0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheapest way to level JC in cata

This is not really a guide just some pointers, as this is what I'm going to do.

Please keep in mind: This is for people who do NOT have an alt with mining. and you are not buying ores and prospecting (Ofcourse you could do that, but then this is useless or close to)

Alright I searched my AH (Based on the Executus EU Horde Auction House), and King's Amber (Yellow) came out the cheapest, with prices ranging from 32g->60g . I bought 15 of those as I do not think skilling up more than 460 is worth it.

After that I'm gonna craft Smooth Alicite (Smooth Alicite - Spell - World of Warcraft), because as you can see here: Obsidium Ore - Item - World of Warcraft - Alicite is the highest % of all the gems, that means more Alicite is gonna be prospected and put into the AH, higher supply-> lower price. Aswell as crit gems being very easy to then sell.

At 485 you can learn the blue gems (source: MMO-Champion - Jewelcrafting Cataclysm) and as you can see Ocean Sapphire & Amberjewel have the highest prospect aswell as mined drop %.
    I'm gonna make combos of Smooth & Fractured Amberjewel aswell as Solid & Rigid Ocean Sapphire (depending on which gem is cheaper)

To be continued.

Hope you'd find this shiet somewhat useful.
    - Suckaah

Cheapest way to level JC in cata
    ISeeWhatUDid's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sample size of the prospected ore is so small that you can't really accurately use that to judge what you will get. The gems will be roughly the same % with a large sample size. That being said though, blue and yellow gems are generally cheaper and in higher supply anyway, so your method is still good. Just pointing that out.

zelghadis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    on the other way most 'useless' gems will be cheapest to buy (like green - nearly nobody buys them) - ppl tend to buy gem whoch they sell when they're cut. on the other hand u will surely lost the least on blue and yellow gems (red are always overpriced, as the give best stats). So if u're looking for cheapest powerlvling go to green, if cheapest over time (you won't sell all gems instantly, and price will drop) go yellow/blue.