Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thorium and YOU - a "shattering" change to mining.

TL;DR -- Thorium aint easymode ungoro now.

[ Having seriouse issues with editing the post... seems like it like to change my shit all the time... ]

Starter: I usually write guides on the fly, updating and editing them a lot.

Talked about mithril and how it was "reborn" during the shattering here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...ter-hurry.html

Thorium
    Un'goro, as most miners know as Thorium heaven, got a nasty punch during the shattering.
    Many of the befor reachable nodes are now either tricky to reach, way trickier, some of them need a flying mount to reach.
    The old "roads" up towards platues and small open spaces is now gone, and unclimb-able, but the nodespawns are still up there, more then befor.

Thorium is still mineable around that zone, but nothing close to its old glory.
    Atm this zone creates way more frustration then satisfaction.
    Seems they remade the zone, but didnt think about the spawns of the nodes, a minority of the nodes still spawn in good and easy reachable areas, others.. oh baby.

The picture can speak for itself, unreachable, not able to climb up and land on it either. GG.

------------------------------------

So, when the non'thorium un'goro is kicked in the balls, where do we turn towards now, or is the Thorium the old Mithril?
    What zones have they remade, that contains Thorium? these are the interesting ones.

Silithus:
    Nothing new and fancy, feels slightly raised thou.
    For those who hate to dive down in the annoying silithid caves, you can still get a nice chunk of Thorium for doing outer laps of the map.
    Good map to farm on yah.
    Since this one is a huge area, I cant see many issues with competition really, require way more people then other zones befor the impact gets to big.
    Also, not many people tend to quest in here, so compared to winterspring this one might be the one of choice when it comes down to buisness.

Winterspring:

The nodes at the entrance-road is now only thorium, or so it seems, havnt spotted any mithril yet.
    So while mining here you should go towards the timbermaws and back. covering north and south mountains.
    Seems like a slight increase in nodes/rates, compared to befor.
    Im no master of mining mechanics, but they maby changed the max # of nodes allowed to spawn/be out?
    Good place non the less, a few changes here.
    [By just running back and forth from the flightpath towards timbermaw I get a fresh number of thoriums, dont seem like I even need to do full laps in order to mine with a good phase, rich thorium is also not low in spawn]

Eastern Plaguelands:
    Since this zone is rewamped in level we got 1 less place to farm thorium.
    If you dont fancy Iron ore, stay out of this place.

Blasted Lands:
    This zone is a masterpiece, they got almost a part for every looks, forest, burned dead cold space, a nice beach, mining facility, etc etc.
    Took 2 laps around here and so far no mithril, only thorium, the spot is ok, not that bad but not even close to impressive.
    Nethergarde mines that used to be nice for mithril if I recall right, now contains thoriumand truesilver, more annoying walk then mining thou.
    The zone is candy for the eyes atleast, and viable.

Silithus VS Winterspring!

So, it all comes down to this 2 zones, and it aint really that huge of a difference.
    Do you like snow? Do you like desert?
    Scared of bugs? Hate bears?

A decision of taste really.

Happy Thorium mining people!
    Last edited by catstyle; 11-26-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    Only place in wow I use sounds is in WC for Lord Serpentis.
    Every time he say the magic word "I am the serpent king, I can do anything"
    I think of a naked dude doing the roflcopter with his peepee

Thorium and YOU - a "shattering" change to mining.
    Monani's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool beans, thanks.

hamstersteken's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Mithril is the new Thorium. I used to farm a lot of Thorium because people were too stupid to look for a good place to farm on my server.
    But this will be useful, will use it to farm some Thorium before the expansion lands. Thanks alot

Lafie's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it just be much more effective and faster to wait for flying mount and then go farm it, or am I missing something?

rotsj's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lafie View Post
    Wouldn't it just be much more effective and faster to wait for flying mount and then go farm it, or am I missing something?
    Probably the fact that by that time, you won't be alone or just a few anymore. Chances are there will be A LOT more people farming ores/herbs etc in Azeroth when cata hits due to those fancy flying mounts. Another point would be that with new routes/tips etc, you want to be as early as you can. Because the longer you wait, the more people will know and therefor the more people you will have to share spawns with. Just my thoughts.

catstyle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Lafie View Post
    Ofc you can wait for the flyingmount, but still, can be good to know where to look, dont really matter if you run or fly. a bit faster the other way thou.

The changes is still changes, flying or not.
    As said befor, some people tend to farm up befor it hits so they dont have to fight with other miners that skill or sell.

Besides, we gotta have something to do while we wait for 7th dec. ;D
    Only place in wow I use sounds is in WC for Lord Serpentis.
    Every time he say the magic word "I am the serpent king, I can do anything"
    I think of a naked dude doing the roflcopter with his peepee

MyWay86's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well. Imo I will be waiting for the xpack and gonna try that nasty ungoro mining with flying mount and maybe with some wallhax