0/1
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Commando removed!

If you played a lot of multiplayer in modern warfare 2 then you should know all about the commando perk. This perk increased your melee distance and was often paired with lightweight, which allowed you to run faster. You had players just running around knifing people from 5 feet away while being sprayed with bullets. If you upgraded to the Pro version it removed falling damage. Then you had people jumping off buildings and knifing you from a distance. While it was fun if you were knifing people it was frustrating on the other end because it seemed like their increased melee distance was too much.

The developers for Modern Warfare 3 took note and have stated this perk has been removed from the game. Robert Bowling responded to a tweet on twitter about the melee system and announced its removal. He also stated the melee system has been balanced.

Its been balanced, plus Commando is no longer in the game. Beyond that, you’ll have to wait and see.

I don’t think we are going to hear many complaints about this perks removal. If you relied on this build to get kills then you may be upset but I would imagine you are in the minority. I’m sure you will still be able to knife people you just wont be flying at me with a knife in your hand anymore.
    Any thoughts regarding this?

Commando removed!
    Remus3's Avatar Hobby 3D Character Artist Ex-Super Mod CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    3/7
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good riddance?

Think before you post. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Ket's Avatar Legendary
    CoreCoins Purchaser Authenticator enabled
    Thanks G/R
    600/313
    Trade Feedback
    29 (93%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the melee distance was too much yes but I do like to have a perk that has no falling damage as it allows for different tactics on certain maps.

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commando was pretty bad, but explosions were even worse. Glad they are changing it in MW3, although I do hope they bring back a no fall damage perk.

The Spec Ops trailer showed most of the perks from MW1 returning so hope they give us some new ones also.

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Commando was just ridiculous, in some situations it really killed the game for me. I mean, it had its perks for certain situations like Ket said, but I dunno makes the game kind of lame. Then again, its just point and shoot, not too much tactic to it. The dumbest is the one perk where you could switch ur class on the fly, and people would just go to noob tube class over and over again and just spam the shit.

Terrorblade's Avatar Contributor I spent 5k CC and all I got was this user title
    CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    6/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to see it's removal it created a lot of imbalance, now lets hope they don't have riot shield.
    Stuff & Things

Dr. Doom's Avatar Elite User

Thanks G/R
    4/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao, riot shields make me so irritated. Have like a barely visible spot to shoot at, and they don't really lose any armor. Was there riot shields in MW2? I can't remember.

shadowsx's Avatar Bawx Lurker CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Doom View Post
    Lmao, riot shields make me so irritated. Have like a barely visible spot to shoot at, and they don't really lose any armor. Was there riot shields in MW2? I can't remember.
    Yes, but it was stupid to use it. It would only piss people off, and they are easy to kill with a semtex. I really didn't see them that often, i hated the marathon lightweight commando runners the most, and the one man army tubers.

Kyle1826's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These guys are always changing things.