Easier "That's a lot of Bait" Achievement (to get Seafood Magnifique Feast) menu

User Tag List

barnard2oo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easier "That's a lot of Bait" Achievement (to get Seafood Magnifique Feast)

I'm a long time leecher trying to finally contribute =)

First of all, this guide uses the Pool of Blood mechanic in Borean Tundra. You kill an animal to get the 3-minute debuff called "Animal Blood". Then you jump into the nearest deep body of water (Lake Kum'uya in this guide) to create a pool of blood. You can then fish this pool of blood to count for the guild achievement "That's A Lot of Bait" which rewards the recipe for the Cata fish feast. I realize you get junk from these pools, but this method is much more predictable and can be repeated hours on end. I could see that this may be seen as an exploit and I understand Blizzard probably didn't intend this, but as far as I can tell it is working as it should. Thus, I am posting it here. Here is a screen shot of where I do this:

1. Kill an animal to receive the "Animal Blood" debuff (such as a Wooly Mammoth)
    2. Jump into a body of water to create a Pool of Blood
    3. Fish this pool

Side note: This can be made much much easier by using a bot to kill the animal for you and then fish the pool, rinse and repeat. I use a mac and thus use the Pocket Gnome mac bot. I have this all automated.

This can also be used to fish up the Sea Turtle mount
    I can not confirm this myself, but El's Anglin website does say this is true. Here is the link. It is mentioned about half way down.

Easier "That's a lot of Bait" Achievement (to get Seafood Magnifique Feast)
    Grif's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i at least will find this useful. Quite some for that matter (turtle farm) So +rep to you sir!

Mgssidley's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what kind of bot would you use to kill something, walk into the water, then fish it for a few minutes?(Other than Pocket Gnome, for Windows)

barnard2oo7's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mgssidley View Post
    So what kind of bot would you use to kill something, walk into the water, then fish it for a few minutes?(Other than Pocket Gnome, for Windows)
    Can someone else answer this? I use my macbook for botting and my pc for my main account for raiding and whatnot. My knowledge of pc bots is somewhat non-existent.

LuvHackers's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sea Turtle mount can be caught from "any" pool in Northrend and any Cataclysm-level pool. Any except quest-only pools, such School of Tasty Reef Fish. Turtles are simply very rare catches from these pools. Expect to catch thousands of fish from pools before finding a turtle. (I got this source from Catching the Sea Turtle Mount - El's Extreme Anglin' - WoW Fishing Guide)

Edit: The Sea Turtle can also be caught from a Pool of Blood (normally only fished for a daily quest, but possible to create without the quest - thanks Noellis). Sorry, happy fishing

Presto!'s Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is much easier if done with your guildies. i had me + 7 of my guildies doing this method last week, 6 fishing 2 gathering blood and dropping pools. we got 1000 casts in about an hour.

Lishious's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice find, thank you! +rep