0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to not get caught botting.

I'm just throwing a post out here for people to post their tricks and tips for not getting caught botting. There seems to be a lot of bans going out as of late for botting, autoclicking, or being afk on a macro keyboard. I'm not looking for rep, just want to make a compilation of not getting caught while botting. As there's only one other post about Mr.Fishit, and not other botting techniques.

Even though many of the strategies are the same, Johncho's post might be ignored by non Mr'Fishit people. If you want to rep someone give him rep, he posted about avoiding getting caught botting first. A lot of what I use he posted, so again, it's a repost with some added info and a different title for general botting.

johncho1209 post reguarding not getting caught while using MR. Fishit. Found here:
    http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...mr-fishit.html

I'll start with what I do. Anyone feel free to add in what works for you.

Most botters are selling gold, use some of that extra money for a second account. Use 1 account for playing WoW legit, and 1 account for farming with bots. That way you can send money to your main account, and items. If you're caught you still can raid, and still have your gold, items, ect.

Bot only while you're at the computer. Most bans happen because you aren't at your computer when they send you whispers. (common sense, johncho posted this in his as well)
    To avoid this I use a second monitor. It can be a simple 15" cheap 20$ one for all that matters, just so you can see any tells that may be from a GM. This way I'm raiding, running BGs, playing other games on my main monitor, while my bot works on the other one, it takes 2 seconds to look over to see if i had any tells. Most current graphics cards have dual monitor support.

I know that most people want to let a bot run all day. This isn't a good idea. Take shifts instead of botting for 16 hours + straight. Log off the account for 15 minutes every 4 hours. Much less visible if you've been logged on and farming for 3 hours if Bliz wanted to check you out than if you've been logged on for 16 hours straight. (also posted by johncho)

If you're using XYZ, make sure nameplates are turned on. You can see other people near the node, obviously you'd need to be at the computer to see this, pretty much everyones first rule to not get caught botting. I was pickpocketing mobs in Icecrown, legitemately, and went to mine a titanium node near me. As i finished minning a farm botter, and major competition for me, flew in with XYZ running. Easy to see as he came from underneither the terrain, and you could see the nameplate, and the tip of his windriders wing. As another botter what did I do? Being competition I promptly reported him to a GM, who somehow responded in about 2 minutes, and someone got a ban.... Had to get rid of my competition you see, it's a business. So the point of that tangeant was that if he was at the computer with nameplates turned on he would have been able to see me, and move away. I probably wouldn't have noticed if he flew away quickly, but he stopped right beneith me for a couple seconds, and his mount was partly out of the terrain. If you're comming up on a node with XYZ, and a nameplate pops up when you get close enough move away. Hopefully your nameplate didn't pop up, or they weren't fast enough to see you were in the terrain.

Please post your strategies for not getting caught botting, even if you use some of the same strategies that Johncho posted, or one of the ones that I've posted. New botters can use our trial and error experiences and tips to not get banned, and old botters may also learn new strategies that they haven't used before that can also help them.

How to not get caught botting.
    hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Bot only while you're at the computer. Most bans happen because you aren't at your computer when they send you whispers. (common sense, johncho posted this in his as well)"

Code:
    print("\124cFF00FFFFReplyMachine is off. To turn on, type '/rm on' or '/replymachine on'. Type '/rm off' or /replymachine off' to turn it off.")
    COUNTER=(1)
    local ISONE=(1)
    local ISTWO=(2)
    local ISTHREE=(3)
    local COUNTTHROTTLE=(1)
    local PESTERCOUNT=(1)
    local PESTER=(1)

SLASH_REPLYMACHINE1, SLASH_REPLYMACHINE2 = '/replymachine', '/rm'; --These are hp94s help messages
    local function handler(msg, editbox)
    	if msg == 'on' then
    		function MyEventFrame_OnEvent(self, event, arg1, arg2, arg3, arg4, arg5, arg6, arg7, arg8, arg9, arg10, arg11, arg12, arg13)
    			print("Flag:", arg6)
    			if ( arg6 == "DND" ) then
    				if ( ISONE == 1 ) then
    					ISONE=(ISTWO)
    					SAVEARGTWO=(arg2)
    					SendChatMessage("Why are you flagged DND?", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == ISTWO ) then
    					ISONE=(ISTHREE)
    					SendChatMessage("brb a min", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == ISTHREE ) then
    					ISONE=("END")
    					SendChatMessage("Sorry I'm lagging/dcing alot", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == "END" ) then
    					print(arg2.." is pestering. Count is "..PESTERCOUNT)
    					PESTERCOUNT=(PESTERCOUNT+PESTER)
    					if SAVEARGTWO == arg2 then
    						return;
    					else
    						ISONE=("1")
    					end
    				else
    					print("PANIC")
    				end
    			elseif arg6 == "GM" then
    				StopwatchFrame:Show() 
    				Stopwatch_StartCountdown(0, 0, 5) 
    				Stopwatch_Play()
    				LASTGM=(arg2)
    				SendAddonMessage("LoopingRequest", "", "WHISPER", UnitName("player"))
    			elseif arg6 == "AFK" then
    				LASTAFK=(arg2)
    				if ( ISONE == 1 ) then
    					ISONE=(ISTWO)
    					SAVEARGTWO=(arg2)
    					SendChatMessage("You're afk?", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == ISTWO ) then
    					ISONE=(ISTHREE)
    					SendChatMessage("brb a min", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == ISTHREE ) then
    					ISONE=("END")
    					SendChatMessage("Sorry I'm lagging/dcing alot", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", arg2)
    				elseif ( ISONE == "END" ) then
    					print(arg2.." is pestering. Count is "..PESTERCOUNT)
    					PESTERCOUNT=(PESTERCOUNT+PESTER)
    					if SAVEARGTWO == arg2 then
    						return;
    					else
    						ISONE=("1")
    					end
    				else
    					print("PANIC")
    				end
    			end
    		end
    	elseif msg == 'off' then
    		DisableAddOn("ReplyMachine")
    		ConsoleExec("Reloadui")
    	else
    		print("/rm on or /rm off")
    	end
    end

MyEventFrame = CreateFrame("Frame", "MyEventFrame", UIParent)
    MyEventFrame:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_WHISPER")
    MyEventFrame:SetScript("OnEvent", MyEventFrame_OnEvent)	

function PB_OnLoad(self)
    	local s = CreateFrame("Frame")
    	s:RegisterEvent("CHAT_MSG_ADDON")
    	s:SetScript("OnEvent", function(self, event, prefix, msg, channel, sender)
    		if prefix == "NOTHING" then
    			return;
    		elseif prefix == "LoopingRequest" then
    			if ( StopwatchTicker.timer > 0 ) then
    				SendAddonMessage("LoopingRequest", "", "WHISPER", UnitName("player"))
    				COUNTER=(COUNTER+COUNTTHROTTLE)
    			elseif ( COUNTER > 100 ) then
    			else
    				SendChatMessage("Oh, sorry, I really am having problems with my internet because of the storm and I don't know how long I'll stay connected =(", "WHISPER", "ORCISH", LASTGM)
    				ConsoleExec("Startproject")
    			end
    		end
    	end)
    end

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

Change "PB_OnLoad" to "WhateverAddonYouWannaPutThisIn_OnLoad", all the "ORCISH" to "COMMON" if you're alliance, and you're ready to reply at will.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As another botter what did I do? Being competition I promptly reported him to a GM, who somehow responded in about 2 minutes, and someone got a ban.... Had to get rid of my competition you see, it's a business.
    Really at that time you were'nt even botting nodes, you were botting something else so how was he your competition, yes maybe he wanted that titanium but after that node you would of never saw him again.

Yes maybe he was doing his business a bit blatant but as someone who bots himself would it really have been so wrong to whisper him saying 'listen i saw you doing blah blah blah today its a bit over the top sort your set up out before someone reports you'.

People like you should practice what you preach, would you like it if they linked both your accounts because your main has been benefiting from your botting account?

Palumir's Avatar Contributor

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post
    Really at that time you were'nt even botting nodes, you were botting something else so how was he your competition, yes maybe he wanted that titanium but after that node you would of never saw him again.

Yes maybe he was doing his business a bit blatant but as someone who bots himself would it really have been so wrong to whisper him saying 'listen i saw you doing blah blah blah today its a bit over the top sort your set up out before someone reports you'.

People like you should practice what you preach, would you like it if they linked both your accounts because your main has been benefiting from your botting account?
    Yeah, the report is what lost my rep.
    Richard rules!

mannystelol's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If blizzard catch me botting they cannot do jack shit i just say i got hacked they give me all my stuff back... sure they will observe my account closely after the incident but there is no way you can get banned in my head from running a bot JUST SAY IT WASNT YOU LOL if they dont beleive you get on the phone to tham and say look IT WASN'T ME its your word agaisnt theres and the customer is ALWAYS right

Don't be scared about using a bot lol if you get caught just say it wasn't you and get your stuff back

It's only a game

hp94's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's really just a 'whisper' from a GM, use my code - it replys then DCs yourself if a GM whispers you.

girboy's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by mannystelol View Post
    If blizzard catch me botting they cannot do jack shit i just say i got hacked they give me all my stuff back... sure they will observe my account closely after the incident but there is no way you can get banned in my head from running a bot JUST SAY IT WASNT YOU LOL if they dont beleive you get on the phone to tham and say look IT WASN'T ME its your word agaisnt theres and the customer is ALWAYS right

Don't be scared about using a bot lol if you get caught just say it wasn't you and get your stuff back

It's only a game
    Because blizzard can't and wont look at what IP was connecting to the servers with the account. /sarcasm
    And that might work once, but it would be rare if they don't check.

mannystelol's Avatar Corporal
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so lol>?

blizz cannot ban anyone for anything they dont know it was you

unless they was stood next to you in real life reality they have no Proof

TBH i hope blizz try and ban me that will be the biggest laugh i wil have for a long timelululu

so if they ban you right?

and you ask for an APPEAL agaisnt there crappy decision right?

IT WASN'T ME I WAS HACKED lul noobs

does any1 know the success rate for appeals for banned accounts?

Gankenstein's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its THEIR game and they can do whatever they please, read the ToS/Eula

Proph's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by gippy View Post

I dont know about you, but it's a business, botters are usually trying to make money. Dont know where you come from, but if 2 places are selling the same product, prices go down, profits are cut. The easy way to get around that is to get rid of your competition. Build up your monopoly on the market. FYI, I was just out pick pocketing mobs manually. If i was bottign I wouldn't even noticed him cause I would have been doing something else on the other monitor only looking for whispers.

Even if I was botting I still would have been 'practicing what i preach'. As I said in my post, only bot while you're at your computer.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

so lol>?

unless they was stood next to you in real life reality they have no Proof

TBH i hope blizz try and ban me that will be the biggest laugh i wil have for a long timelululu

so if they ban you right?

and you ask for an APPEAL agaisnt there crappy decision right?

IT WASN'T ME I WAS HACKED lul noobs

does any1 know the success rate for appeals for banned accounts?
    I have not heard of an appeal that was successful for an account that was botting. Generall what happens if you're hacked is that they change the PW, change the email,,, they'll get both. Then they send all your gold to transfer characters, vendor anything else they can along with that, and then your account is naked and with no gold. Occassionally they'll PvP bot with arena gear or crappy BoE green to buy gems to sell with honor, and not bot herbs and minerals. And you'll have already contacted Bliz about a hacked account before they start botting.
    You dont own the game or any part of it besides the DvD, they own your account, they can do what they want like was previously posted.
    Last edited by Proph; 11-11-2010 at 09:56 PM.

gippy's Avatar Elite User
    Thanks G/R
    293/139
    Trade Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know about you, but it's a business, botters are usually trying to make money. Dont know where you come from, but if 2 places are selling the same product, prices go down, profits are cut. The easy way to get around that is to get rid of your competition. Build up your monopoly on the market. FYI, I was just out pick pocketing mobs manually. If i was bottign I wouldn't even noticed him cause I would have been doing something else on the other monitor only looking for whispers.

Even if I was botting I still would have been 'practicing what i preach'. As I said in my post, only bot while you're at your computer.
    your theory on 'oh i wouldnt of reported him if he was monitoring is computer and had nameplates on' is just a stupid way of justifying reporting other botters, unless he was literally staring at his screen how could he have saw you? the script would of swooped him into the node and away, monitorings more for ground grinding or for whispers from other players.

Some people have hours to stare at their screen while botting, some dont, to me what is the point in botting when your babysitting it anyway?

Set up your bot right, make sure you dont have a buggy script and your set.