0/0
    Trade Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cataclysm Horde Levelling Guide by Markizzle

Hello guys, yesterday i was looking for something like here and i couldnt found it.
    Hope you like it!!

Credits to: Markizzle from Ensidia.

I have successfully levelled 3 characters to level 85 on Beta, 2 mages and 1 shadow priest. It is currently easier as a caster but the guide remains the same.

I will give you a short overview of zones you need to visit. The game itself will provide you with an easy figuring-out system when it comes to questing.

Class related

Casters are currently very powerful when it comes to levelling. The advantage of a caster is obviously the use of range and never having to use food. The new water provides a total of 127.000 mana over 30 seconds. As I have only levelled as priest and mage, I will only suggest on those 2 classes as I don’t have the experience to tell you which spec would benefit you the most. The guide is usable for all classes.

Mage
    Frost for sure. It gives you the power of almost never taking damage, and has the powerful Deep Freeze & Pet nova. Frost Icelance has been boosted a lot in damage, which is why I suggest you take the glyphs; Icelance, Frostbolt & Deep Freeze, while using mage armor when levelling. Mage armor because the change has done it ridiculously hard to below 90 % mana. The 3 Prime glyphs mentioned will be a good start together with major glyph evocation. You save a lot of time.

Priest
    As priest you won’t need mana at all the first couple of levels. As shadow, always put VT up and give the mob a Mind Blast to keep replenishment going. As priest I pulled up to 3-4 mobs at a time with no mana problems afterwards. Glyphs should be Mind Flay, Shadow Word: Pain & Dispersion.

When you reach 83, you will gain Arch Angel, which you should use every time you can, to gain mana & damage.

Before you login

Before you login on Live Cataclysm, you will need to make sure certain things are ready, such as:
    • Real Life
    • Add-Ons
    • Logout & Hearthstone location
    • Consumables, Glyphs & heirlooms

Real Life

From my experience, the levelling won’t require too much time. Unless they reduce the experience gain from monsters and quests, you shouldn’t be looking for more than 25-35 hours, depending on how fast you are. I managed to casually level a character in less than 20 hours by simply following this route, and this was while I maintained my beauty sleep. Prepare some meals, so you don’t have to do that while levelling.

Add-Ons
    Currently Beta is being tested, and Add-On developers are working hard to make sure they provide for us people. If wanted, you can download QuestHelper(ONLY IF UPDATED) to help the levelling process. Even though blizzard has their own quest helper system, it sometimes doesn’t provide you with a quest location, and the time you spend on looking for that quest, is time you could have saved by having QuestHelper.

The game itself has many changes to it. For levelling you won’t be in need of Add-Ons really, because the game will tell you when your certain procs occur and where to deliver or do a quest. I levelled without any Add-Ons and it was perfectly fine.

Logout & Hearthstone location
    Make sure to place your hearthstone in Orgrimmar. The new expansion revolves around Orgrimmar, and all your pre-quest to the zones you will visit, are given there, hence it is a TIMESAVER to have hearthstone in Orgrimmar. You will logout outside Dalaran, because servers will be overloaded with people logging in inside Dalaran, so it will be easier for you to enter Dalaran if you login outside and fly in.

Consumables & Glyphs
    Obviously consumables will assist you on your road trip, and you should bring which ever flask and food you benefit most from. I will personally enchant scrolls with the enchant I need for upgrades. In the zones such as Mount Hyjal and Deepholm, you will replace all your current gear. At least I did, and I have full 277 gear setup. Make sure to have glyphs ready for your desired level spec, and yes the heirlooms from 1-80 work all the way to 81, as it includes level 80. Last checked was 11-10-2010. I have read that this might get changed, so don’t expect it to work.

Post Cataclysm launch
    Post launch, you will need to be fast and use whatever resource you have at hand, such as:
    • Archaeology
    • Hearthstone to Orgrimmar
    • Designated route

Archaeology

When Cataclysm is live, you will login outside Dalaran, and quickly fly onto Krasus’ Landing, where you will learn the new “Allow flying in all new Zones”-skill. This skill costs 250g, and is a MUST for levelling. It is sold by Hira Snowdawn and is called Flight Master’s License. Afterwards you enter the “The Legerdemain Lounge” which is circled on the right side image.
    “Dariness the Learned” will teach you archaeology.

The point of archaeology is that you sometimes may end up in a zone, where you can find artifacts. As of now finding artifacts give a nice amount of experience, so it will definitely give you a boost in experience if you’re already in the zone questing.

Hearthstone to Orgrimmar and quest approach

All the pre-quests you need will be available of a Board, located where the Orgrimmar bank entrance is pre-launch.

Here is where you will circle back to after reaching certain points. If your guild progresses into higher levels, where the rewards are heirlooms that provide more experience, then this hearthstone give you the option of getting these rewards in no time. If you’re a mage you won’t be having any problems such as hearthstone cool down while getting rewards that benefit you.

The pre-quests are easy and don’t take a lot of time, except for Twilight Highlands, which will really test your patience.

Designated route
    1. Mount Hyjal: 80 - 82
    2. Deepholm: 82 - 83
    3. Uldum: 83 - 84
    4. Twilight Highlands: 84 - 85

Mount Hyjal (80-82)
    The pre-quest is simple. Talk to some guys, take a portal to Moonglade and jump on a dragon. Easy.

You will do all the quests in Mount Hyjal. They are easy and with your flying mount it will seem really fast. The experienced required from 80 to 82 is a lot less than from 82 to 85. If you do not reach 82 before defeating Ragnaros, which is the last quest in Mount Hyjal, then do some instances with your buddies or head to Vashj’ir.

The reason I didn’t want to wander into Vashj’ir, is because it will be full of alliance, and you can’t fly away and be safe as you can in Mount Hyjal. It is a time-consuming experience, and has a big pre-quest with a role-play event in it. On the other hand Vashj’ir is a really nice place to level if you don’t have to rush or fear the alliance.

As soon as you hit 82, it is vital that you hearthstone and head to the Board to pickup the Deepholm pre-quest. The faster you are at entering new zones, the less people you will meet to compete with.

Deepholm (82-83)

Simple pre-quest again, it will take you to the portal zone in Orgrimmar (Circled on map). Speak with the guy and he creates a portal to The Maelstrom where you talk with Thrall and get a ride to Deepholm. Cool event for sure.

It is vital that you pay attention to minimap in this zone. There is a point where you are doing a quest where you find clues. There will be a pick-up quest that provides you with half a zone of quests. Don’t miss it, or you won’t reach 83.

Uldum (83-84)

A simple pre-quest. You will have to fly to Tanaris. The quest you pick up in Tanaris requires you to jump on a camel, which starts a role-play event. X marks the spot for turn-in.

The zone is phenomenal and provides a lot of easy quests that rewards good experience. The zone is fairly small which makes it so good.

Twilight Highlands (84-85)

As soon as you hit 84, you will rush back to Orgrimmar and start the pre-quest for Twilight Highlands. This pre-quest sends you to Azshara to discover the Goblin area, where you will first do a few quests then continue on a boat trip which will take some time.

Alleras's Avatar Site Donator CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good Post Thanks alot

Destony's Avatar Contributor