0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the Scribes

Just a tip for all the scribes out there. Well, 4.0.3a launches tommorow (EU, US today) and people will be making new class combos/new chars to explore the new world. The will need glyphs for that, so my tip for you is to start making LOADS OF GLYPHS for them, the price will probably go up a few gold.

When 4.0.1 came I made tons of glyphs before the patch day and i made around 16k on the day 4.0.1 came, it'll probably almost the same as it was. Flood the market with glyphs and you'll be making a fortune (server dependant tho).

Sorry if my english isn't great and the grammar and stuff.

Some great addons for making glyphs:

KTQ, the addon will queue glyphs for you (too lazy to explain more on that right now, just read the manual). http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ool-queue.aspx

GnomeWorks, dependency for KTQ it's a trade-skill remade window(?).
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/gnomeworks/

Auctioneer, needed by everyone! Scans AH for prices and let you buyout stuff in just one click.
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...uctioneer.aspx

Another tip from UnholyShaman:

"Something that you could add (bit late now for US, but EU have some time) is stock up on Glyphs or at least stock up on your Ink of the Sea and trade it for lower level inks. On the PTR 4.0.3a the Ink Trader Jessica Sellers no longer trades Ink of the Sea for other inks, instead she is trading Blackfallow Ink (the new Cata high level ink which is not yet available) for lower level inks.

Therefore we could VERY well see a rise in Glyph Prices due to the FAR higher cost of Pre-BC and TBC herbs versus WOTLK herbs. I suspect Glyphs that are made with Ink of the Sea will fall in price because those who usually stock up on WOTLK herbs / IOTS to be milled or traded, will be stuck with all that IOTS and can't get rid of it except for auctioning the ink or crafting tons and tons of Glyphs that only require IOTS."
    Last edited by lighty1; 11-23-2010 at 02:02 PM.

For the Scribes
    Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry mate but that's just stockpiling and there are quite some posts about that already. But thanks for trying to contribute! And your English is near perfect

lighty1's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah, maybe it is. But it was just a tip, i have never ever made a "gold-tip" since im new to these kind of forums.

Maybe i shouldve posted it in General?

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an OK tip, but to me you come across as the kind of person who read this or heard it somewhere and thought it would be a good idea to post.

You need to understand WHY something it making gold, not just because something is making gold. What you said will NOT be immediately true, here is why:

I would estimate that way over 50% of the people who make alts never end up getting them past level 15-20, at least not within the first immediate month or two. Glyphs have level requirements (the minimum being L25, then going to 55, 75 and so on and so fourth). Therefore there will NOT be an immediate spike in the demand for glyphs simply because not everyone is going to reach level 25 and remember to buy glyphs within the first week. Even then it is only a TINY portion of glyphs that are actually available to level 25s.

With that said it's still good that you are making an effort to spot potential gold sources and that you are sharing them too.

The addons are nice, personally I use:

Auctioneer to get Auction Prices.
    ZeroAuctions to post, undercut and cancel glyphs.
    ZeroAuctions to build a craft queue.
    ZeroAuctions to automatically buy all reagents and trade all inks required for my craft queue.
    Altoholic to keep track of what glyphs I have on which character (I make one one character and sell glyphs on 2-3 different characters at a time).

Advanced Tradeskill Window (when not working with ZA Craft queue since they aren't compatible) for a more detailed Tradeskill Window and allow me to queue up my own manual craft queue.
    Lil'Sparkey's Workshop for keeping track of Auctioneer Prices within the above ATSW addon.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 11-23-2010 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on a very high populated server with many hardcore guilds, so i promise you, it will be many that will buy glyphs. Atleast in 2-3 days after patch day.

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on one of the most populated servers on EU where the Alliance to Horde ratio is about 11:1 (no exageration and I'm on Alliance), so I know how the ins and outs work for a very high populated server.

There WILL be an increase in demand for Glyphs, but it WON'T be an immediate difference and it will be something that will slowly increase and decrease over time. If you are on a very high pop server there is mostly likely a LOT of competition supplying glyphs, so in the end you will barely notice any increase in sales because there will always be someone that will undercut you within 10 minutes of you posting and there will always be a whole bunch of someone's who don't care about making a LOT of gold and will continue to post their glyphs at just above break even point.

It will be no where near like what 4.0.1 was with insane profit margins and ridiculous sale numbers.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry then.

May i ask you which realm you are on? I'm on Silvermoon, and it seems like you are on there too. o.O

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guessed it

But still, sorry I wasn't trying to like bring you down or negatively impact your thread, was more just wanting to explain WHY certain things will happen.

Something that you could add (bit late now for US, but EU have some time) is stock up on Glyphs or at least stock up on your Ink of the Sea and trade it for lower level inks. On the PTR 4.0.3a the Ink Trader Jessica Sellers no longer trades Ink of the Sea for other inks, instead she is trading Blackfallow Ink (the new Cata high level ink which is not yet available) for lower level inks.

Therefore we could VERY well see a rise in Glyph Prices due to the FAR higher cost of Pre-BC and TBC herbs versus WOTLK herbs. I suspect Glyphs that are made with Ink of the Sea will fall in price because those who usually stock up on WOTLK herbs / IOTS to be milled or traded, will be stuck with all that IOTS and can't get rid of it except for auctioning the ink or crafting tons and tons of Glyphs that only require IOTS.
    Last edited by Unholyshaman; 11-23-2010 at 01:55 PM.