Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tip - If you're looking to level archaeology, start at level 80!

Hi.

As most of you know, you now gain experience from gathering things like herbs and ores. The same goes for Archaeology fragments. So if you are planning to get archaeology to max skill when you ding 85 - start at 80 instead. You gain LOTS of experience. I don't know if you could do this with herbalism/mining too, but even if you can you will have competition then. In arcaeology you can't have competition because all dig sites are individual.

I was bored at level 82 yesterday, so I started doing archaeology, and noticed I was gaining 9188 experience per fragment I found. At first I thought "meh", this will probably go down once the fragments become yellow/green/grey. But it never did. I don't gain skill points from fragments anymore (I am at about 105 archaeology), but I do gain 9188 exp still. So yesterday I gained about 100*9188 = 918800 experience from casually flying around while chatting with friends.

I know this is pretty common knowledge but I find it nice to be ahead in levels for the zones I am questing in. And it shouldn't take very much time to go from 80 -> 81 (the exp I gained yesterday would have taken me more than half way there) with this technique combined with a good archeology guide like this one with an addon like SAL.
    Last edited by StarletRox; 12-18-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Tip - If you're looking to level archaeology, start at level 80!
    gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i did this on release night, played from 12 till about 6.

In that time i got around 600k xp, suppose its good if your not bothered about leveling fast.

Think i was getting around 5k or 7k xp per dig

Also my warrior went from 80 to 83 from herbing/mining in a couple of days, think in uldum just gatheirng you can put out about 500k xp an hour,.

Hyjal is about 200k an hour.
    Last edited by gippy; 12-18-2010 at 07:09 AM.

Dale93's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So yeah, we all know that Mining/herbing = Tons of money, especially when combined... So i decided to do this with my druid when I was about 82 and ran a little bit low on cash, I grabbed Mining and Herbalism, started out at skill 1, by the time I got to 525 in both proffessions I were 84,5 got a little bit over two levels and I earned over 19k just from skilling both of them (And I even used alot of the ores etc to skill Engineering on my Mage with)

But basically, when you start out, you get 20xp per node, thats not much, it will slowly be more and more untill you come to Northrend where you suddenly jump over to 2k, now that is better, when you are at 425 in both proffs you will want to go to Hyjal/Vash'jir, I personally went with Hyjal as a guide I was following told me to do so, wasted about two hours here because it was overfarmed, and then I read a guide here on MMOWned (its located in the guides section) about a route in Abyssal Dephts wich was perfect for druids, its under-water (hence you can pop Aquatic Form and swim away from mobs at 500% swim speed (with glyph)), it has lots of nodes and there is very few people there... At this place I was making actually 1,1m xp/h (Yes, watson, thats correct...) wich in other words means that I used about 4-5 hours/level my druid is now 85, and since 82 I was only using my gathering proffs to skill from, I tested some of the other zones, like Uldum, Twilight and Deepholme, but these zones are so overfarmed I could barely do 400k/hour...

So if you aint going for fast leveling, but rather tons of money, I would get these two proffs... My bank char's Statistics Page used to be 87k gold from Auctions, its now at 211k from Auctions, and I have even sold Ores/herbs in bulks for about 20-30k to people...

I used about 2 hours skilling from 1-275 in both professions, and now you might be thinking: "oh gawd, two hours of that shit, no thx bro" but seriously, try it out... You ALWAYS got atleast two gold marks on your map, you never run out of nodes and in WPL I even found a bugged Iron Deposit that were 16 nodes ON TOP OF EACHOTHER... It's a great world...