Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A way to ease enchanting from 1-300 (potentially 375)

Hey (first time poster, long time leecher... :P), after some searching to be sure that this had not been posted before, I thought I would share a small tip that made my enchanting skilling a lot easier.

This is not a guide HOW TO SKILL ENCHANTING, there are loads of them posted already, this is a guide to make it easier for the people that dont feel like spending lots of gold buying mats/items straight from the AH.

It's fairly simple. Like most people know, enchanting + tailoring is a nice combo to have. But if you got for example skinning/LW or mining/BS, and want to keep one of them for whatever reason, farming instances is your best bet to get disenchant materials.

So what is my contribution? Well as said, its really simple, like This guide you get yourself a DK alt, (wich requires you to have a 55+ character) and get it out of the starting zone. You get tailoring on this char, and when you're out there farming instances for DE materials on your main, you consequently send all cloth found to the DK, and start making even more DE materials.

And that's it. It's hard to determine what you should tailor, as you gotta "go with the flow" when you level it up. But i made a list of some instances to make it easier to sync the greens you farm for DE material, and the cloth you get.

Classic instances:

Ragefire chasm (Horde) - Short instance, with lots of humanoids. Perfect place to start.

Deadmines - Lots of humanoids = lots of cloth. Both linen and wool drops here, and the greens you get give you Strange dust, Magic essence and Astral essence.

The stockade (Alliance) - Same as above in terms of cloth, the greens though give you Soul dust and Astral essence.

Razorfen kraul - Silk and Wool cloth, greens give Soul dust, Astral essence and Mystic essence.

Gnomregan - Same stuff as Razorfen Kraul.

Scarlet monastery - Probably the best place overall, loooads of humanoids and the different wings drop wool, silk and mageweave. The Greens give you Soul dust, Vision dust, Astral essence, Mystic essence and Nether essence.

Zul'Farrak - Killing trolls might be a reward in its own, but they give you lots of mageweave aswell! ... The greens give Vision dust, Dream dust and Nether essence

At this point you should have your tailoring pretty high, and your enchanting as well. I never went into Sunken Temple or BRD, as soon as i got to Runecloth level (wich can generate both Dream dust and Illusion dust depending on what you craft) I went to:

Stratholme - Another great place, Runecloth drops everywhere and you get a decent amount of greens aswell.

This is where i stopped, i tried to go farm Ramparts for netherweave but i didnt find it worth the while, as you get more Runecloth in the end... Could be worth it if feel that you have no trouble running through it solo though.

Thanks for reading! (and my apologies if there already exists a similar guide on the forums)

PS. Sorry for my english. DS

A way to ease enchanting from 1-300 (potentially 375)
    Bearshark's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would largely help if you added, what to craft for maximum disenchant results and post effective gold value.**

** Effective Gold Value is if you needed 2 Shadow Pearls for example and you find they drop in Steam Vaults and you can farm them there, because they cost 50g~ each so you spend 45 minutes getting the 2 Shadow Pearls, but this isn't effective if you can farm something else and get 300g in 45 minutes so to do it yourself it is less effective then to get the gold then buy the raw materials.

1337pyro's Avatar Contributor CoreCoins Purchaser
    Thanks G/R
    9/4
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the problem is that you need a lot of greens in the level55-58 items area... i hate it

02/02/2011 01:52 <Jackie Moon> I might just go whack off all this talk about man boobs is making me frisky