• 1.1 - Start -> First Bridge
      • 1.2 - First Bridge -> Cloud Princes
      • 1.3 - Grand Vizier Ertan -> Howling Gales
      • 1.4 - Altairus -> Skyfall Star [Set 1]
      • 1.5 - Skyfall Star [Set 1] -> Skyfall Star [Set 2]
    • 2. Halls of Origination - Warlock Tricks [Bonus]
      • 2.1 - Enslave Demon and You!

1. Vortex Pinnacle

Alright, welcome to The Vortex Pinnacle, home of Al'Akir's armies of angry and annoying air elementals. Lore behind it is that Al'Akir, the air lord has struck a deal with the big bad Deathwing and plans to slaughter Uldum and it's population along with it! So it is up to us (as always!) to go through this place in search of loot and murder everything we see!

As always, some adventurers prefer to get this done as quickly as possible; the others don't. This guide is made to cater for both lootwhores and speed runners (or both!) So sit back and enjoy the read and hopefully you'll learn a few new tricks in the elemental plane of air!

1.1 Start -> First Bridge

Okay so you've first entered the instance, that first trash pack looks rather time consuming right? Wrong. Walk your way around the circumference of the circle clockwise

Now, as you see when you come up onto the first bridge, there are two patrols, simply send your tank down first then followed by the healer and dps and you'll have no problem!

1.2 - First Bridge -> Cloud Princes

You should now be on a plain platform with a Lurking Tempest, it should be no trouble but if it is just look at it! Take the next jump onto the cylindrical platform seen below then walk forward until the invisible wall and drop. You'll be magically lifted to the cloud prince bridge and you've just avoided all the mobs on the swirly slope! [However, you miss out on a lot of rare volatile air dropping from the mobs so don't skip these if you want it!]

Grand Vizier Ertan
    An extremely easy fight, stand in the middle and nuke is it. Even when the cyclones contract in the middle, stand there - make sure your healer pops any AoE ground heals and gives special attention to that hunter and his deadzone!

[Most damage is during the cyclone contraction I was actually able to outheal this boss during a normal phase with Drain Life on my heroic geared warlock, so be ready!]

1.3 - Grand Vizier Ertan -> Howling Gales

There is no way to skip the mobs on the inital and last ramp that I have found, so these need to die. Aside that everything is skippable! Just kill the initial mobs, run up the left ramp and jump off the top. You'll be slung into the bridge with the Howling Gales on it, make sure to send in someone with an instant cast such as a warlock with fel flame or a mage with ice lance. After this you'll see a large circle with four assasins patrolling, just wait till the patrols are out of aggro range and run around as shown in the second picture. As mentioned before, these last mobs either need to be killed or tanked to the top and have a timed jump off the edge to reset their aggro! Then it's on to Altairus!

Altairus
    A moderate fight, your party must fight upwind of altairus (move to the side of him the wind is coming from) this is relative to altairus so I have found it best for him to be tanked in the middle. The only real AoE damage is his breath which will NEED to be avoided for a heroic kill.

[On heroic there are also tornadoes which spawn all around the arena, this makes it more complicated to move but still an easy to ignore mechanic if you are good. It is also worth noting on heroic here are 2 golden orbs to be obtained but these can be obtained by sacrificing a DPS then resetting aggro off the edge.]

1.4 - Altairus -> Skyfall Star [Set 1]

After altairus run around the first bit of trash, note the guy highlighted red. Run up the spiral (wind speed buff) and you'll be at trash #2. Wait until they patrol to the far side and run to the lamp then when theyve patrolled back run forward again and you'll be at the Skyfall Stars, just AoE nuke them down!

1.6 - Skyfall Star [Set 1] -> Skyfall Star [Set 2]

Have your group move as a unit off the edge as shown, if done correctly the packs will reset and you'll be at the bottom platform with skyfall stars! Just run in and murder Asaad!

Asaad

A terribly easy boss, just stand in his grounding fields when he makes them and spread for chain lightning and you have a dead boss and his loot!

This is all for vortex pinnacle, I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did making it! Of course I don't expect the whirlwind fall glitches to last forever but the rest still stands! Good luck and have fun! Warlocks be sure to read on!

2. Halls of Origination - Warlock Tricks [Bonus]

2.1 - Enslave Demon and You!

Now, as with most warlocks I remember when Enslave demon was actually useful and not a gimmick, ever since I've been experimenting with different slaves and I found one in halls of origination which was particularly interesting! For a little insight, here's what the demon sets you up with! [Additive to the nasty void zone spell!]

For starters, yes Anti-Magic Prison works on Bosses and other healing mobs, secondly as far as I tested Shadow Bolt Volley doesn't diminish with more enemies and hits for a solid 10k on each mob. For the fight this demon comes before this is hilariously OP, just set it on the adds and it will spam shadowbolt volley for 10k every 10 seconds, rocketing this pet ahead of any warlock summonable! On top of this you griefers get a nice present, a hostile void zone spell. This'll place a hostile void zone which does 15k a second to friendly units INCLUDING the actual pet so this has some use if you want to kill it extremely quickly. So far until now I've said it is a singular pet when in reality there are two NPC's with the same name. The one on the left before Setesh has the void zone and shadowbolt volley, the one on the right has Anti-Magic Prison. The adds spawned during the fight also share the right NPC's features. Here are some nice pictures of these incidents [Name blanked due to usage of questionable methods of skipping the instance!

It's priceless, really. Anyway this took a considerable amount of time to write up, and I'd ask you to not copy it anywhere outside of mmowned. (of course exceptions to the first part of the guide) Enjoy your fast heroic and hilarious griefing. Peace!
    [It goes without saying any errors will be fixed and any additions are welcome!]
    Last edited by Parrky; 12-12-2010 at 11:05 PM.

Heroic Dungeoneer's Handbook - The Vortex Pinnacle! [Bonus Included!]
    myndz's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice guide keep it on.

Clovian's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely well detailed, excellent guide. +rep

zZippo's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O wow! THIS will help with the heroic grinding!
    +rep

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very detailed guide nice job, would love to see more from you.

I would recommend putting this in the public guides section (usually we only use elite guides for paid guides or for guides that are too sensitive to expose to a vast number of users). Let me know if you want me to move it.

Parrky's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I was thinking it'd be patched if this was widespread but sure, move it if you wish!

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok moving to normal guides section

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers!

Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Shendox's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome guide, espacially the enslaving thing +Rep

LindeCutah's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +rep for all your effort, amazing guide!

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome details and explanations, this is how a guide should be made. Good job!

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

[the Sills]'s Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alot of info, nicely written and sexy pics

lighty1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awesome, thank you! +rep

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you guys like it, I'm in progress of noting other handy things which make heroics faster overall to complete. Of course it won't be as long as this but it'll be a pretty big compendium of tips such as the warlock enslave. I might test the mettle of our tanks and see the longest soul stone trash skip I can manage, I've already got a few thoughts where it'd come particularly handy.

danbirk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guide couldnt be better
    Glad i decied to look at youre threads so i found this haha
    + rep when i can