0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Making Alot of Gold Using Snatch Feature

In this guide I'm going to introduce you to probably one of the most underestimated and least used, yet very valuable Auctioneer Function called Snatch. The Snatch feature is very often misunderstood and therefore not used very often, or not used to it's full potential.

The idea behind Snatch is to basically create a snatch list where you add items to the list and add a certain buyout price as well. Then when you run a snatch search at the Auction House, it will tell you if any of the items on your list are on the auction house for under or equal to the buyout price that you specified.

Now let's talk about the three main uses for the Snatch Function:

• Buying cheap materials.

One of the biggest mistakes that people make when it comes to crafting professions and mass production, is that they browse the Auction House and come to the conclusion that:
    "Oh, if I was to buy the raw materials to make a Mongoose Enchant Scroll, I can resell it for a 50 gold profit!".
    Yes, this may be that you would make a profit, but you are limiting your profits by what is currently available on the Auction House. If you want to start making real profits at any time of day or any day of the week, you need to have a stockpile of necessary raw materials. Many people shy away from this because they are scared that 1 week later they for some reason won't have managed to use those raw materials, and the prices for the materials that they stockpiled is going to sink below the price at which they bought them.

Now this the first way where the Snatch Feature comes in handy. Let's say you are a heavy user of Saronite Ore for what ever reason be it Jewelcrafting, Blacksmithing, Enchanting (Saronite Shuffle), etc. You get many farmers who will often simply dump their Saronite Ore on the Auction House because they would rather get less gold quicker than spend time waiting for a slightly bigger profit. You can set your Snatch Feature to scan and tell you when ever there is Saronite Ore below say 40% of the usual sell price.

This isn't the best way to make use of the Snatch Feature but it does the job, especially if you have several different materials that you want to stockpile but only at very low prices. Instead of searching each material individually, you just click 1 button and it will scan all those different materials at once and output a list immediately.

• Finding very rare items.

This is probably the most useful and vital way to use the Snatch Feature of Auctioneer, and honestly it is something that EVERYONE should do. There are certain recipe's in WoW (mainly pre-bc level 30-60 recipes) that are EXTREMELY hard to find, and highly sought after by players wanting to complete their profession recipe sets.

I will give you an example of 2 low level profession items. An enchanting recipe and a Tailoring pattern to prove my point:

[Pattern: Star Belt]
    Very average looking Tailoring Pattern right? Level 200, fairly crappy stats, quite a tiresome or out-of-the-way materials. Who on earth would want it? It's an item that drops in Scarlet Monastery so usually players level 28-38 will pick this up, most of them being new will try Auction it for a few gold or learn it. Many of those low levels who are alts of higher players, will just delete or vendor the recipe since it doesn't seem worth making a couple of gold.
    WRONG. This sells on most servers for 1,000g-3,000g.

[Formula: Enchant Shield - Lesser Block]
    Next up is this enchanting formula with very pathetic looking stats for leveling. Again around the level 28-38 level range.
    Sellprice? 2,000g.

Really, you can pick these up on the Auction House for under 20 gold, and resell them for insane profits. There are tons of recipes and formulas like this out there that are highly sought after by those looking to complete their profession lists. If you don't believe me take a look at some of the threads on the official forums like THIS.

• Items soon to disappear.

Something else that you can use the Snatch Feature to find, are items that are currently available ingame but soon won't be. Things such as [Razzashi Hatchling] which will have their "dropped by" mobs removed in Cataclysm.

To go along with this last point, you can also include items that used to be available ingame but are now no longer.
    [Ruby Shades] and [Haunted Momento] are excellent examples.

Okay, okay so I've got you all hot and sweaty now what? Well here is a quick how-to guide on using and setting up the Snatch Feature:

1. Make sure you have a working version of Auctioneer Installed. Having a relatively accurate scan data rate can help in this process.

2. Login to your bank character with Auctioneer enabled, go to the Auction House and click on the Search Tab that is found right at the bottom of the Auction House window.

3. This will then open up the Auctioneer SearchUI where you have a plethora of searching tools to help you make gold. On the left hand side at the top you will see an About, Searches, Filters, Options and Settings main section list. Under Searches you should see the subsection called Snatch. Click on it.

4. This will then open up the Snatch Window as I displayed in the top of my thread. In short for those who get overwhelmed quickly when using new addons. Top left (with the text saying "Drop item into box") is where you drag items that you want to add to the list. Right under that you can choose a gold value or a market percentage value. I prefer to use a gold value since then I have more control over the prices.

Below that is "Snatch search settings" heading, I would recommend leaving that section untouched.

On the right is your actual Snatch "List" (probably blank for you right now). This is where all the items that you add to your list will be saved.

5. Ok I'm going to be straight forward and say to you now, the "Drag item into box" label is pretty misleading, because that can only be done if you have the item in your inventory. However, there is a rather well designed solution. If you click on an item link (for example from trade chat) as if you were wanting to look at the items details, it will then automatically put that item in the "Drag item into box" location.

6. Now what happens if no one has linked the item that you want? There is a nice quick solution. Wowhead: The Original > search for the item you want > click on the "Link" button and copy and paste the code that pops up.

For example [Ruby Shades] will give you the code:
      Code:
      /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffffffff\124Hitem:38089:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Ruby Shades]\124h\124r");

7. Next go into WoW and type /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffffffff\124Hitem:38089:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Ruby Shades]\124h\124r");. This will then post the item link into chat (it won't actually /say it or anything, it just appears in your chat window). You can then click the item like normal and it will appear in your Snatch window.

8. Next is setting your price. This takes a bit of research on your part (read wowhead comments, google it and look for forum posts about the item etc). Having a reliable Auctioneer Scan Price Database can come in handy here to give you a general idea of what it is usually sold for on your server. You then set your price as however much you are willing to pay for it and then click Add item.
      It will then be added into your list on the right. Basically repeat this process, adding a good selection of items that you want in your Snatch List.

9. The last step is to click the "Search" Button. Now this is located on the bottom left of the Search Tab Window (under the list where you originally chose "Snatch" from). Auctioneer will run a scan from your most recent scan data and then output the results, telling you if that item is available for the price you specified or under. Keep in mind it runs of your most RECENT STORED data from a scan. So it's always a good idea to do a proper Auction House scan before running a Snatch Search.
      You can type /auc getall to speed up the scan process a LOT (full scan on my server takes 40 mins, getall scan takes 3-5 minutes and does pretty much the same thing).

Thank you very much for reading, Please feel free to ask any questions

- - Byfar Arena Services, 24/7 Support - -
    Offering the highest quality Arena Services and Coaching from the best players in the WORLD

Making Alot of Gold Using Snatch Feature
    shindaustin's Avatar Active Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/1
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    finally a guide i needed =D
    I remember the old post about snatching on the nuetral ah..but idk if that guide is still up.
    is there a way to run this and buy everything while im asleep? or not online

Byfar's Avatar Active Member Byfar the Best Boosting
    CoreCoins Purchaser Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Snatch feature searches amongst the current Scan Data you have.

You'd have to automate the scan to auction house, switch to snatch etc, so it's not going to work if you're not there to monitor it, sorry

You'd have to have a very advanced auto clicking bot or something, and remember you can only scan every 15 minutes using the AucGetAll.
    Offering the highest quality Arena Services and Coaching from the best players in the WORLD

Unholyshaman's Avatar ★ Elder ★
    Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Iziena View Post
    The Snatch feature searches amongst the current Scan Data you have.

You'd have to automate the scan to auction house, switch to snatch etc, so it's not going to work if you're not there to monitor it, sorry

You'd have to have a very advanced auto clicking bot or something, and remember you can only scan every 15 minutes using the AucGetAll.
    I'm going to add to what Iziena said in response about automation.

I myself use the snatch function quite a bit and have found many great and wonderful deals about it. Though the problem is (especially when you have a very large snatch list) is that the prices often vary or change.
    For example let's say something you really want to buy is a Glyph of Mage Armor (in the light of the latest patch), this has been a very high selling glyph since it's currently uncraftable. It might be selling for 500g each on your server, but suddenly a new competitor comes in who has a stack of like 20 mage armor glyphs and he posts them at 200g each, your snatch could think "oh what a great deal!" *buys*. Now you sitting with 20 mage armor glyphs and just spent 2,000g on them. Following day the item gets hotfixed and is back to selling for 20g each.

I always choose very carefully before buying an item from my snatchlist, checking to see how many there are of that item on the list and if I can remember it actually selling well in the past.

Aldun's Avatar Banned
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An alot of gold? **** YEA!

:3

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally Posted by Aldun View Post
    An alot of gold? **** YEA!

:3

Aldun you know what happens to grammar police on MMOwned...

abhorsenjay's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look! A wild alot of gold appeared!

Sorry Unholy I couldn't resist.
    Last edited by abhorsenjay; 10-26-2010 at 10:22 AM.
    Backups? We don't *NEED* no steenking baX%^~,VbKx NO CARRIER

sanguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good guide dude !

testing it atm , but dont have lot of idea for item in my list , do you have any top 10 items for make gold?

Thanks G/R
    20/20
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *cough* first screenshot *cough*

sanguy's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was wandering for more general items , like saro , ruby , cuz on the 1rst shot , theses items are sucky on my realm :>

Yiebaza's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to check the bank of my alt which I leveled some time ago and was surprised to find out BOTH reciped you mentioned! (Lesser Block and Star Belt) Hoping to sell em for some decent price

EDIT 1: Lesser Block sold for 1750g in 10minutes after I listed it in AH
    Last edited by Yiebaza; 10-30-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Nipo's Avatar Sergeant
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I hope it help me making some gold cause I'm not good at all haha

camcam22's Avatar Member
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so many people do the same thing

Byfar's Avatar Active Member Byfar the Best Boosting
    CoreCoins Purchaser Premium Seller
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best stuff to make gold from are OLD recipe's and patterns etc.