Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raiding/Instance Runs for Dummies!

Hey guys, Pukka here..
    Today, im in somewhat of an awful mood.. I find that im kicking myself over and over at the sheer.. cluelessness of some people in wow. So i guess this isnt for the MMOwned community.. its for me, If i create this thread.. Hopefully my problem will disappear..

What is this problem i've got you ask.. People wanting to jump straight into raiding as soon as they hit 85!

Dont get me wrong, It's great that people want to raid.. Hey, more tanks for me to recruit.. But what isn't great about it is the fact that people are not willing to put in the effort at gaining some common knowledge to give them a little head start. So i am writing this article to help you lazy ****ers out!

Enjoy!

DPS CYCLES

You wouldn't believe how many people do not know what a DPS Cycle is.. well, To my understanding, a DPS Cycle is the optimal order in which you cast/use your spells/abilities to produce maximum DPS. Still dont get me? Check out

MaxDPS

Simply enter your realm, character name and your region then MaxDPS will tell you in which order to use your spells for maximum DPS.. DPS Cycle!

AM I RAID READY?

If your asking that.. Probably not, If all this talk about iLvl and GearScore/PlayerScore is confusing you.. Forget it! Seriously! A tool i found really helpful when i was starting out is

WowHeroes

This amazing site will literally tell you which instances/raids you should be doing, what enchants you need, what gems you need and even what gear you need! It is literally the bible for noob raiders! Check it out!

LITTLE THINGS THAT REALLY PISS ME OFF!

Durability.. **** my life! If your a hardcore raider just reading this for giggles, did you facepalm when i said durability? I did. Seriously, if you enter a raid and 10 seconds later you need to hearth back to your home city to repair.. Firstly it's not efficient at all.. and most importantly.. IT PISSES EVERYONE OFF! Please, Repair before entering a raid!

Flasks.. Back when i was pro.. If i even thought about entering a raid without my flasks, my guild would literally hurl abuse at me and ban me from raiding for the rest of the day/night. Flasks can be the difference between life and death. And they help shitloads! Your DPS can sometimes increase by 1-2k by simply drinking a flask

Eating.. The same as flasks really.. If their is a fish feast laying infront of you, You better park your arse and munch on that badboy like their is a drought and all the fish will shortly die! Well Fed buffs are amazing and should not be forgotten!

EDIT: TALENT TREES

If you want to be a tank as a warrior.. its not the best idea to go fury or arms is it? So browse a couple of forums, look around MMOwned or even search google for something like "Best Warrior Tank Spec". After all, whats the point of building it yourself if someone has already done it for you!
    Then, after time, you will have the knowlege to create your own talent spec or fine tune someone elses!

P.S - If you do want to tank as a warrior, grab a shield and go protection!

EDIT: USEFUL LINKS

WowEU - Browse the forums - Great for everyone
    WowUS - Browse the forums - Great for everyone
    TankSpot - Great for tanks
    WowHeroes - Incase you missed it
    MaxDPS - Incase you missed it

Thats all i have for now, I will keep this thread updated, Please feel free to comment on what you would like adding to this little guide/wall of text!

Thanks for having me!
    Pukka
    Last edited by Pukka; 01-01-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Raiding/Instance Runs for Dummies!
    BlodyWarior's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    5/7
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tankspot is not just great for tanks it also has loads of tactics vids wich are realy good and also support DPS/Healing classes

ohmaigawd's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MaxDPS has wrong rotation for unholy dks and no rotations whatsoever for frost dks :O (not updated for cata)

~OhMaiGawdGFX on deviantART