1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mysterious Eggs, Future Gold Mine

For those that don't know there's a item called Mysterious Egg that is obtained by getting revered with the Oracles, this egg hatches in 3 days and has a chance to get you a rare mount or a pet. So, how will this be a gold mine?

In Cataclysm people won't be supplying the AH with the pets that hatch from this egg, there's probably going to be a new set of 25 daily quests that reward more gold and more valuable reputation, so anyone that isn't revered with Oracles on Cataclysm Launch probably won't be getting revered.

Just thought I'd throw this out there, as I haven't seen it mentioned.

Mysterious Eggs, Future Gold Mine
    Shayden85's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont think this will be a good profit maker, i already have like 13 companions on all my chars and cant any buyers and there are alot of them in AH, maybe at the late end of cataclysm maybe but i dont think so.

Sklug's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    209/221
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this only drops 2x companion pets... I don't really see it as being a HUGE gold maker... but worth it to buy it eveyr 3 days non-the less as the protodrake whelp sells for 200-300g and will prob go for 1k or so in CATA>.. granted, this is server dependant. Also, 1k will not be very much in Cata

zelghadis's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this drops 3 pets, not 2 Cobra, bird and whelp. Still They're soooooo common that nearly even half of alts got'em. On my server they're at 10g/ea and nobody buys them. Second thing is that ppl who already got revered will prolly same as now buy egg every now and then hoping for mount. And what because of Cata? You don't need to do any daily to get egg, just buy it, so neither can i see that one moment ppl will stop supplying AH with this worthless pets.

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by zelghadis View Post
    And what because of Cata? You don't need to do any daily to get egg, just buy it,
    Sorry my post was kind of sloppy, but I tried to state that people that weren't revered already probably won't be getting revered in Cataclysm because people are going to focus on Cataclysm content, also going to Northrend is a pain because they removed ports from Dalaran soo.. Yeah, potential to be a great money maker.

Toastie!'s Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Sklug View Post
    this only drops 2x companion pets... I don't really see it as being a HUGE gold maker... but worth it to buy it eveyr 3 days non-the less as the protodrake whelp sells for 200-300g and will prob go for 1k or so in CATA>.. granted, this is server dependant. Also, 1k will not be very much in Cata
    Originally Posted by zelghadis View Post
    Actually this drops 3 pets, not 2 Cobra, bird and whelp. Still They're soooooo common that nearly even half of alts got'em. On my server they're at 10g/ea and nobody buys them. Second thing is that ppl who already got revered will prolly same as now buy egg every now and then hoping for mount. And what because of Cata? You don't need to do any daily to get egg, just buy it, so neither can i see that one moment ppl will stop supplying AH with this worthless pets.
    Nope, both wrong. It drops 4 pets. The three Zelghadis mentioned plus one extra bird. Tickbird Hatchling and a White Tickbird Hatchling.