Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bored until Cataclysm? Grab a Nether-ray mount!

We all know (or hopefully many do) that we can get 2 cool mounts from TBC by reputation.
    What you didnt know is that the Nether ray is the cooler looking.. c(:
    For those who dont have a damn clue on how to gain reputation easy with the Shattari Skyguards, heres how!

Lets get started eh?
    Im not going to list all the quests you can do (there is some in blades edge mountain)
    Im just going for the fast rep-grind with a chance to get the cool trinket Time-Lost Figurine - Item - World of Warcraft.

You will need to do a series of quests to open up all fast rep-grinding repeatables and bosses.

-------------------
    Starter:
    Head over to Severin - NPC - World of Warcraft and grab his quest World of Shadows - Quest - World of Warcraft

Now you can start killing those damn birdpeople around Skettis, they will drop Shadow Dust - Item - World of Warcraft, this is one of your reputation materials.
    The birds themselves gives rep also until revered, the big nature elementals (not water) gives 30 rep each on kill, so if you can, give them an arrow or spell to fall over.

Once gotten 6 dust you can now complete this quest. (you will use more dust later so always save them, check your AH if you want to rep faster)

---------------
    Second:
    Now you got yourself a Elixir of Shadows - Item - World of Warcraft . Dont use it just yet, pop it befor you start grinding birdmans again, it gives you a 20 minute buff that allows you to see ghost-birdmen also at the same areas you killed the previouse birdmen.

These ghost mobs will drop Time-Lost Scroll - Item - World of Warcraft . You love those (can also be sold or bought on AH)
    Check around the top-huts on tress to find most of the ghosts.

---------------
    Third:
    You are now on this quest Secrets of the Talonpriests - Quest - World of Warcraft where you need to kill 3 priests.
    You need to be under the influense of your newly gotten flask, drink it, seek them out and kill them.
    Kill every mob you can find on the way. (if you manage to run out of the flask, simply turn in 6 more dust and you get a new one, save your Time-lost Scrolls for later.

When you kill Ishaal he will drop the item Ishaal's Almanac, That starts the quest Ishaal's Almanac - Quest - World of Warcraft, take it and do it also, complete your quests.

Next will be An Ally in Lower City - Quest - World of Warcraft
    (run to shattrat, talk to a birdie, get the next quest Countdown to Doom - Quest - World of Warcraft run back, turn it in)

Get the next quest Hazzik's Bargain - Quest - World of Warcraft (from the bird in the cage)
    Follow the builtin questmap, inside a small hut you find his backpack, take it, give him it back.

You will now be on this one. A Shabby Disguise - Quest - World of Warcraft, at the middle island there is a small hut with a non-killable birdman, use your newly gotten disguise and talk to him, buy the questbook, and turn it in. you are now soon done!

------------------
    Fourth:
    Quest given is now Adversarial Blood - Quest - World of Warcraft
    You are now ready to use your scrolls. if you dont have 40 Time-lost Scrolls, grind for them!
    Once aquired you will head out to the summoning circles you have seen the birds stand around and do some hokuspokus.

Press the skullpile in the middle, and you can choose to spawn 4 bosses (cost 10 scrolls each)
    Once gotten all 4 dead (you will get a green item thats the questitem, save it, or sell it/buy it on AH)
    You can complete this quest

You can now rep on getting the parts also.
    These bosses should be easy to solo for every avarage geared class without a fuzz.

----------
    Fifth and last queststep:

For completeing the quest you will get Time-Lost Offering - Item - World of Warcraft <-- an urn used to summon Terokk himself, (first you will get one for killing them, and one for turning in all 4 body-parts, later on you will only get from turning in parts, and it gives rep as well)

This is the last item for reputation, can be sold and bought, only thing you cant earn a profit or buying is the shadow elixir used to see ghosts)

Terokk's Downfall - Quest - World of Warcraft <-- You will now kill Terokk!
    This guy might not be easy or soloable by every class, if you die he despawns, if you die and got friends in combat, graveyardzerg him down. works.

He is summoned at the middle island and his bonepile have a .. maby 10-15 minute respawn time.

-- Phase 1 --
    Just pewpew his ass down to 50k or less hp, he will sometimes challenge a random person (if you dont dps fast enough) giving this one 100% healing increase, and 100% damage, and you grow larger!

-- Phase 2 --
    He will become immune, now the sucky part begins, you need to survive until the skyguards help you out, they will drop a smoke-flare around the summoning circle or a bit off-track, kite the boss there, after a few seconds a bomb is dropped at the smokeflare, let the boss stand in it for a few seconds.

His shield now shatter, and he becomes berserks!
    Kill him and hope for the cool trinket!
    ----------> During berserk I have seen him rip shammys and such to death real fast, and sometimes he tickles them, be careful and save your cds for this if you had a hard time or avarage time fighting him phase1.

----------------
    Ending:

So now you got all quests ready!

Grind dust -> get elixir -> get scrolls and dust at the same time -> use scrolls to summon 4 diff minibosses -> Kill Terokk -> repeat!

Everything now gives rep up to reverd where the normal birds dont net rep anymore, thats about it!

Usually takes 1-5 days depending on how much you play (for me and my brother it took us 2 x5 hour grinds and we were done, didnt buy any items either)

If you do it with a buddy be sure to stand within eachothers max-outzoomed minimaps to gain rep for the kills (and have free for all on to ease it out)
    Last edited by catstyle; 11-09-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Bored until Cataclysm? Grab a Nether-ray mount!
    damo721's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome rep guide....ill def be using this

+rep

jonei's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my mount yesterday, took me around 9 hours doing it as an mele warrior. got around 600g loothing everything (which i later used to buy me the mounts But it was well worth it, in my eyes, its the coolest mount in game.

Ammunition's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide.

Bender16's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great guide,

did this from friendly 0/6k in just 1 day, it took me about 4-5 hours nonstop farming, did this bcause it was my last repu for 40 exalted achiev

sockzinacan's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    neutral to 10k from exalted in one night. great guide! i should hit exalted in about an hour tonight

catstyle's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by sockzinacan View Post
    neutral to 10k from exalted in one night. great guide! i should hit exalted in about an hour tonight
    Nice! moar flying shrimps wanted!

nukec's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Erm. Can you kill boss multiple times?

Inshanity's Avatar Master Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, i really gotta follow this. thanks
    +AzTRO

SprayPlaster's Avatar Sergeant Major
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this will take less time compared to the nether drakes, when I was farming for it there was at least 3 other people farming the eggs, was a nightmare lol.

Reflection's Avatar Legendary
    Thanks G/R
    1/2
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by SprayPlaster View Post
    I hope this will take less time compared to the nether drakes, when I was farming for it there was at least 3 other people farming the eggs, was a nightmare lol.
    I did this grind a while ago. Bear in mind that that was a paladin tank and it should be quicker with a strong dps class. Nether drake was faster (time spent, probably not in fewer days) for me as I was alone and easily got 8-10 eggs each circuit every two hours or so.

Freelance Digital Artist
    https://reflectionartwork.deviantart.com
    You did not desert me
    My brothers in arms

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by nukec View Post
    Erm. Can you kill boss multiple times?

Yepp just spawn him and rep is inc!

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Originally Posted by SprayPlaster View Post
    Some say 1 day active, some say 3 days slowfarming.
    Goes rather fast

Crackbacon's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to the fact that Shadow Dust*6 now rewards 150 reputation per turn-in. Isn't it easier and more rewarding farming these over the Time-Lost Scrolls?

A turn-in of Shadow Dust requires 6 dusts, and gives you 150 reputation with Sha'tari Skyguard:
    150/6=25 reputation worth per Shadow Dust

10 Time-Lost Scrolls summons a mini-boss. Each mini-boss gives you 100 reputation with Sha'tari Skyguard. There are 4 mini-bosses, giving you 100*4 reputation per round. Once all 4 mini-bosses are killed and looted, you are capable of summoning Terokk. Killing Terokk gives you 500 reputaion. So in total, this gives you 900 reputation:
    (4*100)+500=900 reputation -> 900/40=22,5 Reputation worth per Time-Lost Scroll
    Last edited by Crackbacon; 11-14-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
    -Groucho Marx

BaboonX's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    1/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the guide I was looking into farming rep with this faction for a while now but never felt obligated too. Also want to share a great game with you guys if you don't want to play wow at all until cataclysm, it's called Alliance of Valiant Arms, it's a free korean first person shooter but a company called ijji bought it and is letting people play it for free. Great map design and weapon balance, even after purchasing Black Ops (the new over hyped $60 game title) I would rather play Alliance of Valiant Arms.

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Crackbacon View Post
    Due to the fact that Shadow Dust*6 now rewards 150 reputation per turn-in. Isn't it easier and more rewarding farming these over the Time-Lost Scrolls?

A turn-in of Shadow Dust requires 6 dusts, and gives you 150 reputation with Sha'tari Skyguard:
    150/6=25 reputation worth per Shadow Dust

10 Time-Lost Scrolls summons a mini-boss. Each mini-boss gives you 100 reputation with Sha'tari Skyguard. There are 4 mini-bosses, giving you 100*4 reputation per round. Once all 4 mini-bosses are killed and looted, you are capable of summoning Terokk. Killing Terokk gives you 500 reputaion. So in total, this gives you 900 reputation:
    (4*100)+500=900 reputation -> 900/40=22,5 Reputation worth per Time-Lost Scroll
    I can only say, since EVERYTHING is in such a tiny clusterfukk area its imo stupid to farm only 1 thing at a time..

You get dust/scrolls from just having a potion on you and going killing frenzy, also netting 10rep per kill, lets say you have a pack of 2-3 non ghosts, its prob 1 dust and 30 rep, combine it with 3 ghost (if not more) its 30 more rep and maby a scroll or two, since bosses also go fast and they usually tend to have packs of ghost/nonghosts around em its fine.
    You could skip terokk, but do the turn-in for the 4 relics to net another 350 rep.

Imo, farm for everything, nothing specially, even with semi-low dps you should get dust so you always can keep a potion up while farming.

thats just my cent, but I duno if you farm as healer/lowgeared tank it might be better to farm for just dust.. cant say, cant imagine it either thou.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast