5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious Camel Figurine | New TLPD

Hello guys, this is my first guide, i hope you like it. The informations are collected trough wowhead and some personal experience. So lets get started:

With Cataclysm there is a new Rare Mount called Reins of the Grey Riding Camel - Item - World of Warcraft . You can get it from Dormus the Camel-Hoarder - NPC - World of Warcraft but he doesnt just spawn and you can kill him, you need to be 1. lucky and 2. persistent.

How to get to Dormus:

In Uldum there are few Mysterious Camel Figurine - NPC - World of Warcraft , they are as small as a critter and look like a normal camel. If you find one you can loot it and have a 5% chance to get ported to Steampools in Feralas where Dormus will spawn and you have ~20 Minutes to kill him (he has roughly 225k HP, so most of you can solo him). the other 95% the camel will fall to dust and you can loot Crumbled Statue Remnants - Item - World of Warcraft. It sells for 25g to the vendor, so a little solace for not getting ported.

How to find the little Camels:

There are 3 Methods which i will explain:

1. Oldschool -> Macro

Just create a macro with "/target Mysterious Camel Figurine" while you fly over Uldum. I would not recommend this method since u need to press your macro all the time. a good addition to the standart target macro would be:

Code:
    /target Mysterious Camel Figurine
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\Creature\Ragnaros\Ragnaros Slay01.wav")
    so you will hear if you find it.

2. The Addon -> NPCScan

This Addon is used for finding Raremobs without needing for everyone a macro. You will need to add the NPC ID of the Figurine which is:
    Code:
    You can download it here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...s/npcscan.aspx

3. The Trackhack -> Quicktrack

Thanks to http://www.mmowned.com/forums/members/182671-apoc.html there is a trackhack called Quicktrack (you can find the thread here: http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...king-hack.html ) and thanks to http://www.mmowned.com/forums/member...-jujubosc.html it is updated for 4.0.3a (Download: Tanaris Uploads - File download )

With this little program its really easy to find the little camels. just start it as admin, go to the name tab and add the name "Mysterious Camel Figurine" and it works like a charm and you will see a green dot if a Figurine is in range.

The Spawnlocations

If you look at the wowhead map you can see some spawnpoints, but i dont believe thats all.

i marked 2 areas which you should check if you fly your laps (i didnt find any figurines there but i only search for 2 days now). if someone finds a figurine in the areas pls let me know with coords and i will edit it in

Dont give up if you wont find any at your first lap, there are some theories about the spawn which you can read in the comment section of wowhead (Mysterious Camel Figurine - NPC - World of Warcraft). Some things i can acknowledge:

-) Sometimes there is no single spawn in whole uldum so there need to be a respawntimer (24 hours or higher?)

-) there can be only 1 spawn in whole uldum (tested and seems to be true, i found one but didnt looted it and fly some more laps to see if there are another)

And some screenshots:

As you can see its really tiny.

One of the many trys but still not successfull

Mysterious Camel Figurine | New TLPD
    QwEEErtzu's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great post. I download it and now I extract into wow folder ( don't know where I must extract it) and when I start up i copy paste the name everythings fine but then I tho it prolly not working so I wrote another name "Leopard Scorpion" and it doesn't track em at all even I stand near it so it probably not tracking little camel too. And when I click ID code it pops this error

System.Exception: There's no current process handle...are you sure you did everything right?
    at QuickTrack.Native ReadBytes(IntPtr address, Int32 count)
    at QuickTrack ....
    at QuickTrack ....
    at QuickTrack ...
    and so on...
    Last edited by QwEEErtzu; 12-14-2010 at 10:13 AM.

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope this get's thrown into elite, just for a few days haha. i've been personally flying around for 7 hours (total time on and off) looking for these things, with such methods. found 1 so far, and really dont want 100's of people on my server to start too. great post, helpful tools. Thanks +rep

Dullface's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reppin' you up bro.
    Please water me.

DeathComesForU's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    11/27
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the tracking hack, been looking for it for a while for various reasons. So +rep for that

R4ndomizer's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Post, BUT the "new" TimeLost is the rare drake "Aeonaxx" who can spawn in deepholm and like the TimeLost drops a mount to 100 % if you kill him.
    THATS the mount he drops:

Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake - Item - World of Warcraft

Nipo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for you thanks!

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by evohans View Post
    I really hope this get's thrown into elite, just for a few days haha. i've been personally flying around for 7 hours (total time on and off) looking for these things, with such methods. found 1 so far, and really dont want 100's of people on my server to start too. great post, helpful tools. Thanks +rep
    Yeah throw it into elite when this info is all over wowhead/mmochamp rofl

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by clov View Post
    Yeah throw it into elite when this info is all over wowhead/mmochamp rofl
    difference between this post and wowhead/mmochamp - this gives a full tutorial of how to be a spaz and farm it too. where as those said sites, force you to have some what of a brain, and create your own method of search. i just don't want the dumb leeches of the site to know what i figured out all on my own (not saying it was difficult to figure out, but really...there were a few idiots who jacked my TLPD a few times in the past because they read great tutorials like this)

Forsak3n's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    5/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by QwEEErtzu View Post
    Great post. I download it and now I extract into wow folder ( don't know where I must extract it) and when I start up i copy paste the name everythings fine but then I tho it prolly not working so I wrote another name "Leopard Scorpion" and it doesn't track em at all even I stand near it so it probably not tracking little camel too. And when I click ID code it pops this error

System.Exception: There's no current process handle...are you sure you did everything right?
    at QuickTrack.Native ReadBytes(IntPtr address, Int32 count)
    at QuickTrack ....
    at QuickTrack ....
    at QuickTrack ...
    and so on...
    did you run quicktrack as administrator?if yes try to reinstall your .net framework

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell if I extract in right place, yes I run addon as admin, and sadly I don't know how to reinstall and what is .net framework. If you have time making another post and guide me a bit would be nice.

ev1's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by QwEEErtzu View Post
    Can you tell if I extract in right place, yes I run addon as admin, and sadly I don't know how to reinstall and what is .net framework. If you have time making another post and guide me a bit would be nice.
    this is exactly what i'm talking about

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point proven.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you trying to say lil ray of sunshine ? I can't ask for help how to install that thingie or what. If its anything with negative meaning to me go play a smart ass somewhere else

Muhammad.R1's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    3/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate! Thank you alot <3 ! I just got the mount i followed your guide and then went to temple of uldum in the top corner and it was there! And i was teleported and i got the mount! Thank you alot +rep

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast