Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My gold selling experience!

This is done using:
    - pvpTool *Basic* ( Pirox Bots One time fee of 14.99 Euro )
    - Pirox's Free 4.0.1 Fish bot ( Pirox Bots - Fish bot post )
    - Loot Filter AddOn ( Loot Filter )
    - Pirox's built in AddOn

Loot Filter Settings:

-Keep by Name: Azure Whelpling, Tiny Emerald Whelpling, Tiny Crimson Whelpling, Disgusting Oozeling, Oozing Bag, Dragonfin Angelfish, Musselback Sculpin (choice), Pygmy Suckerfish (choice)

Macros:
    /use Oozing Bag
    /use Crystallized Air
    /use Crystallized Shadow
    /use Crystallized Water
    /use Crystallized Earth
    /use Crystallized Life
    /use Crystallized Fire
    /cast MOUNT NAME
    Note: There are class specific macros that I will not go into, but Pirox forums has very in-depth class set-ups: Pirox Class Setup Forums

Fishing Location:

(This location I found on Mmowned, this is NOT a spot I found on my own.)
    Fishing for:
    -Dragonfin Angelfish
    -Musselback Sculpin (Server Dependent)
    -Pygmy Suckerfish (Server Dependent)

Botting:
    I advise using a fresh made DK or a level 80 of any type. Fresh made DKs are nice because you can easily leave the characters logged out at the botting location, or have zone specific characters. Note: I keep the DK logged @ Crimson Spawn, and Hearthstone set at Menethil Harbor to repair + mail. Mages are nice for teleporting closer to spawns.
    What I bot for: Pets.
    -Tiny Crimson Whelpling 4-6k Crimson Whelpling Level 58 DK
    -Tiny Emerald Whelpling 4-6k Tiny Emerald Whelpling Level 80 Mage
    -Disgusting Oozeling 8-10k Oozeling Profile Level 80 Mage
    -Azure Whelpling 4-5k Azure Whelpling Level 80 Mage

(Prices on these are NOT stable. If a price is not to my liking I will adjust those prices using the AH. IE: Azure Whelpling @ 3.5k, I'll post multiple on different characters @ 8-9kea, thus driving up the price.)
    Tips: I recently had a surplus of Tiny Crimson Whelplings and traded 1:1 for Razzashi Hatchlings, one I resold at 6k, and the other i'm holding on to untill post-patch. Use price instability to your advantage, selling when prices are high, or trading when prices of other pets are low.

Selling:
    Fish - Fish are sold mainly using the AH, you can also turn the fish into Blackened Dragonfin / Dragonfin Filet / Fish Feasts and sell if you have the Cooking skill required.
    Pets - I ALWAYS try to sell more than one at once at a reduced price. If you have someone looking to fill achievements (your target audience) really push for bulk deals, DON'T offer multiple of the same, but different pets at reduced prices. It's important to command the AH, do this with characters OTHER than the character you use to sell pets.
    Sell pets on a character specificly made for doing so, and follow a naming structure to avoid suspicion. IE: Petsmart, Petneeds. People will assume you're a reseller in most cases.

Gold Selling:
    I go to Pirox's forums for gold buyers (These people are RESELLERS, and the price won't be that amazing and dependent on server.) I on a low gold demand server sell at 1-1.5$ / 1k, on a high demand server I'll sell for 2-2.5$ / 1k. The website I use, and you ARE able to negotiate on the price: Foryourgold.com (Asian site, still nice to work with, I enjoy using because they offer Gold to Game time transactions @ good deals) Note: YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SELL TO RESELLERS. Other options are available, for instance: Playerauctions.com PA Is a website with a higher, stable gold market, and acts as more of a middle-man and has a very respectable attitude towards scamming. Both of these sites will pay via Paypal, or other methods depending on the site and your preferences.

- Steve

My gold selling experience!
    Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talked a bit with foryourgold.com, they seem pretty lively.. willing to sell them some gold 1.4$/k (12k 2 days of botting so meh.)

Edit before post: extremely fast response times, good english and understanding, bartered with them and sold/received money within 15 minutes. minus level 1 walking travel time on my part. Will be making a main thread about them after I wake back up.

+ rep, and thank you for the guide as well.
    Last edited by Remus; 11-05-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Timste's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is something missing from the guide, and that's how to not get reported for botting in heavely farmed areas.

Remus's Avatar Banned

Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smart botting will prevent that.

Personally my farming bots run 16hr a day, i switch the profiles around every 4 hours if I am near the computer and from there I am never in the same zone at the same time the next day.

mmaatte's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things I've always followed: I never bot for 24 hours straight. I tend to bot for 6 hour intervals, stopping for an hour or so in between and changing profiles. pvpTool allows for a intelligent response system via chat, if you take the time to set variables it is actually quite realistic. A lot of spawns on my server aren't as populated as one might think, this has kept me safe more than I probably think, but I nonetheless I've taken other precautions as well; after reading about specific names not being able to be said with chat filter I have chosen all botting character names thusly. Always deal with people with the utmost respect, and let it be known to other botters that you know, but have no intention of reporting them. I always send a message trying to be humorous. There is another botter on my server who runs a lot of mining profiles who I came across often back in my Titansteel farming days, and we both send each other funny messages and read them later through auto-screenshots.

Bearshark's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extremely server dependent, Azure Whelps are 400g on my server :/ I dont even know how or why but they are real cheap the only expensive one is Disgusting Oozling which sells for nearly 15k. But anyways great guide and nice formating.

mmaatte's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disgusting Oozeling seems to be the highest priced on my server. When farming them keep in mind that they are a Unique item, you can have multiple in a guild bank, or in the mail.