0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Priest Arena Tips and Tricks W/ Increased Computer Performance

Hey MMOwned, Today I'm going to give some Good tips that could help you play better in Arena and also help your overall computer performance.

Macros

The reason I have so many is because I use target=target and target=targettarget in all of my damage macros. For example my holy fire macro is:

Code:
    #showtooltip Holy Fire
    /cast [harm, target=target] Holy Fire
    /cast [harm, target=targettarget] Holy Fire
    The reason I have the bracketed words is very simple.
    What it does is it attacks your target with holy fire if he is harmful, if your target isn't harmful then it casts holy fire on your target's target which is so much easier than having to switch targets to do some Quick Burst.
    *Simply replace "Holy Fire" with the Damage spell of your choice; and you will attack whatever your partner is attacking as long as you have your partner targeted.

One really important thing I've picked up is that you must bind everything including your partners' frames because, if not, you will not be as fast as those who do bind everything. As a result, you will lose more games. For example, esc > keybindings > "target party1" "target party2," you should bind those to an easy bind that is comfortable. I make my own macros such as:

Code:
    /tar <playersname>
    The reason being is that sometimes I have trouble with the "party1" because it will tend to target the pet or something else.

By having your partners binded you can reduce the amount of macros you need. However, I still use the macros that automatically specify to myself such as:

Code:
    /cast [target=player] dispel magic    
    /cast [target=player] power word: shield  
    /cast [target=player] penance

TIPS

As a Disc Priest you are going to have to dispel Divine Pleas and Innervates because We do not have as good mana conservation. Utilizing Dispel is a huge part of the Disc Class. However, if you really want to be good at a Disc Priest you must utilize every spell to its max potential.

For example, Mind Control, an underrated spell of Disc that can be used for a number of things. One amazing thing is Mind controlling people off Blade's edge and Mind Controlling Shield walls. By Mind Controlling shield walls you prevent the warrior's healer to be able heal them while Wall is up. It can also be used to interrupt Fel Domination if timed perfectly.

*Pre-casting spells such as Mind Control, Dispel magic, and Mass dispel are some of the key things that distinguish an average priest from a good priest.

Another great utilization is using Psychic Scream vs warlocks but dotting right after you fear so the Fel hunter will eat the DoT off instead of the Fear.

Mass Dispel - this spell is amazing due to the fact it can get anyone in combat from drinking even if they are out of LoS as well as stopping rogues/druids from stealthing. But also, it can dispel game changing Divine pleas and Innervates.

-Will be adding much more later

Better FPS and Game Performance

@echo off
    cd /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft"
    start /high WoW.exe

-Open notepad and save the above as under all file types and named "WoW.bat"
    Then, put it on your desktop and you can press the .bat file to startup WoW everytime with high priority.

*What is highlighted in red is the pathway to your wow folder you need to put wherever YOURS is located. This sets WoW as high priority dedicating more bandwidth to WoW increasing performance.

Game Booster 2 - turns off useless applications and services improves game performance, and flushes memory.

Addons

SnowFallkeyPress - eliminates the pressing down delay of your keys and only uses the releasing of the keys making you much faster at everything you do.

MoveAnything - such a great addon because you can do just that, Move any bar or frame to wherever is most comfortable for you.

Afflicted 3 - essential addon because it tracks interrupts on a small and clear bar

ActionBarSaver - just amazing. Save all your bars and exact locations of all your spells and macros. *No more taking ages to setup bars when switching servers*

Doom_CooldownPulse - really nice addon in that it literally pulses in the middle of your screen telling you when the specific spell is off of cooldown.

Bartender - great addon, organizes your action bars in a small and efficient way giving you much more free screen-space.

-Cole

Priest Arena Tips and Tricks W/ Increased Computer Performance
    dingtin's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    interested in your strategy of getting better fps~~~ thx

Itsalex's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This sets WoW as high priority dedicating more bandwidth to WoW increasing performance. " To set a process to a higher priority might slow the process down instead of speeding it up, you might wanna try this and see, everything is induvidual depending on the computer.

but thanks, nice guide.

nukec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suggest you to update your guide with tactics in 1vs1 every class or 2vs2...

Xcenon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make your target macros a lot more compact.

A few patches ago they added a parameter "@" which is the same as "target=". Also #show and #showtooltip always automatically show the first spell/item in the macro. So compact edition of your holy fire macro:
    Code:
    #show
    /cast [harm, @target] Holy Fire; [harm, @targettarget] Holy Fire
    I also like to have 2 lines for all my spells (if I can "afford" them) that are spammable or need to start casting quick:
    Code:
    /cleartarget [dead]
    /targetenemy [noexists]
    And one line for clearing UIErrorsFrame to avoid spam:
    Code:
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();