0/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DJRehab's Cheat Engine Tutorial

Since I got some positive feedback from the tutorial I wrote on WPE Pro I decided to write an informative tutorial on Cheat Engine 5.3 (although I do believe there is a tutorial for this on the site already).

Hopefully I can enlighten n00bs how to use this tool to prevent n00bish questions around the forums. Note that some of the information in this tutorial may already be on the site and I have not performed a search and studied other posts on the topic of Cheat Engine so I apologize if any or even all of this was covered in another topic.

PART I - What is Cheat Engine and Where to Download It

Cheat Engine 5.3 (from now on referred to as CE) is the latest version out and is a very useful memory searching tool which can be used to edit client-side data in the game. CE allows the user to search through the games memory whether trying to locate a memory address with a known value, or even an unknown value, to modify to the users wants. The latest version of CE can be found at http://cheatengine.org/download.php

Some programs detect CE and will close all together (maybe WoW does this on Live, but I wouldnt know because I only use hacks on private servers). Because of this, many people have release there own builds of CE that prevent this detection called a UCE (Undetectable Cheat Engine). I'm sure there are a few UCEs around on the forum just use the search function. I use CE for private servers so an undetectable build is not needed, but for Live servers the warden probably will detect CE so you may need to find a good UCE not found by warden or build your own UCE (use google there are tutorials and guides walking you through making your own UCE).

Part II - Setting Up CE to Fit Your Needs

Upon loading CE for the first time, you will need to make some modification to the default settings to provide you with a more efficient tool. At the top right of the window there is a CE Logo and the word "Settings" beneath it. Click "Settings". In the "Code Finder" Tab most of the default settings should be fine, but you should check the box next to "Try to prevent detection of debugger" as it may fool a games cheat detection method (once again, I'm not sure about Warden). Also make sure the "Try to prevent detection of Debugger" is also checked in the Assembler tab. Another way of detection prevention is in the "Extras" tab where there are two boxes that start with the caption "Stealth Mode". Check both these boxes, and ignore the warnings and give it the OK to enable stealth mode when you click the bottom stealth mode box. The settings should be fine for now, and I wont go into detail about the rest of the options and what they do...just mess with them or PM me if you have a question about any of the settings.

Now you must attach it to a running process (wow.exe). Start by opening WoW and logging in to the game. If your WoW is set up to full-screen press ESC and click Video Options then check the box next to "Windowed Mode". Now go to CE and click the top left icon of the computer with the magnifying glass which is select process. Look through the list and if WoW was the last program you opened it should be at the bottom "wow.exe" (If warden detects CE do not ask me about it, I know NOTHING about Live Servers and do NOT support hacking/cheating on them). Now you are ready to start searching and modifying memory addresses in WoW.

Part III - Searching and the Search Types

Now there are a few ways to search for addresses in CE in the "Scan Type" dropbox. If you know the EXACT value of the address you are searching for than select "Exact Value". Memory Addresses that are not obvious, and the current value at the memory address is not known, click on "Unknown Value" Scan Type. You can also use Less Than, Greater Than..., Value Between..., and Unknown Value

MORE COMMING SOON (Time For Bed)

DJRehab's Cheat Engine Tutorial
    ki1140369's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: DJRehab's Cheat Engine Tutorial

I tried CE but when i enable speedhack it says i need windows 200+ or sumtihin liike that... i have windows vista PLEASE help

NeonMonkeys's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it says i need windows 200+ or sumtihin liike that... i have windows vista PLEASE help
    ....lol

Kaboose_1337's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by ki1140369 View Post
    I tried CE but when i enable speedhack it says i need windows 200+ or sumtihin liike that... i have windows vista PLEASE help
    go to properties and than Run as Windows XP with SP2

dal2k's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wish u could finish the tutorial or sum1 at least tell me how i figure out what my health,strength and that stuff is for world of warcraft are,cause i cant figure out what they Are :\

Zonda's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

doesnt matter if u find out what ur health and strength r because i may look to u like you have 9999999 health and 999999 strength but its client side only

alphawolff's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

soz....FINISH! plz

Le Froid's Avatar Contributor