Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Achievement - Glutton for ... Punishment.

This is my first contribution to this website, if there are any positive suggestions I would appreciate it.

Alright currently there are three new achievements found in the area of Azshara. There is a small Island to the north that has these Achievements. The quest begins in Bilgewater Harbor. by a toon named Teemo - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=36999. Now to do this Achievement I haven’t confirmed if you have to do the chain quests up to Xylem.

1.)Azshara Blues Azshara Blues - Quest - World of Warcraft
    2.)Friends Come In All Colors Friends Come In All Colors - Quest - World of Warcraft
    3.)A Little Pick-me-up A Little Pick-me-up - Quest - World of Warcraft
    4.)Absorbent Absorbent - Quest - World of Warcraft
    5.)Full of Hot Water Full of Hot Water - Quest - World of Warcraft
    6.)That's Just Rude! That's Just Rude! - Quest - World of Warcraft
    7.)The Way to a Mage's Heart The Way to a Mage's Heart - Quest - World of Warcraft
    8.)Wash Out Wash Out - Quest - World of Warcraft
    9.)Dressed to Impress Dressed to Impress - Quest - World of Warcraft
    10.)Shear Will Shear Will - Quest - World of Warcraft
    11.)Waste of Thyme Waste of Thyme - Quest - World of Warcraft
    12.)Renewable Resource Renewable Resource - Quest - World of Warcraft
    13.)Manual Labor Manual Labor - Quest - World of Warcraft
    14.)Trouble Under Foot Trouble Under Foot - Quest - World of Warcraft
    15.)The Pinnacle of Learning The Pinnacle of Learning - Quest - World of Warcraft
    16.)Watch Your Step Watch Your Step - Quest - World of Warcraft

Xylem's Trials
    17.)The Trial of Fire
    The Trial of Fire - Quest - World of Warcraft
    ---Achievement: Glutton for Fiery Punishment
    18.)The Trial of Frost
    The Trial of Frost - Quest - World of Warcraft
    ---Achievement: Glutton for Icy Punishment
    19.)The Trial of Shadow
    The Trial of Shadow - Quest - World of Warcraft
    ---Achievement: Glutton for Shadowy Punishment

Alright, that’s the quest chain to get to the Achievements. However doing them is a little tricky.

Fire – If you watch the pokeball look a likes you will see that the fire explodes. When it explodes it separates into several bluish/white orbs that go to the center of the surrounding pokeballs. The object is to move into them before the explosion and take no damage. As soon as you see the orbs float into your direction head to a new pokeball that doesn’t have an orb going to it. You generally have about 1-2 seconds and can easily skip a pokeball to go to the next row if need be. Mage’s blink, Rogue’s sprint aren’t really required. If your having problems getting this achievement a way to do this simply is to stand next to the entrance portal, and move onto one of the 4 pokeballs as they become available. If there aren’t any available simply run to the portal and wait. The debuff that you acquire doesn’t count toward the achievement it just means you reach 20 consecutive fire strikes.

Frost – Is a little more tricky, the problem comes when there are multiple people attempting to do this achievement. There are 3 escape places I will talk about. To do this you’ll need to use those 3 escape places to get away from the spinning frost clouds. Remember to not be infront of the wave because its effects extend almost 5-8 yards outside the graphic in front of it. The object is to run behind this in a chase motion the entire time collecting the small orbs and avoiding the frost on the ground and the blue pokeballs. Try not to go to the middle of all three orbs as well. Blink and rogues sprint are extremely useful if you plan to do this on foot. However a simpler way would be to mount up and run about the area collecting the orbs. The pictures show the three locations you will not get hit if you’re standing there besides standing close to the portal entry area. Another easy strat but more time consuming would be to stand at the portal gate and move in to the first cloud spinning orb and collect 1 and dart back out. The timer on this debuff is 50 seconds and can easily be obtained in that duration for the quest. However like the Fire version you can let the debuff fall off and still collect the achievement as long as you are not hit.

1st Escape Point

2nd Escape Point

3rd Escape Point

Shadow – Shadow isn’t really that challenging. Stand next to the portal on your mount and simply run so the shadow figures will cross their path with the void zones on the ground. Try not to head close to the portal as it could easily mess you up. You can tell that a shadow is going to spawn from the general location by watching the shadow go between you and the portal. Once again, the challenge comes from having to many people in the zone at one time. If you get close to one of their shadows it can attack you and deal damage aswell.

A look at one of the shades coming and a shadow heading away. Put the pink thing in between you and the shade and your good.

I hope this helps and screenshots will be available soon.
    Last edited by SnakeKusanagi; 11-25-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Achievement - Glutton for ... Punishment.

RandomZero's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can confirm that you can't do the quests unless you've finished the chain as without the lead-up quests completed, Xylem doesn't even offer any quests.. Spent a while trying to figure out where the quests for the achievements even started, but after being unsuccessful at that, I just started working on the chain.

PBALLER325's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Note you DONT neeed to do the pre quests for the achievement

Tetro's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easier shadow acheivement

Can't see it mentioned in the first thread here.

You can actually kill the shadows if they get too close. You don't lose stacks, nor achievmenet for doing so. I tried to see if you could kill 20 and get the achievement - but that didn't work. You definitly need to have them "trapped" - however, killing them when alot of them comes makes it alot easier to do the achievement

ps: first post *virginity stolen*.

Volkert's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trial of Frost suggestion

Originally Posted by SnakeKusanagi View Post
    This is my first contribution to this website, if there are any positive suggestions I would appreciate it.

The trial of frost I found undoable. I fell off several times trying to hide in safe spots on the side. You have to swim back to the pinnacle when you fall off a trial and jump up the pads again. Swim to the little circle in the water again first of course,.Use the "bug" there when you jump up the pinnacle for the first time, them..click the very first padestoole 6 times (!). The others you then only had to click while running past them.

But the trial of frost...someone said "if you're a Shaman, use your ghost wolf...I tried... but "they" must have nerfed him because "click click click...etc all the time and all clicks are goine...

In the end I used my mount (get it at lvl 20). You are fast and take less hits from the frost !

Another way to avoid getting hit by ice I read somewhere, is to gather 20 Essence of Ice. I don't know where or how and for who.. but it might help.

Have fun !!!!

Bearbelly, Pandarian Shaman, lvl 23, The Horde, 16-febr-2014