2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Gold With "Profession Kits"

Well this is something i have been doing for a long time, and have seen a few people been doing, but rarely.

Requirments:
    -A decent amount of gold to start with (gotta spend some to make some) (atleast 8k)
    -A personal guild with ATLEAST 2 free bank tabs you can use
    -Smarts

The Guide:
    1. Before doing ANYTHING, you need a buyer, so go to Dalaran and say this in trade "/2 WTS Profession Kits! Will get you from 1-450! Enchanting-xKG, BS-xKG, Leatherworking-xKG, Engineering-xKG, Alchemy-xKG. PST for more details."
    *Fill in xKG with how ever much you spend on the mats + a good tip for yourself.

2. You probably will get a few whispers, have them tell you what package they want, so say it was blacksmithing, go and buy all the materials here: WoW Blacksmithing Guide 1-450 | Blacksmithing Leveling Guide. This website has all of the profession guides. MAKE SURE YOU READ THE GUIDE, SOME OF THEM REQUIRE RECIPES TO BE PURCHASED FROM A VENDOR, IF YOU WANT TO BE A GOOD SELLER, BUY IT FOR THEM!

3. Put all the items in your guild bank and tell them that your ready for them.

4. Invite them to your guild and tell them to deposite the decided on amount of gold. Once it's in and you have withdrawn it, rank them to a rank that can withdraw unlimited from the tab you used.

5. Send them the link to the guide you got the mats for (WoW Blacksmithing Guide 1-450 | Blacksmithing Leveling Guide) and tell them to just follow that, and tell them any exceptions that you have made.

What i suggest is to purchase a little bit more than it says to on the guide, then charge them like 1-2k extra so they dont run out of something. TELL THEM THAT IF THEY RUN SHORT OF SOMETHING YOU WILL COVER IT FREE OF CHARGE! It always makes them feel better.

I have been doing this for months and sell about 5 kits a week (rarely selling them) and make a 2k-5k profit on eachone, depending on the current server prices.

I searched and didn't see anything, so if this is a repost go ahead and delete.

Post your success stories, i want to hear!

EDIT: The prices i use are Enchanting-6.5KG, BS-8.5KG, Leatherworking-5.5KG, Engineering-5.5KG, Alchemy-4.25KG. BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR SERVER PRICES!
    Last edited by SacredSpenny; 11-22-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Making Gold With "Profession Kits"
    danbirk's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice idea
    +rep for the effort, and because i know u wanna become contrib

moonk1n's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    169/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty nice idea indeed, I'll prolly try this on my lvl 1 banker rather than on my main. Anyhow, if I buy the mats from AH for 5k gold and sell to them for 7-8k gold, don't u think they'll prolly take a look at the cost of mats in the AH? It would be really sad if they turn up their mind not to go with this anymore at like half of mats buyed or if you run out of AH mats.

+rep for a nice idea!

SacredSpenny's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by moonk1n View Post
    Pretty nice idea indeed, I'll prolly try this on my lvl 1 banker rather than on my main. Anyhow, if I buy the mats from AH for 5k gold and sell to them for 7-8k gold, don't u think they'll prolly take a look at the cost of mats in the AH? It would be really sad if they turn up their mind not to go with this anymore at like half of mats buyed or if you run out of AH mats.

+rep for a nice idea!
    Well when i bought this from someone the first time, i didnt even think of checking the AH, either im retarded (like most of the internet) or no body checks it. Also another thing is that you bought most of the mats so they have nothing really to search for, or only the mats that weren't cheap.

Thanks G/R
    169/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, you're right about finding no mats or only the expensive ones. I think another nice method for this is try to farm/bot most of the mats but also buy from AH the cheapest stacks and stockpile them to an alt's gbank on your account and save as much as you can, like 1 kit / every profession or 2 kits / best sold profession's until Cataclysm hits and sell it to Worgens / Goblins for double amounts or at least way more than you sell it now. And that should be no risk as if they won't buy it (tho I don't see the point of not, cuz usually Worgens / Goblins are old players sick of farming 1-525 (450 in our case) mats for profession), you can always sell the mats to AH and still get a nice profit out of this, at least double comparing to your investition.

Again, nice idea !

Husker90's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've actually tried to do this this before but as some people have said the mats are really hard to come by and it just seemed that i would make more money farming Ore/Herbs for flasks. nevertheless good detailed pst so +rep
    "LEEERROOOY JEEENKKIIINSS!!!"

Mr. Parts's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    14/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very nice guide so +rep

but a small side note. Don't you get reputation with your guild in Cata? So would you lose this rep leaving your current one to join the banker and then switch back?
    Or do you keep the rep. I heard you keep the items but don't know what happens to the rep because I am not part of the beta club.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I experienced in wotlk its more profit if you sell the mats apart and not in a 'kit'. When selling in a kit ppl usually think of old prices.. but mightve been my bad luck ofc

Thanks G/R
    169/24
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Parts View Post

but a small side note. Don't you get reputation with your guild in Cata? So would you lose this rep leaving your current one to join the banker and then switch back?
    Or do you keep the rep. I heard you keep the items but don't know what happens to the rep because I am not part of the beta club.
    Well, as a seller you'll obviously have an alt doing this (gbank + mats buying etc) and as of the buyer, he'll most likely make a lvl 1 that will join the guild, transfer them into bags after deposit the gold then mail them to his main, I guess.. Or you can suggest him this idea if he won't figure it out by himself.

Mr. Parts's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    14/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, as a seller you'll obviously have an alt doing this (gbank + mats buying etc) and as of the buyer, he'll most likely make a lvl 1 that will join the guild, transfer them into bags after deposit the gold then mail them to his main, I guess.. Or you can suggest him this idea if he won't figure it out by himself.
    A nice workaround indeed hadn't thought of the buyer just going on an alt

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Parts View Post

From what i have been told, they have added something that you keep everything with your guild for a few days incase you jokingly get kicked, or by accident, so you dont lose everything, but i suggest you make a guild with a level 1 alt like people have been saying and just send him your gold

Inexx's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome guide actually! Never seen this before though. Maybe i will in cata, since everyone will start leveling their proffs again

jazman84's Avatar Site Donator
    Thanks G/R
    2/3
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great idea. I will give this a go! Thanks!

Thanks G/R
    2/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why the buyer would want to make a level one to do this (unless he is in some hardcore guild) because it is not against the rules, and in no way will ruin your reputation on the server

darkriderking's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Alchemy-4250KG" 4mil wow =p lol typo there
    If someone helped you a good way to thank them is by clicking the +Rep button.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast