0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4.0.1 Warrior Zul'Gurub Guide

Hello! Elrath here again, to give you a new guide on farming Zul'gurub!

As you all may know, with the 31 talent point trees, its impossible for Protection to go Hybrid self-healing Fury anymore, so its either Protection or Fury.

Recently I've been playing Fury, clearing the whole instance every 2 days. My gear isn't too amazing, very few 264 as Fury is my offspec. Hit capped (27%), Expertise capped (dodge only), and decent amounts of Strength.

As for Protection, my gear is pretty average, almost full 264 with some 251 pieces, 40k+ health unbuffed.

So how do I farm Zul'gurub? The answer is Fury.

I use the glyph of Bloody Healing, and then normal Fury-esque glyphs. Here is a small breakdown of the bosses.

Raptor Boss ~ My strategy for this boss, like all the bosses, is brute force. Berserker Stance with both my Two-hand weapons out, tunneling the boss. I roll with Skeleton Key just as a 6.4k absorb, as Raptor is the hardest boss to down for me. Keep casting Bloodthirst on cooldown, Heroic Strike, Raging Blow. Use Enraged Regen when needed, cast it OUTSIDE the mortal strike debuff.

Tiger Boss ~ Nuke the shit out of them. I run with no Skeleton Key. Between Cleave, Whirlwind, and Bloodthirst (targeting High Priest). If one of them is alive, down it, focus frame the healer, pummel if needed, with the OP fury dps, it should be quite easy.

Panther ~ Once again, Nuke boss. I managed to nuke the boss before she stealths off and sends her panthers on you. The panthers hit like napkins, just kill the boss when she comes back.

Spider ~ Nuke boss, Cleave/Whirlwind adds, simple.

Bat ~ Nuke the boss, watch out for pats, interrupt heals if needed.

Hakkar ~ Nuke boss, with no Priestess' up, its quite simple. Skeleton Key if needed, Enrage Regen when required.

Hope it was decent, just ask any questions and I'll answer then when I get the time. Go easy on me, only my second guide .

Hope it helps! :wave:
    Last edited by Elrath723; 10-23-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Added some bold.

4.0.1 Warrior Zul'Gurub Guide
    suicidity's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't know people were still doing Zul'Gurub, right on though.

Elrath723's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I only do it for a slow amount of income. 20g per boss is decent, 6(20)=120g, not bad for the way im living :P. Not to mention the epic weapons/gear to sell for decent moneys.

But for the most part, due to the fact ZG is disappearing in Cataclysm and becoming an instance, we won't be able to get the mounts, so I figured hey, why not help other Fury warriors get the mounts, even though its a last-minute scramble.

ashman1704's Avatar Private
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2 cents on ZG

I am new to you guys and saw this post and wanted to jump in. For the last couple weeks I have been averaging 2-3k in gold from ZG a day when i farm it. Since they are closing this place people are wanting the bijou's and coins for rep but no one wants to farm for them. Here is the break down, the prices are dropping some since some people are catching on to this but still a good money maker.

You can clear all the trash in a couple hours. I use a warrior, I have a caster but its a pain if you don't kill the ones who stun you and a toon wearing plate seems to be the best for me in here. Don't kill the bosses or some trash wont respond until the 2 day reset. Once your done just disband your raid reset all instances and back inyou go.

Drops that you are looking for to auction
    1. All of the Bijou’s they come in like 9 different colors. This is a blue drop. That is used to gain rep. with the Zandalar Tribe. Since the instance is closing and there are a lot of people want all their reps exalted for the lore quest line. You will average between 50-60 of these per run. They will sell for on average 12 gold = 600-720 gold
    2. All of the coins that drop. These are a green drop, again for rep. You will average between 80-100 of these per run. They sell for 1-2 gold each = 100-200 gold.
    3. Runecloth, you will get an average of 16-20 stacks on a run. They are selling between 4-6 gold a stack = 64-120 gold
    4. Trash drops, you will average 50-100 gold for selling these to vendor.
    5. Silver coin drop from trash you will average between 40-60 gold here as well.

Bijous 600 720 gold
    Coins 100 200 gold
    Runecloth 064 120 gold
    Trashdrops 050 100 gold
    Coin drop 040 060 gold
    Total 854 1200 gold this is the minimum amount you will make in 1.5 hours.

Plus you can get some level 60 epics that sell for little to known but i did sell a blacksmithing pattern for 800g and i have had 3 Orb of deceptions drop for that i have sold for 1k each and the pristine black diamonds are selling on my server for 2-300 each, which i have had 10 now.

Now if you get lucky and get Razzashi Hatchling Creature: Razzashi Hatchling - Thottbot: World of Warcraft it can sell for 3-5k to as much as 10k. since this pet is being removed fromt he game. if you get one and hold it till they do remove it then you will be able to get close to 10k at some point. I have manged to get 5 of these in th elast week. drop rate is 1 in 100.

Plus if you have the lures and have fishing and fish up the bait you can fight the boss in the water and get the tome of polymorph turtle it can sell from 2-300 gold to whatever. depending on your server and how smart people are or are not. The word is there will be a vendor in cata that will sell this but i have not seen this 100% correct yet. So if you get one hold it and hope there is no vendoe then yo uwill have a nice item to sell or don't take the chance and sell it now.

Anyway that is my 2 cents worth or my 2 golds worth. Good luck.

Thanks from a 40 year old stay at home dad who plays wow and just joined your website.

piree's Avatar Contributor
    Thanks G/R
    0/0
    Trade Feedback
    0 (0%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The drop rate on the razzashi hatchling has gone from 1% to 0.1%,it used to be 1% in vanilla tho.

And yea, ZG as a fury warrior is pretty easy. Been farming it as fury for last 2 months, but now with the new talents it just gotten easier.
    Just hope tiger mount drops one day for me.