your items offline, and then bring them online to use afterwards.
    Last edited by TanookiLover; 07-23-2012 at 12:18 PM.

poissonorb's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by TanookiLover View Post
    d2 botted for years without issue, d3 bot for 2 months and already they had 2 big banwaves.

they never banned for mh or pickit either, unless you were using very old detected ones.

i've no idea what went on in d2 from 2005-present, only played before that
    rmah in d3, no rmah in d2..

scubafossil's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    buy a vpn.

Mupa's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool tips, thanks for sharing

MacGregor's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by scubafossil View Post
    buy a vpn.
    Know a good one ? Most only propose tunneling for Web protocols.