0/0
    Trade Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Review] All D3 Botting Methods.

As I havn't seen many of these posts and they would've helped me before, I thought I should make a topic on my personal and unbiased experience with the various botting methods in D3.

I have tried and tested all the main methods and I feel I am now able to give a decent review on all of them.

I am currently running 5 bots from 1 PC on a VPN.

Immortal Bot
    My experience with IB was good, while it lasted anyway, I was able to average around 500k/hr on a Demon Hunter in Arreat Core. This bot is extremely fast at navigation and has a very good waypoint system. The downside of IB is the lack of its ability to do quests, go through portals, etc. Whilst I used it, I wasn't able to do Sarkoth runs and things like Zoltun Kulle farming were literally impossible.

The User Interface is nice and user friendly and I rarely ever experienced crashes with it. I got 1 ban using Immortal Bot after around 2 weeks of 24/7 farming. The huge downfall I had with Immortal Bot was, because of their website being down and because the bot ties itself to one Battle.net account, I am unable now to use IB until they put their website back online.

Demon Buddy
    So far, Demon Buddy, technically is the best bot for high GPH. I average around 580k/hr on a Demon Hunter farming Sarkoth. The bot has great customization, allowing users to program and script their own profiles and plugins. This bot seems to be able to do pretty much anything you want it to as long as you put in the time and effort to create a good plugin/profile.

The only problem I have with Demon Buddy, is crashes. Demon Buddy crashes - alot. Meaning you have to often babysit your bots. AFKing overnight is 50/50, some mornings I'll wake up with no crashes, and others, with crashes. Different profiles, versions of Demon Buddy and D3 itself all add to the chance of a crash. This is currently the biggest problem with DB but it is still a great bot. The staff behind DB are currently having legal issues that disallow them to sell the bot at this moment in time - so just like with Immortal Bot, the bot is currently unavaliable (as most of you will already know)

Hell Buddy
    Personally, I avoided Hell Buddy at the start simply because it had a lot of ban reports - but I gave in after a while and gave it a shot. To my surprise, the bot is actually really good. They have a program called the Hell Buddy Launcher that allows you to create profiles for each of your characters and once you have set a profile to start, even if Diablo crashes, the Launcher restarts the bot - this for me is a great feature, it means I can go AFK without worrying too much about crashes.

I average around 460k/hr in Arreat Core using a DH.

I have had the Launcher crash though, meaning all bots crashed until you come back and manually adjust, but this is rare. The bot also has a very nice built in quest editor, where you can create scripts by only using buttons, meaning anyone can make a profile without being able to script/code. I made a custom Arreat Core profile in literally 5-10 minutes.

One other thing, I was also able to setup a server which they have a tutorial for on their forum, which allows me to view my bots progress from my other computer. This is really handy as it lets me see all of my bots remotely and it shows their GPH / Gold in bag / Current Level / etc. Really good for monitoring crashing when you're not on your main PC. My main PC is in my bedroom but I am often in my living room with my laptop so for me this is amazing.

The only bad thing I can think about with Hell Buddy is the lack of skill customization, I havn't yet found a way to, for example, tell my bot to only cast Summon Companion: Ferret once at the start of the run. It seems to just take whatever spells you give it and use them when its in combat. However, this is easily fixed using a Key Spam program and telling Hell Buddy to not use a specific spell.

AutoIt Scripts
    As they are free, I can't say anything really bad about using AutoIt to bot, but simply for the fact that it is free, compared to the actual D3 bots, pretty much every point is under-par in my opinion. You have to run AutoIt scripts in their pre-set resolution - meaning people like me running multiple bots pretty much NEED to run a Virtual Machine - wasting valuable RAM.

AutoIt also uses pixelsearch which is dependant on CPU, my computer is good but I'm pretty much maxed out when I get to 6 bots, which is why I run 5 (Less chance of crashing) but I would assume with 5 AutoIt bots and 5 Virtual Machines, my computer would have a tough time. Again though, this method is free so I can totally understand why some people prefer it.

D3Mimic
    I have to say, this bot overall is kinda... terrible lol. But atleast it works, it's not the fastest bot but it does perform well enough to farm. There is no customization, you just use their preset profiles like Arreat Core. It's nice that they have a 6 hour trial for $1, I baught 4 trials and tried it out for a day - it wasn't completely bad, but I wouldn't recommend a full subscription as there is simply better bots on offer.

Final Verdict:
    If I were to reccomend one bot, at this moment in time it would be Hell Buddy. It has good customization features and great anti-crash support. My GPH isn't as high as with DB, because there is a specific profile on DB called AGB which makes Sarkoth runs really fast, BUT HellBuddy makes up for the GPH loss due to the fact that is simple stays online all the time.

When DB sort out their bot sales and crashes though, DB all the way.

Hope this post can help some of you!

Peace

[Review] All D3 Botting Methods.
    sycksyn's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IB seems to be having legal issues too based on his recent posts.
    DB crashes a lot which is the biggest complaint
    HB seemed to have gotten a lot of people banned.

autoit scripts / etc are a big no no - everyone who gets banned seems to have been running them.

Testament29's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u forgot tntd3

xPocky24's Avatar Member CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question: Has anyone gotten banned transferring gold from a bot account to a non-bot account? I'm wondering because I'm thinking of buying 1 account to bot just for personal gold usage. What do you guys think?

Broberts's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mirrors my experience pretty closely. I would add that Demonbuddy, besides being crash prone, takes a lot more CPU resources than the others and Hellbuddy seems to eat up more RAM. I can run 3 IB bots smoothly on a spare machine that struggles hard with two instances of Demonbuddy going.

westman4949's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    with the recent Ban im wondering why no one is asking the Obvious Question about how many clients they were using from the same PC- i have a hunch that single users were safe, but people running Vm and mulitiple accounts from the same computer may have been targeting- easier to spot to seeing how you would have mulitiple clients coming from the same ip address-
    other Obvious question would be the time- ban wave happened last night didnt it? wonder if it only happened to people who were botting at that time?

MonsterMMORPG's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    44/48
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are there any professional ah bot ?

Carbette's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no way to obtain Immortal Bot and Demon Buddy? I've heard of people getting theirs updated and I'd like a version, but there is no way to obtain one now?

Testament29's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    u can buy db if ure not from Germany , and about Ib sales closed atm !

imcheemo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use portals on IB btw. It's in the navigation bot setting.

dan1982's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demon Buddy is not as good as I expected,it is easy to crash than other bot,take more cpu resources than other bot and the most important thing is many DB users get banned last week.

many people choose DB because it is safe,but it is not safe anymore,at least not safer than other.

Crotaphytus112's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by dan1982 View Post
    Demon Buddy is not as good as I expected,it is easy to crash than other bot,take more cpu
    The same problem with Gatherbuddy and Honourbuddy (two bots for WoW produced by the same team), atleast when I used them back in the day.

MonsterMMORPG's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    44/48
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so there is not even single pro ah bot

Carbette's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by imcheemo View Post
    You can use portals on IB btw. It's in the navigation bot setting.
    Could you explain what you mean by this?

saybrook's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Carbette View Post
    Could you explain what you mean by this?
    Hit delete while in game, under the navigation menu theres an option to use portals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast