Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Selling Northrend stuff on the AH

STOP

If your server is anything like mine there not a lot to lose by doing this. Right now everyone is trying to get rid of their Northrend stuff, so prices have dropped to 2-10% of what it was a month ago. So don't bother undercutting, but take a chance and wait.

Why? Simple...right now supply is high and demand is low which causes prices to drop. Noone needs those eternals or frozen orbs right now. So I suggest keeping em for a while and wait for the following.

1. Wait for a better AH moment.
      When everyone else has sold their stuff there won't be many people offering stuff, but there will still be a "low" demand for stuff because of leveling alts. Selling your stuff then will allow you to price it higher.
    2. We'll be making a lot more gold in Cata so prices on AH stuff will go up. We saw this in previous expansions too.

These two factors are likely to get you more than 2 gold for that eternal.

I can't garantee that you'll get more gold, but just look at some of the prices right now. For some items they are just hovering over vendor price. For these items there is pretty much nothing to lose. If you don't want to take big chances only apply it to these items and AH the rest now.

Happy auctioning!

Warning:
    The waiting does not work with epic gems! Since they can be replaced with better green cata gems. Get rid of these NOW!

Selling Northrend stuff on the AH
    qadcuk's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The economy on my server remains static. I suppose it's because it's a higher population PvE server.

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. People been selling saronite bars for 26g nowadays on my server, and others undercutting those by posting them for 25.99g. Are they really that desperate to get that 99 silver more over vendoring them =s. Northrend herbs also only goes for as low as 8g per stack. I'm trying to gamble on this by buying out the herbs, make glyphs then sell them during cata.

lighty1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SprayPlaster View Post
    Agreed. People been selling saronite bars for 26g nowadays on my server, and others undercutting those by posting them for 25.99g. Are they really that desperate to get that 99 silver more over vendoring them =s. Northrend herbs also only goes for as low as 8g per stack. I'm trying to gamble on this by buying out the herbs, make glyphs then sell them during cata.
    On my server there are alot of scribes (Including me) and many of them post at 60-100g, but then it always comes some prick that post it at 5-15g, yeah.. You don't want to be in my seat.

Mr. Parts's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    14/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my server fel iron and adamantite ore has been going for more than the saronite for example so with the inbound inflation and changes in demand and supply I think you'll be able to get more from your mats in a while.

It's a chance, but I myself am going to take it.

Swiftle's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you buy all that you can if prices are ridiculously low. Like for example Abyss Crystals going for as low as 5G. If you're impatient you can break them and resell them, but I'd wait for a few months when WotLK essences and dusts are scarce

Mad man's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by lighty1 View Post
    On my server there are alot of scribes (Including me) and many of them post at 60-100g, but then it always comes some prick that post it at 5-15g, yeah.. You don't want to be in my seat.
    i'd like to be in your seat, buying those low price glyphs to repost.

on my server prices are between 30 and 40g